Search results

1. ilikesilver

Recommended Modern Amps

Hegel H80. Paired with my Dynaudio X32s, it's a fantastic combination. They're not the most efficient speaker around and it handles them just fine!
  2. ilikesilver

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Albert King Years Gone By on Dynaudio X32s
  3. ilikesilver

What's your latest audio purchase?

Hegel H80 is on the way. Can't wait!
  4. ilikesilver

Rega vs Pro-Ject

I've had both and prefer the Debut Carbon DC. I had the original Debut Carbon, and sold it because of hum. The new DC has eliminated the hum and is a much better TT in my opinion. Didn't really care for the Rega......
  5. ilikesilver

What's your latest audio purchase?

Topping TP60. Going to give a nice T-amp a try!
  6. ilikesilver

I'm so glad we had this time together......

Thanks for all the time and effort you've put into this forum. Having been a mod on a large internet forum, I know how much work goes into it. Enjoy your mod retirement. I resigned once, and went back for seconds about a year later. Wasn't a good move...... :D
  7. ilikesilver

Just Joined

Welcome!
  8. ilikesilver

What TT's do you folks have

Thorens TD 160 w/Ortofon Mojo cartridge Debut Carbon DC w/Ortofon 2M blue Technics SL-23 w/unknown Shure Technics SL-1600 MK2 W/Ortofon 2M red (soon to be 2M blue)
  9. ilikesilver

Music Hall MFF 2.2 Cartridge Upgrade

Another vote for the Ortofon 2M blue. I just replaced a 2M red with the blue and it's a wonderful cartridge. Very lively and detailed. Not what I'd consider warm at all.
  10. ilikesilver

Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit (DC) vs 1Xpression Carbon

I owned the original Debut Carbon and had no tracking issues at all with that tonearm. I did get rid of it because of the dreaded hum that they were prone to having. I have since bought the Debut Carbon DC, because they have seem to have corrected the hum issue. It is dead quiet and again...
  11. ilikesilver

Retirement

I'm starting my 2nd week of retirement this week! So far so good. I've been staying busy with things I've putting off doing for some time. Thankfully I have several hobbies, so I can always be busy with one of them. Today I serviced my Technics sl-23 turntable. Been wanting to do that...
  12. ilikesilver

Looking for NEW Intergrated.

After becoming so irritated I couldn't keep my vintage amps running reliably, and not having anyone in my area to fix them, I finally gave up on vintage and decided to purchase new equipment. I bought a Creek Evo 50A and a pair of Epos Epic 2 speakers and have been very happy with the combination.
  13. ilikesilver

Headphones under $200?

Agreed!! Love my SR-125s. Bought them and a pair of Sennheiser in the same price range, kept the Grados. No contest for me........
  14. ilikesilver

Throrens looses right channel

Thanks, that's exactly what've I've started doing. I touch a metal lamp that's by my turntable to discharge myself. Hopefully it won't cause any more problems!
  15. ilikesilver

It is a TD 160..... That certainly could be part of the problem. Thanks!
  16. ilikesilver

This has happened twice to me now. During the winter, there's a significant amount of static electricity in my house. A month or so I touched the cue lever and heard the electric spark of the static electricity. The next album I put on didn't have a right channel playing. I removed the...
  17. ilikesilver

Need advice on Jolida integrated

I've had a Jolida 302 CRC for over a year now. Sounds great and has been problem free.
  18. ilikesilver

Tips for buying used vinyl

Agreed. I've bought records by the lights in record stores only to later get them in good light and there are light scratches everywhere. With and LED light, they show up nicely.
  19. ilikesilver

Vinyl only spin list

Grateful Dead - Workingman's Dead
  20. ilikesilver

Suggestions for a good pair of bookshelfs?

Actually both speakers have similar sound signatures. I just think the Epos have better bass and better clarity.
  21. ilikesilver

Suggestions for a good pair of bookshelfs?

Music direct has Epos Epic 2s on sale for half price right now. $399.00, normally $800.00. They are fantastic bookshelf speakers! They are very neutral sounding speakers. I've had a lot of bookshelf speakers, and for their size, they are my favorites. I have a pair of KEF Q300s. Nice...
  22. ilikesilver

AR table gets rebuilt better than new

Beautiful! Well done! :ntwrthy: Wish it was mine!
  23. ilikesilver

McKinney TX estate sale

My son has been to a couple of estate sales that were done by the company running this one. He said everything was priced full retail. Like someone else said, I'm sure they've done their homework and know what this stuff is worth. I'll be curious to see if anyone gets a great deal!
  24. ilikesilver

Vinyl only spin list

Ray Charles The genius sings the blues
Back
Top Bottom