Search results

1. N

Crossover Assistance with Eminence Speakers

I agree with the others who suggested an APT80, that seems like a better match for sensitivity. Also the Eminence Beta-12A might be a better fit for your boxes. The Kappa has a pretty low Qts and the bass might be a little lean. If you decide to go with the APT80, I would suggest a simple...
  2. N

Favorite Frozen Pizza

I like Amy's Margherita pizza. It is very good compared to any pizza, IMHO.
  3. N

Mother Fuddrucker's Mustard

The National Mustard Museum might have something. https://store.mustardmuseum.com/category/s?keyword=smoky I have tried this one, it is good. It reminds me of BBQ sauce. https://store.mustardmuseum.com/product/3552/pepper-hot-mustards I'm sure you could call them for some recommendations also...
  4. N

Barnes and Noble Mail Order Experiences

I have ordered LP's from Barnes & Noble several times. Never had an issue with condition and they usually arrive very quickly. I like the fact that they still have brick and mortar stores near me also. They have a large inventory of new vinyl in the store.
  5. N

Klipsch KG4

Very nice speakers, I'd pay that for a mint pair and never look back...
  6. N

Cornwall midrange udgrade needed

You could try inverting the polarity of the mid and/or tweeter. A hollow sound seems like it could be a polarity issue. I would start with the midrange. Whoever recapped them in the past may have swapped the polarity to compensate for room issues or for their personal preference.
  7. N

The concert you never seen but wanted to.

The J. Geils Band. How I missed them so many times, I'll never know...
  8. N

History of FM radio quality? I'm disappointed...

I'm very satisfied with my local public radio station, the sound is fine and they play lots of music. As long as you like Classical or Jazz music, they are great. I suspect those two formats get compressed much less than the typical pop song.
  9. N

Ever Hear Cheap BUT Good Speakers?

I bought a small pair of Altec Lansing USB powered computer speakers for a the television. The ones that look like little soup cans with maybe a 2" full range speaker. They sound surprisingly nice, no deep bass but a well balanced sound with a clear mid range and decent highs. They sound...
  10. N

Barrier Strips

Parts Express has a nice selection... https://www.parts-express.com/search.aspx?N=4294967118+4294961579&Nrs=collection%28%29%2Frecord%5Bendeca%3Amatches%28.%2C%22P_PortalID%22%2C%221%22%29+and+endeca%3Amatches%28.%2C%22P_Searchable%22%2C%221%22%29%5D&Ntt=barrier*+strip*&PortalID=1
  11. N

Finally a young band that gets it.

I knew what band you were referring to just from the title of this thread... They do sound really good.
  12. N

My Dope dealer delivers tomarrow 12/13

The Mustard Museum is pretty awesome... So fun to browse their selections and pick out a few jars. My favorite so far is this one: https://store.mustardmuseum.com/product/3399/herb-and-veggie-mustards
  13. N

Classical Music Suggestions for a Metal Head

Here is a good one: Johann Pachelbel - Canon in D Major It is often played with an electric guitar on YouTube, check out Funto's version...
  14. N

The Pretenders on Austin City Limits

I thought they sounded really good also, very enjoyable show.
  15. N

I love piano trios

I like Gene Harris with the Ray Brown Trio also, great style and sound.
  16. N

Karlson K12 Rescue is Finally Done

Looks like a nice rig, very stylish. And I would never laugh at the choice of any Mannheim Steamroller album.
  17. N

Bwoooohoooohohoo, dog broke my LS50

If you can flip the front panel upside down, then maybe a little grey touch up paint will be good enough. If that is not good enough; I would probably remove both panels (if possible), fill the chip with wood putty or body filler, and repaint both panels so they match.
  18. N

One Word Song Title Transference

Peak Hour - The Moody Blues
  19. N

What Is The Best Jazz Album Ever???

Jimmy McGriff - Straight Up
  20. N

Recommend your favorite LIVE albums

Bob Seger - Live Bullet. An old time favorite. Still great. King Curtis - Live at Fillmore West. A recent discovery. Really excellent. Little Feat - Waiting for Columbus. I learned about this one on AK, thanks all... Aerosmith - Live Bootleg. Great older Aerosmith at their bluesiest. Led...
  21. N

RIP Larry Coryell

So sorry to hear this news, he was a great guitarist and played for many years. He will be missed. RIP Larry.
  22. N

Can someone tell what this diy/kit amp is?

Nice Barzilay console...
  23. N

Choose Between Two Integrated Amps

Best thing would be to hear them both with your speakers, then pick. All else being equal, buy the one that looks better with your existing components.
  24. N

Wichita Lineman...what it's all about

One of the great ones!
  25. N

Discovering DEVO

I never truly appreciated Devo until a friend loaned me the CD: Pioneers Who Got Scalped: The Anthology What a great collection of songs, they were a very talented band.
Back
Top Bottom