Search results

1. CoolHomey501

Best Recent McIntosh speakers

^good response, thank you
  2. CoolHomey501

Best Recent McIntosh speakers

What are the best speakers McIntosh has produced in the last decade? I’m speaking about the best in terms of quality. I have two 501 amplifiers
  3. CoolHomey501

MR85 Tuner — Strange Letters on Display (ex. SQRSSQS)

The display on my MR85 is getting strange letters “SQRSRSQ” (for example) and rotates from one letter to the next nonstop. What in the world is my MR85 picking up? Thanks for your help.
  4. CoolHomey501

C49 preamp with a DAC2

Hey everyone, I hope you’ve all had a merry Christmas! I’ve recently had a fiber cable upgrade at my house, not because I’ve made money in Bitcoin and Shiba Inu in 2021, but because AT&T is upgrading my neighborhood. I’ve got a C49 pre-amp and I’m wondering if getting a DAC2 digital to analog...
  5. CoolHomey501

C49 Thoughts ?

Wow, such great responses on here. I really appreciate everyone's input on especially the other models, it really helps me out. I appreciate people's concern on my finances, I just made some bad decisions...I have two words for the doubters on my scale of my losses: Las Vegas! Really appreciate...
  6. CoolHomey501

C49 Thoughts ?

Thanks, Mark. I have two 601's. I also have 501's but I dont want to sell those. Any advise is appreciated. This is such a good board, I have been coming hear for years now with questions and I normally get great info.
  7. CoolHomey501

C49 Thoughts ?

Hey Guys, I am thinking about buying a new C49 preamp b/c I'd like some digital inputs. Unfortunately, while I used to be wealthy I have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars on gambling (and strippers) over the last 12-18 months so I think I will have to sell my beloved C46 to help fund my...
  8. CoolHomey501

MC901's - The best option under $50k??

Hey McIntosh friends, I wanted to know what you all thought about the MC901’s and the relative value I’d be getting from those expensive pieces of work. I would prefer to pair McIntosh speakers with my two MC601 amps, but I wanted to know if any of y’all had any better suggestions? Cost isn’t a...
  9. CoolHomey501

McIntosh for TV Shows

Hey Guys, Happy new year! I’ve got two MC601’s and two XRT1K floor standing loud speakers and I normally use this fine equipment to listen to some great jams (Crossroads 2007 music festival is my favorite), but I just recently have been rocking this equipment as I watch certain TV series'. Last...
  10. CoolHomey501

It’s official- New MC1.25KW

I was talking about being just for my center channel. Come on guys, I know what I'm talking about. I'm a McIntosh pro! :music::rockon:
  11. CoolHomey501

It’s official- New MC1.25KW

Hey guys! I've been jammin on my McIntosh systems lately and just heard about the new MC1.25KW mono and had to drop in. I want to get one and want the low-down on how to snag one. I know the guy at a local shop here -- what do you guys think I should offer him? I am a pro negotiator (it's how I...
  12. CoolHomey501

New Digital Pre-Amp Question

Thanks damacman and leftside. My gear is at my dad's house and he told me that he would buy the digital pre-amp on my behalf. I think I will go wit the D1100 but I could only find preliminary pricing info online -- does $11k sound about right for the D1100?
  13. CoolHomey501

New Digital Pre-Amp Question

Hey Guys, Happy new year. Its been a while since I've posted. I've got some good news and some bad news. The bad news is my wife has gone completely mental and going to be taking half of my assets, but the good news is that I had the foresight to hide all of my McIntosh equipment from her so...
  14. CoolHomey501

Pre Amp Suggesstions

Hey guys, I've got 501's and XR100's (attached pics) and I've got this old C-41 pre-amp that I think is under-utilizing the killer potential of the 501's. Look, I love McIntosh so it hurts me to say some of their older equipment isn't up to snuff for me even if the older stuff still is great...
  15. CoolHomey501

NEW OWNERS of McIntosh

Reading comprehension? I said the CEO has to answer to the Board of Directors on material matters. Not day to day business decisions. The Board elects and appoints the CEO. These companies are owned by shareholders, not the CEO (they generally own a very small position in the company). It's why...
  16. CoolHomey501

NEW OWNERS of McIntosh

The CEO has the Board of Directors to answer to, so it's not just his/her call and that's final with material decisions. You should know that, particularly with a Dow 30 company that likely has strong corporate governance practices in place. These private equity guys are like house flippers...
  17. CoolHomey501

New McIntosh Pre-Amp

I am actually from Colorado -- there have been some oil companies up here the last few years. It's something called the Niobrara formation that I had some land on. Pretty lucky but I'll take it. I've always liked the McIntosh equipment, but it's made it a lot easier to buy :deal: Thank you all...
  18. CoolHomey501

New McIntosh Pre-Amp

Hey Ron, I have a MR-85 tuner, MCD 301 CD player, and an older XBR Sony TV. I also have some terrific new XR 100's. Thanks for all of your help.
  19. CoolHomey501

New McIntosh Pre-Amp

Hey Guys, I have a C-41 pre amp and I had some friends over last week (they are all audio guys). They like McIntosh audio equipment, but they didn't seem crazy for my C-41 pre amp mainly because they weren't familiar with it. I looked online and it doesn't seem like there is a lot about it. I...
  20. CoolHomey501

McIntosh Quality

Hey Guys, I attended a marathon a family member was in the other day. They had this big set up at the finish line, blasting this pop music over these terrible speakers. This distortion from the amplifier and speakers was just terrible and nearly made my ears bleed – it made me realize just...
  21. CoolHomey501

Will McIntosh make a new Sub-Woofer?

Funny you should mention this, Mark. I had a party two weeks ago to show off my McIntosh audio equipment, and one guy said to me that I needed a sub-woofer to get some deeper tones. My problem is I only want McIntosh equipment and I've had a difficult time finding a McIntosh subwoofer on the...
  22. CoolHomey501

McIntosh on CBS this morning Show

Oh yeah! That was my favorite part. I've been in that room a few times before. As far as I'm concerned, it's the greatest place in the world.
  23. CoolHomey501

Best Amplifier?

Thanks for the suggestions. After careful consideration, I love the 501's so much I think I'm just going to get two more of them and continue to use the XR 100s, but I'm going to hit the market for a new pre-amp to upgrade my old C-41. Any top of the line selections for a new pre-amp to go with...
  24. CoolHomey501

Best Amplifier?

Solid State! I am using some McIntosh XR100's as speakers. My sound goal is transparency. Thanks for your help
  25. CoolHomey501

Best Amplifier?

Hey Guys, I'd like to know what you guys think is the BEST amplifier that someone can buy. I'm pretty rich, so cost is no big deal b/c I can buy anything. I've got some McIntosh 501s, but I want to know if I can do better. Please let me know.
Back
Top Bottom