Search results

1. L

tube preamp recommendations

Agree... the BBX has a fantastic phono in it! However, no comparison to the NBS, mostly due to the cleaner design and all point-to-point wiring. In addition, the Step-Up transformers for LOMC (he offers two) are far superior in the NBS, but also more expensive. Don't forget that Craig offers...
  2. L

tube preamp recommendations

Agree wholeheartedly about the new NOSValves NBS preamp! Here is a link to my thread on the Klipsch Forum... Mike
  3. L

NOSValves NBS preamp?

Not the greatest pic, but you get the idea! It looks fantastic in person!! Mike
  4. L

NOSValves NBS preamp?

I'm the one that got the first one, and it is all that the BlueBerry Xtreme was and more! :banana: I know this because I sold my BBX and replaced it with the NBS. It was a long wait but well worth it! It is definitely more quiet, but also more open. The detail from this preamp with the VRD's...
  5. L

New version- vpi classic 3!

So what's the verdict Rom? I'm very interested in this table and would like to hear others opinions. Mike
  6. L

MC2205 and C28 help, along with some general cleanup questions

Thanks for the replies, fellas! I was able to clean the knobs on the amp/preamp by dipping in Dawn and scrubbing with a toothbrush. They actually turned out pretty nice. I took Terry's advice and used Maguiar's polish on the glass and it too cleaned up nicely. As for the chassis on the amp I...
  7. L

MC2205 and C28 help, along with some general cleanup questions

I just picked up a MC2205 and a C28 this weekend at a garage sale (along with a MR71 that is in rough shape) and noticed a couple of things that weren't working on the MC2205: 1. The 2 right channel lights in the Output Mode box do not light (Limit, Normal). 2. The right channel big blue...
  8. L

McIntosh - Hints and Kinks

MC2205 help I just picked up a MC2205 this weekend at a garage sale (along with a C28 and a MR71 that is in rough shape) and noticed a couple of things that weren't working: 1. The 2 right channel lights in the Output Mode box do not light (Limit, Normal). 2. The right channel big blue...
  9. L

Live albums

Hmmm... will agree with DP, but think Little Feats Waiting For Columbus is a close second. Another live album that doesn't let up from start to finish is REO Speedwagon's You Get What You Play For. Not the greatest recording (sonically) but it is a kickass double live album. I was there by the...
  10. L

Infinity Column II 's !!!!!

This was the first pair of speakers that I ever owned, and bought them new in 1978 while stationed in Germany. I had them for 23 years and left them behind in Virginia when I moved to Florida in '01. I loved those speakers and still wish I had them. I have since replaced them with some Klipsch...
  11. L

Shure SFG-2 Tracking Force Gauge, I need help?

Yep... get yourself a decent lighted magnifying glass (3 - 4x) and make sure you are putting the stylus on the lines. I used mine for years (still do) and it is pretty accurate. I recently bought a digital gauge and my Denon DL-103 registered 2.51g on it based on the setting from the Shure gauge...
  12. L

5K for a TT cartridge are u kidding!!!!

What turntable/tonearm will this be for? Great sound can be had if you mate the proper cartridge to the tonearm. Generally speaking, low-mass tonearms mate well with high compliance cartridges, and high-mass tonearms mate well with low compliance cartridges. If you are presently using a shure...
  13. L

Is the K-HORN the HOLY GRAIL of Speakerdom for Tubes ?

If you've got the corners and the coin, go for the K-Horns, otherwise go for the La Scala's. There is nothing like fully horn-loaded speakers, especially horn-loaded bass. However, I can tell you from experience these speakers are all about what's driving them (amps/preamp). Mike
  14. L

Is the K-HORN the HOLY GRAIL of Speakerdom for Tubes ?

My La Scala's sound so much more open with the Altec 511B versus the K400. A pair of ALK's make all the difference in the world over the stock networks as well. Mike
  15. L

Juicy Music Audio Blueberry Extreme: A Review

His amps should be ready for production in the next month or so, but they will not be cheap from what I hear. I think they will be in the $4k range, but I'm sure will be well worth it. BTW, I bought Styler's VRD's and have a JMA BlueBerry Xtreme for my front end (driving modified Klipsch La...
Back
Top Bottom