Search results

1. Livin4

Sound fading on Harman 75+ problems.

I moved on to the tuner section, and found the air capacitor was damaged. I was unable to align it properly, so I buttoned it up and set it off to the side while trying to locate another tuner. I figured I would look into it more when I did the tuner. Then life happened, and and other projects...
  2. Livin4

DBX BX3 Display Panel Removal help

There are 3 screws along the top and bottom edges,
  3. Livin4

DBX BX3 Display Panel Removal help

I have one open, I will take a look when I get home.
  4. Livin4

Dead B-2102

I have 2 of these, and a C-2102, love the sound.
  5. Livin4

Transistor Leads That Turned Black

It's called oxidation. When aluminum oxidizes, it is white, steel is red. I have seen Nickel and Tin (depending on the purity) oxidize black. At times I have used a swab with D5 on it, not really practical with the cost of D5, but it does work. Personally, I would not use ANY kind of acid. I...
  6. Livin4

Just felt like sharing my happiness with my DBX

I don't have the specs at work, but here are some differences that I remember off the top of my head.. The BX3 has 4 separate amplifier boards, 1 for each channel. The BX3 MKii has 2 boards with 2 electrically separate amplifiers on each.. I believe these are rated at 4 channel @ 125W per into...
  7. Livin4

Sansui BA-3000 Restoration

:lurk:
  8. Livin4

Amplifier testing: adapters and cables

I have a similar collection, although not nearly as many adapters. I can fit all of mine in 3 drawers in my parts cabinet. Spare leads end up hanging with the other cables.
  9. Livin4

Basic amplifier testing: dummy loads

Yeah, I think I had the same boss, couldn't understand the need for good test equip. I did the Sencore loaner as well, had it for a couple of months. Also had the SG80. I was in the process of boxing them up to send back and he (my boss) decided that the gain in my productivity was enough to...
  10. Livin4

Outlet Low Voltage ?

I had issues at home where the individual (this is the nicest word I can use for them) that installed the outlets really should not be working with electricity. They used the push in connections on some outlets, and both the screw and push in on others. On the one that prompted me to inspect all...
  11. Livin4

Old School Clarion Rack Car System - 1980's

That's what I get for not looking at dates :( But it might help someone else.
  12. Livin4

Old School Clarion Rack Car System - 1980's

I haven't worked on that system, or for that mater any car cassette player in a long time, but I seem to remember that some of the mechanisms "monitor" the rotation on the supply/take-up to determine if it is at the end of the tape. I would check the belt(s) as that was the most common failure.
  13. Livin4

Does anyone know what this is?

SM6T36CA Data sheet on Mouser https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/389/sm6ty-955221.pdf Look on page 9 of the datasheet for the marking MV, shows it is a SM6T36CA
  14. Livin4

New vendor I'm trying

I've used them a few times and always had good results. On a couple of the parts, their price was a little higher than Mouser, but as I was already ordering, it was acceptable.
  15. Livin4

widdle baby Kenwood

I have used copper tape with good results like this. https://www.mpja.com/Copper-Foil-Tape-05mm-X-5mm-X-30m/productinfo/34181+MI
  16. Livin4

Looking for assistance on buying a “nice” multimeter

I have several digital and analog meters. I have both a Fluke 189, and a 77 iii. I picked them up new back in 2006, pricey as heck, but worth it. I also have a Radio Shack 22-185 that I bought way back in 80 I think, I know I used it when I was in collage. I also have a couple of harbor freight...
  17. Livin4

Ruined finish

Alcohol will dissolve Shellac, so it could be a Shellac clear coat.
  18. Livin4

Replacement parts for these?

I might be missing something, but I don't see anything on the schematic that shows that is a selenium rectifier. Looks like a unusually packaged full wave bridge rectifier. Does the part list give a part number for it?
  19. Livin4

can I tone this pilot light down a notch?

Inline on one leg.
  20. Livin4

QRX Restore....anyone used them before?

Sorry to hear about Jim, he was very helpful when I restored my 9001, offered welcome tips and advise. He will be sorely missed.
  21. Livin4

color coded resistors

Learned that in High school, along with " Bad Booze Rots Our Young Guts But Vodka Goes Well"
  22. Livin4

Dummy moment, What are these terminals called?

That type of screw connection is still used extensively in industrial applications.
  23. Livin4

What components do you keep in inventory?

Sounds about like my "inventory", toss in several types of switches (rotary and toggle), various connectors (Mostly CPC), various lamps, and far to many Led's and you're getting close.
  24. Livin4

Direct lettering on panels with a K&E Leroy guide

Used those quite a bit back when I worked at Sperry.
  25. Livin4

Props to Digikey

Had similar experience with Mouser. Sent me 1 extra of 1 cap, and 1 short of another. Called them up and they sent out the missing one and told me to keep the extra.
Back
Top Bottom