Search results

1. tommarantz

Vinyl only spin list

TV On the Radio Dear Science 2008
  2. tommarantz

Vinyl only spin list

I haven't posted in ages. J Mascis on purple, marbled vinyl. Nice album. J Mascis Several Shades of Why 2011 Sub Pop
  3. tommarantz

Today's SOUL Playlist

I've been listening to that one a lot lately... Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  4. tommarantz

Vinyl only spin list

Stax/Volt 1967. This is such a nice, clean copy. Otis Redding The History of Otis Redding 1967 Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  5. tommarantz

Vinyl only spin list

No problem! May all the Patti Smith records be Texas-bound! ;) Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  6. tommarantz

Vinyl only spin list

Hi asterion, Most definitely 'Horses', which was her debut... a brilliant and lush album and one of my favorites of the 70s. 'Easter' is good spinning too. Possibly more commercial, as it has her only (to my knowledge) radio-played tune 'Because the Night', but conversely also features the...
  7. tommarantz

Vinyl only spin list

Patti Smith Group Radio Ethiopia 1976
  8. tommarantz

Vinyl only spin list

Next up, Roberta Flack's 'First Take'. Canned Heat Boogie with Canned Heat 1968
  9. tommarantz

Today's SOUL Playlist

He didn't get enough recognition in my opinion... 'I Believe In You' is one of the very best cuts of the Stax era I think. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  10. tommarantz

Today's SOUL Playlist

Just a fantastic album. Amazing reproduction of deep funk and soul sounds. Tight band. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  11. tommarantz

Vinyl only spin list

I've really been cranking that one lately... Sweet soul music... Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  12. tommarantz

Vinyl only spin list

This Mortal Coil Filigree & Shadow 1986
  13. tommarantz

Vinyl only spin list

Wow... nice. :thmbsp:
  14. tommarantz

Vinyl only spin list

That is just an all-around terrific album, even if it was their most commercial... Funky and punk and neat stereo tricks. Bush of Ghosts is also really neat, found a great copy for $1.00 last year. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  15. tommarantz

Vinyl only spin list

They really do sound great. My copy of Speaking In Tongues is one of the first albums I go to if I change something in my setup.
  16. tommarantz

Vinyl only spin list

I really love that album and would love to find myself a copy. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  17. tommarantz

Today's SOUL Playlist

Indeed I have. Fantastic series without a bad cut. I really like 'The Prix Label' in particular. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  18. tommarantz

Vinyl only spin list

F#*ked Up David Comes to Life 2011
  19. tommarantz

cool little vintage find (sharing)

I just gave a M91ED away with a Technics table to a close friend and totally regret it now. That cart pumps out better sounding horns then any other I've run across... Anyway, good score!
  20. tommarantz

Vinyl only spin list

This record is killer. Mostly covers, with a medley of Neil Young's 'Ohio' and 'Machine Gun' from Band of Gypsies. My wife loves this record. The Isley Brothers Givin' It Back 1971
  21. tommarantz

Vinyl only spin list

Funky. Love that album. Is that an original or the Light In the Attic reissue? Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  22. tommarantz

Vinyl only spin list

Very good album. That Pioneer (?) table you have looks nearly identical to my CEC/Chuo Denki... is it made by CEC/Chuo Denki?
  23. tommarantz

Vinyl only spin list

Yep, I finally bit the bullet and ordered the M97xe kit. It showed up in the mail while I was away on vacation, so that was a nice surprise to come home to. The Ortofon OM-5E cart I had paired with that CEC on the right hand side sounded good, but I'm partial to Shure, and recently gave away my...
  24. tommarantz

does my CACTUS look big in this??

Great cactus and amazing rig. I bet he loves the tunes. :yes:
  25. tommarantz

Vinyl only spin list

Robin Trower Bridge of Sighs 1974
Back
Top Bottom