Search results

1. RuSsMaN

Vintage Pioneer w/ dome mid & tweet?

Haven't seen these talked about before. Not a fan of Pioneer speakers in the least, short of the HPM1500's I had in house a couple years back. Good, bad, indifferent? Model 'Prologue 8' (up on a auction site - no affil, saw them while browsing) Cheers, Russ
  2. RuSsMaN

Pioneer HPM-200's

Saw a pair out on that big auction site this morning (no affilliation). Not a model I have seen before. I really enjoyed my 150's while I had them, obviously these appear to be (much) older. Any other older Pioneers with soft domes? Cheers, Russ
  3. RuSsMaN

Odd Yamaha Amp - What exactly is it?

Says 'UC-1' Stereo Basic Amp Controller on the front, 'NS Series B-1' on the rear? 300w on the meters, FIVE pairs of speaker hookups on the rear. Haven't had a chance to clean it up yet, but it works, and is ALMOST too heavy to pick up and carry very far. Is this a combo of a couple...
  4. RuSsMaN

Who Has What??? All Cable Swap Participants Pls Read

Post here if you are CURRENTLY demoing anything from the program. I just need to update the list of who has what, and where it's headed. I've got more demo peices to be added over the next couple of weeks, so stay tuned, and sign up for demos. Cheers, Russ
  5. RuSsMaN

Yamaha NS-1000M

Ok, checking these out, getting them ready for sale. The Beryllium dome mids and tweets are fine - but the grille over one mid has a couple small dents. Any easy fix? I've thought about 'hooking' it on 3 or 4 sides, and pulling with equal pressure thinking it will pop out - but man, I'd...
  6. RuSsMaN

New addition - Paradigm 11se

Struck a deal with a local forum member, and ended up with these sorta rare birds. Enter the Paradigm Model 11se. Sold from 1987-1989, with a retail of just under $900 for the pair, factory stands optional. Oh Canada. I've been singing it for almost 2 weeks now. I can't believe they...
  7. RuSsMaN

Leak Stereo 20, Modded

Here's another one you don't see everyday, a Leak Stereo 20. Neat little British amp, brought up to todays standards. Sounds amazing. Push pull 6BQ5 / EL84 (Mullard ProComm), 10wpc. 5AR4 rectifier, and 12AX7 (Telefunken) on the front end. Upgraded with Sonicaps in the signal path...
  8. RuSsMaN

Dynaco ST70 back from the dead....

Push pull EL34 (Electroharmonix) with original Dynaco labled Mullard 7199's on the front end. Original Dyna labled GZ34 also. Completely recapped, went with Sonicaps on the front end board, but installed on the bottom side, for a cleaner look. Cardas inputs and binding posts added, along...
  9. RuSsMaN

Ok, I'm back - lets do this.

Sorry for the extended leave, funny how life gets busy every now and then. I've met a new lady, and she and her 7yr old son have moved in. I broke 2 ribs jumping on a trampoline, got a SEVERE case of the green apple splatters, battled a 2nd degree sunburn, and I'm ALMOST over 'pink eye' as I...
  10. RuSsMaN

Ez as Pie speakers

Another new speaker at Rancho de Audio. A DIY modified (larger) version of the Pi Studio One. These speakers combine the Eminence Alpha 8 woofer with the Vifa DX25 tweeter. Dimensions are 38"H, 11.25"W, 12.5"D. The first order crossover includes an Alpha Core copper foil inductor and a...
  11. RuSsMaN

Car Shopping, Cool or Not Cool?

