Search results

1. william13

Happy Birthday Ray Gianelli!

Happy Birthday Ray We met on the forum and became close friends. Your integrety and knowledge run deep and your willingness to share your talents with others is unparalled. Bill
  2. william13

How does an MC300 compare to MC500

Thanks for all the replies. I really was not looking to upgrade the mc300 with a 500. The opportunity just showed up and the piece was so handsome and the price was right but my back is weak so with reluctance ......I am going to pass on it......especially since differences range from subtle...
  3. william13

How does an MC300 compare to MC500

I have a 300 that I am using for a secondary system and I like it. Now I have the opportunity to get a 500 but frankly know very few people who ever had them. Opinions please.
  4. william13

Rotel RX-950AX

Just saw this thread. I also have the Rotel RX 950 with same switch which I removed and can not find replacment. Did you every fix it? How do you short it? Bill
  5. william13

Mcintosh C29 Preamp, new owner

I will try to find the link but many have been successful is using a very very black paint over the pealing. I did it and it worked. https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/black-on-glass-experiments.563162/
  6. william13

Stripped sticky remote

Stripped it and then sprayed high glaze black paint over shell and it worked nicely
  7. william13

Terry DeWick has retired...

Look into a guy named Ray Gianelli a member of AK. (Florida) Very academic, precise, honest, problem solver, who loves to repair. He has all the lastest equiptment and he gets tremendous joy fixing things. Also AudioClassics (NY) has a department that does amazing work
  8. william13

Techics SL-1950: Worth Pursuing?

Sorry, If the cue lift is missing and you can't Jimmy rig something then I think its not worth keeping. That's a weird thing to go missing.
  9. william13

Techics SL-1950: Worth Pursuing?

Cue arm common issue Fixed mine in less than 1 hour Many have written about this so I won't repeat but basically its a clean up job and new damping fluid It is a DIY fix. (some good videos exist on youtube) I have 5 turntables from expensive to cheap. I kind of like this one so I say keep...
  10. william13

My tonearm does this......

He (@vwestlife) replied: He said the movement was normal
  11. william13

It does not bother me at all. But I am very curious. I woke up at 4 am today (to the dog barking) . Its my most creative time of day. A thought crossed my mind. I did not mention this but the 1950 has the capability for multi-record play using a long spindle which I do not have. I...
  12. william13

Do you mean the cycle of return? Are you saying it is attempting to park itself from the previous cycle of automatic off? So for one second it jerks into park position but then it responds to "on" and acts normally! Interesting. But I'm not sure that's what is happening. I will give it some...
  13. william13

Are there other steps to test your supposition ?
  14. william13

I am not familiar with that function
  15. william13

It retracts it within 1 second of the "beginning" of play......then its fine
  16. william13

Suspect you are correct
  17. william13

Thanks for that info I will reach out
  18. william13

Good analogy. makes sense Thanks
  19. william13

Thank you but already done
  20. william13

Addendum Here is a video where it does the same movement at 13 min 40 into the video (video must be played directly from youtube) The other 2 videos do not show this movement.
  21. william13

I recented adopted a Technics 1950 TT. Like many other vintage TT it's damping oil was dry and I cleaned out the entire unit using many of the ideas on this site and VE site. The movement of the arm is weird (in my opinion). When turned on, the arm raises and instead of moving directly to...
  22. william13

Black on glass experiments?

Sorry, I did not
  23. william13

Restoring an MC300

I missed this thread. I saw the same MC300 and ebay and I was p_ssed that I did not bid on it. But I was so happy to see an AK member member get it. I am William13 and Ray Gianelli was the one who fixed my MC300. Ray has the "touch" I was going to send it to Audio Classics who I...
  24. william13

Service experience with Audio Classics?

I have used both: Skill set and knowledge excellent with both You will not go wrong with AC. They (AC) have a respectable turn around time and open communications. They really care care care and show it. I am very fussy about my gear and I liked the ability to ask them questions without the...
Back
Top Bottom