Search results

1. H

Infinity IRS Beta

Thanks for the reply, I did see the Sterophile review.
  2. H

Infinity IRS Beta

untill last week I'd never seen a pair, now I'm being offered two different pairs. What is the value of these speakers? I've looked all over the net and prices range from $3000-$10000. One pair is 5/10 the other 8/10 both have servo controllers. Thoughts please
  3. H

What do we have here?

You've got a couple grand riding in your trailer
  4. H

My First Barn Find

Nice find! The 110 looks like a Z version.
  5. H

Hello.... from upstate NY

Welcome to AK from a member in Syracuse
  6. H

Opening a Hi Fi repair shop...still a "bad" idea?

Most of the repairs we do are for people that came from a time when you didn't just throw things out. Many pieces were handed down and have sentimental value.
  7. H

Billh1963 if you want to pick our brain about the repair business, feel free to email us.
  8. H

Our shop does 500 plus repairs a year, so having pieces to work on isn't a problem. Depending on your area you could charge $50-$100 per hour (not bad part time money). If you can deal with John Q Public, I say go for it. If I could find two more "good techs" I would hire them on the spot, so...
  9. H

Sansui 9090db find

We'll done enjoy!
  10. H

Hello from Upstate NY

We're in Syracuse and operate a vintage stereo store
  11. H

Hello from Upstate NY

Welcome to AK, where in upstate are you?
  12. H

Free COVID testing kits 4 per residence.

I'm glad the tests are going out, find it funny that people call them free. Who do you think pays for these?
  13. H

Help needed to identify this tonearm

Thank You for the info. Never would have figured it out on my own.
  14. H

Anybody know this tone arm?

Thanks for the help
  15. H

Help needed to identify this tonearm

Anyone know what tone arm this is.
  16. H

NOS Dynaco ST70 kit value

I know this isn’t a pot of gold, the 70 value $600-$800, NOS tubes $600, asking price $1500. Given I won’t build the amp or sell the tubes, what is the total value? Thanks to all that responded
  17. H

I think people or maybe I’m missing something, I don’t think the kit should be touched, if it’s built all you have is a mint 70. I’m looking for a collector’s view of the value.
  18. H

I don’t think building the amp would be smart to do, the value is being a NOS kit.
  19. H

I’m looking at a full original ST70 kit, I know the value of a mint 70 and the value of NOS tubes. The big question is what value added comes from a unassembled kit? I can’t believe there’s to many of these laying around. Thanks in advance for your help
  20. H

Altec 604B, N-1000, SS25

Thanks for the reply gents, the cabinets are marked SS25 and we've seen one picture of them online. They seem to be the same size as the 614's but with a better look. We're going to sell the 604B's w/o the cabinets. Our real question is, will a buyer of these 604's want the cabinets? We see...
  21. H

Altec 604B, N-1000, SS25

We are very lucky to find a pair of Altec 604B's with the N-1000 crossovers. Our question is about the cabs, we have SS25 cabs and want to know if they have any value. We found pictures online but no info. as to a value. Any help would be great. Thanks
  22. H

new to me Cornwalls

Lots of amps will work well with your Cornwalls, we're big fans of using tube gear with horn speakers. I would look for Dynaco ST70 and PAS pre or Scott 299 series or a nice Fisher 500/800 receiver. All will be at or under your $1000 range.
  23. H

Polk SRS 1.2TL

Space on the sides is needed the more the better and they must face straight forward. The amp or receiver must be common ground. Enjoy!
  24. H

Polk SRS 1.2TL

You must have space on either side of the SDA's or you won't get the 3d sound. We've had every model of SDA's and the big ones need room, space them 8' and make sure you have min. 3-5' on each side.
  25. H

How good are these...? (Polkaudio)

I'm with the camp that says if you like the sound, buy them and enjoy. I think Polk speakers at $50 are worth a go.
Back
Top Bottom