I'm keeping the truck, always good to have a spare vehicle - plus I still plan to 'jack' with it a bit for autocross. I need something with more than 2 doors. A trunk is an added bonus too. Yes, to have more than ONE person in the vehicle with me, and to maybe be able to haul gear in bad...
  12. RuSsMaN

Black Sand Cable - Black Max MKIII Power Cord Review/Info

Black Sand Black Max MK III Power Cord *PLEASE POST ONLY REVIEWS FOR THIS PARTICULAR CABLE IN THIS THREAD* www.blacksandcable.com $119 4-6 ft We are a group of individuals who are tired of the outrageous mark-up most audio companies put on their products. The current industry leader...
  13. RuSsMaN

Black Sand Arctic Blue MK II Power Cord Review/Info

Black Sand Cable Arctic Blue MK II Power Cord Review/Info Black Sand Cable Arctic Blue MK II Power Cord *PLEASE POST ONLY REVIEWS FOR THIS PARTICULAR CABLE IN THIS THREAD* www.blacksandcable.com $149 4-6 ft Terminated with Ultra High quality 15A Hospital Grade Male Plug and Hospital...
  14. RuSsMaN

MIT - Terminator 5 Analog IC Review/Info

***under construction***
  15. RuSsMaN

Audioquest - Type 2 Speaker Cable Review/Info

Reviews for the Audioquest - Type 2 Speaker Cables
  16. RuSsMaN

PS Audio - Power Punch Power Cord Review/Info

***under construction***
  17. RuSsMaN

Zebra Cables - ZC-SP10SD Speaker Cable Review/Info

***under construction***
  18. RuSsMaN

Zebra Cables - Analog IC Review/Info

Zebra Cables Analog IC www.zebracables.com *PLEASE POST ONLY REVIEWS FOR THIS PARTICULAR CABLE IN THIS THREAD* Starting Price: $40.00 for a 2 foot pair - $4.00 each additional foot. Using Beldens 1694 coaxial wire construction the cables are hand terminated with Vampire Wires...
  19. RuSsMaN

Zebra Cables - ZC-PR12 Power Cord Review/Info

Zebra Cables ZC-PR12 Power Cord www.zebracables.com *PLEASE POST ONLY REVIEWS FOR THIS PARTICULAR CABLE IN THIS THREAD* Starting Price: $64.00 for 3 Feet with Marinco terminantions, $5.25 each additional foot. The Zebra Cables ZC-PWR12 Power Cord is a 12 AWG, 100% Teflon insulated...
  20. RuSsMaN

Cable Swap Program is ACTIVE

See this thread to sign up / for rules of engagement -> http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=61150 Cables will begin shipping this week. Individual product info / review threads will become active shortly. As always, check in for new offerings, as several other items are in the...
  21. RuSsMaN

Audiokarma Cable Swap Program

***SIGN UP NOW*** This program was created to allow members the opportunity to demo cables in their own environment, under their own conditions. We're not selling these cables, and have no direct affiliation with any of these companies, although a couple are active sponsors of Audiokarma. The...
  22. RuSsMaN

Superbowl XL Sound - kickin' it old school.

Going full on MONO this year. Bogen DB130 Tube integrated Electrovoice 'The Aristocrat' Corner Horn w/ TRX-12b Coax driver Lamp cord This one is for Granddad. Cheers, Russ
  23. RuSsMaN

Let's call this room 'Mid-Fi Nirvana'

Ok, this time I'm REALLY nearing completion of the 'cave' rig. I'll do the megabuck system in the large room at the back of the house, so I deeml this room 'Mid-Fi Nirvana.' 10x12 room, 10ft ceiling. Room treatments to follow (hardcore). Isolation also, ala Bright Star. I'm going to take...
  24. RuSsMaN

Legacy Classic / KT88 Triode rig nearing completion...

Gear: Legacy Classic Loudspeakers Lovan Classic Rack Melos SHA-1 Tube Linestage / Headamp Audio Systems Engineering Tube Monoblocks AMC CD8b Transport Assemblage DAC-1 D/A MIT Terminator 4 RCA MIT Terminator 3 Speaker Tributaries Silver Digital Signal Cable MagicPower Signal Cable...
  25. RuSsMaN

Line Array / SET rig nearing completion

Gear: Fred Arrays Signet SP200 Sub Audio Research SP-6 Preamp (mod) Audio Research DAC-1 D/A Converter Radii Audio MMS211 SET Mono Amplifiers (mod) AMC CD8b Sansui TU-417 Tuna (mod) Polk Audio XRt-12 XM Tuna Furman Rack Rider RR-15NL Power Strip Elemental RCA Tributaries Digital Coax...
Back
Top Bottom