Search results

1. Sebastien

Luxman C-5000a and Luxman M-4000

Hi everyone. Any thoughts on what these two are worth in good working condition? EDIT: the power amp i'm curious about is an M-4000A model. Cheers Seb
  2. Sebastien

identifying chrysotile asbestos insulation.

Hi, It's been brought to my attention that some old speakers might have chrysotile asbestos insulation in them. I did a search but nothing came up so i thought a discussion was warranted. I did a bit of google searching also and i haven't really been able to understand how to identify...
  3. Sebastien

Shipping a BA5000

Hi, Anyone got any tips on sending a BA5000 safely in the post? First thoughts is to build a wooden crate, but i'm curious about the internals. (What kind of packing foam, and how much would be acceptable?) My other thought is that maybe this could be put in a wooden crate then strapped to a...
  4. Sebastien

Insight from BA5000 owners please

Hi, I'm looking at bringing a BA5000 into the family, i'm working with the seller over the phone and through photos and videos. I don't have any problems with the seller, he appears to be a genuine audiophile with a great deal of knowledge and experience in the hobby and many nice audio...
  5. Sebastien

Sansui AU555a space invaders sound effect.

Hi everyone, Appreciate any help on this one. I've got an AU555a with an intermittent noise, independent of input or volume/ tone controls. The best way i could describe it is kind of like an arcade machine special effect- sort of like a ticking distortion that comes and goes, sometimes it's...
  6. Sebastien

Jumping from Sansui to Bryston or similar, who's done it?

Hello, I'm reflecting a little on my audio journey so far, and i feel like I've progressed quite naturally over the years without getting too silly with money - economically bettering my system bit by bit as i come across lucky finds. However I've got a pair of B&W 802 Series 80 now and i...
  7. Sebastien

Kenwood KA-9100 faint buzzing or ticking in right channel

Hi everyone, I'm looking at a KA-9100 for a friend of mine with a right hand channel noise. It's very faint and comes and goes within every few seconds. The sounds is independent of volume and exists regardless of the input selected. To me it sounds like a bad transistor but I'd like to hear...
  8. Sebastien

Help Needed: Sansui AU6900 idle popping and hiss issue

Hi Guys, First of all any help on this is greatly appreciated. So while i'm waiting for parts to arrive for my AU11000 i've jumped onto another project that hopefully is an easier fix. Fault: The amp operates as normal until tone defeat is turned off. Then the amp has a quiet but erratic...
  9. Sebastien

Sansui AU-11000

Hello from Australia! I'm trying to save an AU-11000, i picked it up knowing it was going in and out of protection but as i couldn't inspect in person i only really saw the extent of the abusive repairs its gotten over it's life once i received it. (check the photos out). On the...
  10. Sebastien

Pioneer SA-8800 stuck in protection mode

Hello, I tacked this post onto an existing repair thread that went quiet because we have the same issue but then thought it may be rude to hijack someone else's project. If anyone is able to help with this we're really excited to continue trouble shooting and get this amplifier working. As it...
  11. Sebastien

What speakers are these?

Hi, Can anyone help identify these speakers? Perhaps the cabinets are custom? The drivers are Mordaunt Short, the woofers are labeled DSB208. Any help appreciated! Cheers
  12. Sebastien

Sansui AU-505 Loudness stuck on right channel.

Hello! I was wondering if anyone has experience with an issue like this. 'loudness' is active in the right channel regardless of whether the switch is positioned on or off. Could anyone please instruct on where to begin diagnosing a fault like this? I've cleaned the pots but i haven't tried to...
  13. Sebastien

Need Goodmans Mezzo SL recap advice

Hello, I've got a pair of these Goodmans but one of the speakers has an issue. During a frequency sweep from 20hz to 20khz at around 1800hz the tweeter will suddenly produce a different higher pitch noise through out the rest of the sweep. The greater the volume the earlier in the sweep it...
  14. Sebastien

B&W Series 80 802

Hi there, I've been lucky enough to come across a pair of these speakers that so rarely become available in Western Australia. This is actually the first pair i have ever seen for sale. They're running though they do need some attention and was hoping for any advice in restoring these old gems...
  15. Sebastien

AU 7900 losing sound with use of controls

Hello, My AU7900 has had very touchy controls affecting the sound output to the left and/or right channel. These controls toggle up and down they aren't knobs. For example selecting tone filter adjustments to filter only, or tone and filter can cause the amp to lose most the sound in a...
  16. Sebastien

Pioneer SA520 brief pulse when turned on

Hello, Wondering if anyone can tell me what this fault relates to. When turning the amplifier on a very brief pulse will be audible through the speakers, like a small burp of power but it's enough to see the woofers move. Sounds like a tap on the desk with your finger. The same thing...
  17. Sebastien

Sansui AU7900

Hello, Can someone tell me what this would be worth in original used condition? Thanks
Back
Top Bottom