Search results

1. Rmac587

Testing 12ax7 on Hickock 6000

Hi Guys, Testing some tubes on the 6000. On the chart the conductance is 1250. When I set the shunt to the 3000 mark and hit the test button the tube comes in around 1000 microohms. My questions: 1-On the 3000 shunt setting I disregard the fact that the reading is in the “replace” segment of...
  2. Rmac587

Ye Olde Speaker ID

These are for sale near me, but not identified. Tweeter has a Peerless look about it. Beat-up, but maybe some potential? Thanks! Rmac587
  3. Rmac587

Swiss Fischer Mystery Connectors

Hi Folks, I acquired a lot of very heavy, well-made adapters from a lot, Fischer from Switzerland. The original owner had some very nice turntables and gear. Anyhoo, I’m confused. Most have RCA male or female on one end and and the three pin connectors on the other. Are these actually...
  4. Rmac587

Pioneer SX-939 and KUDOS TO ZEBULON1!

This is a great story…. I’m a tube guy first and foremost, but my buddy @HBTim has a magnificent, beautiful sounding Pioneer SX-1010 with some very tube-like characteristics. I decided I would start looking for one after listening session at his house. Of course, the price on those has gone...
  5. Rmac587

Fisher 202t Transformer

Sadly, I need a tranno for my 202t. I believe it is T721-215 on the parts list. Wondering if there is a sub, or if anyone might have a lead…. Thanks!
  6. Rmac587

Chandler AZ to Prescott or SoCal

Hi folks, there’s a Sherwood I’m eyeballing in Chandler, AZ. Anybody passing through there and going up through Prescott (where my son lives), or coming over LA way? Thanks!
  7. Rmac587

DoctorHugo… Fantastic…

I recently picked up a beautiful SAE preamp from @Doctorhugo. All I can say is what a credit to the community. It is a beautiful preamp, beyond fairly priced, and absolutely pristine. Even better, I got to meet DoctorHugo in person and truly enjoyed our visit! Southern California folks, buy...
  8. Rmac587

Speaker ID

A buddy asked me about these. I actually saw a pair recently elsewhere but I cannot recall the brand. Any ideas? Thanks! https://www.kijiji.ca/v-speakers/city-of-toronto/very-cool-old-speakers-15-inch-driver-3-ways/1623594913
  9. Rmac587

Sa-300 Can Capacitors…

Reached out to hayseed ham fest. The cans are both 40/40/40 at 450v. Has anybody bumped those up to 47? Or should I stick with the original value? I think Hayseed usually increases the voltage by 50v on most stuff, but keeps the ohms the same. Thanks!
  10. Rmac587

Hayseed Hamfest Site Down?

Hi Ya'll, The "Contact" and "Request a Quote" pages are both dead links. Anybody know what's going on? There's a banner message saying "EMAIL OUTAGE. Problems with our email service are largely resolved. We ask your patience as our provider continues to work on any remaining issues. Thanks!"...
  11. Rmac587

Fisher SA-300 Parts Query

Hi folks, following up on a thread I started in the DIY section. @notdigital wisely suggested I bring it over here. I have an SA 300 that needs some work. I've compiled a partial parts list. I have the film caps I plan to use, and a 40/40/40 525V can cap on order. My question is what brand or...
  12. Rmac587

Parts list for Fisher SA-300

Pretty much a novice here with a basic understanding, but I’m wondering if anybody has a basic list for the essay 300. Not sure if I should keep the original values in the can cats or not…. have looked at some of the restoration threads as well. I think Dave G’s Modifications are over my head...
  13. Rmac587

Is this gassy, or normal…

Got a few tubes in a larger buy, this is a military national union 829. A little foggy on bottom but it was still in the box. Thanks!
  14. Rmac587

GE 12at7 Mystery

Hi Ya’ll, I have a number of GE tubes, some of which have the markings of the old Ken-Rad plant they purchased (188-5 code). What makes this odd is that two tubes also have European ECC81 numbering on them. One has bottom marks that the other 12at7 do not have (“F” in Center and reverse “13”...
  15. Rmac587

What kind of bulb is this?

What kind of bulb is this? I know this is a little off topic, but I figure one of them more sage members here could answer this. Thanks!
  16. Rmac587

Amperex 12au7 code verification

Hi folks, a little confused as one of the symbols on my Amperex deals with the date, the other deals with place of manufacture and I’m not sure which one it is. Any ideas? And some codes the reverse triangle indicates Heerleen, in others a date of early 1950s According to Brent Jesse. There is...
  17. Rmac587

ID on Philco 6sn7GTB

Hi Folks, The numbers here weren’t making any sense to me with regard to code. Likely Sylvania? Any thoughts? Round mica, halo getter, angled black plates… Thanks!
  18. Rmac587

Belden 1505F vs Mogami w2524 Interconnects... Explain for Me....

Gurus and Seers: Out of necessity, I am experimenting with home-brewed cables using Belden 1505 and Mogami w2524 using Neutrik NYS373 RCA connects. They are the only the only ones that fit the close jacks on my Scott 222c or 299b. The cables are of similar construction, but differ in...
  19. Rmac587

Chicago to LA / Orange County Area

I spy some IMF SuperCompacts on Bartertown that would look great in my den.... Swinging for the fences! -Rmac
  20. Rmac587

Measuring voltage on custom monoblocks...

Hi Folks, A dear friend built me a power amp using a single Scott transformer and two 6l6 power tubes per side. He said I could also use 6v6 and adjust the voltage with a dial that he installed. I do find it a little tricky though, in that I can't recall if he said to half the value on the dial...
  21. Rmac587

Speaker ID for IMF ALS 40 v1

Hi Folks, A buddy bought the rare ALS-40i. The v2 has a lot more info. IMF used a combo of OEM suppliers, Elac, Audax, Peerless, KEF, and their own drivers. Some form of Bextrene woofer is often present. In the v1, there was a VERY ugly bottom woofer treated with a doped or sprayed material. I...
  22. Rmac587

Should I Rewire My IMF ALS-40 Soeakers?

Dear Brain Trust, I’ve got my IMF speakers dismantled and wonder if I could benefit from rewiring them while I’m in there. I have wire pulled from either a pair of Monitor Audio Radius or old Snell speakers. Apparently they used “Monster Cable Special 1A AWM.” Looks to be 14 gauge. I also have...
  23. Rmac587

Scott 299b and DQ20i?

So me and a good buddy @Joethekid7 have been making a serious push to evaluate our respective systems. We are both lucky in having some good gear, and having a combination of things that allow quite a bit of experimentation without the hassle of flipping amps and speakers. It has been a ton of...
  24. Rmac587

Scott 299b cabinet install question...

Hi all, I have a beautiful cabinet for my Scott 299D. As a mounting it, it occurred to me if the bottom lip of the face plate is mounted flush on edge of case (versus sitting very slightly out and weight on edge of chassis behind the plate) it may wait or press against the knob shaft. Any...
  25. Rmac587

Gassy Tube Question

Hi Ya’ll, I’ve got a couple or so tubes that test good on every test using a Hickcock 6000a, but which also have a small white ring 360 around the entire base... is this an indication of a gassy tube, or one headed that way? Thanks!
Back
Top Bottom