Search results

1. Muzzerfuzzer

Winter New England FrankenFest Saturday March 10, 2018 Sutton MA

Awww man...it's tomorrow?...I know a dummy who don't come here often enough lately..... I know 1Jim...but I was in a coma after the election...I think.
  2. Muzzerfuzzer

Vintage surround system

Fred the link doesn't work for me. I just t a bought a System 3000 at a local pawnshop. The manager had no idea how to hook it up to test it. It does power on though. Would you still have a copy of the manual you could share? Joe
  3. Muzzerfuzzer

PC as source component

I'm using all vintage analog for listening and other newer things for watching. I'm currently working on a combo build Plex server for both. Mainly I'm concentrating on the 2 channel stereo since I listen more than I watch. But both audio cards are rated really well. I've also got a decent Video...
  4. Muzzerfuzzer

PC as source component

I use PotPlayer. It will play FLAC and about any music file out there and it's free. It has ample controls too. :)
  5. Muzzerfuzzer

Klipschorn and Mitsubishi twins. Deal or not to deal?

Ooops...I did it again !... Sticky...if you please?
  6. Muzzerfuzzer

Hello World!

Welcome to AK. Let the air outa your shoes...relax. :)
  7. Muzzerfuzzer

Klipschorn and Mitsubishi twins. Deal or not to deal?

I have a shot at a pair of Klipschorns and a pair of Mitsubishi DA10DCs for $4K. Good price, or no? Both sets are sitting in a livingroom and are in excellent condition.
  8. Muzzerfuzzer

Sansui 5000x vs. Marantz 2270

Ok...I have both, and I'm quite happy with them. Incidentally, I have 3 5000As. One is NOS, one just made the cut for having the right finals, and the other needs a skippy. If you'd like to have a project, I'll give you that one if you pay the shipping and send the packaging. :)
  9. Muzzerfuzzer

PC as source component

I've just started using my laptop to play downloaded music from various sources. Am I missing something by running the sound card out into an Aux channel on my receiver? This sounds pretty good to me.
  10. Muzzerfuzzer

Correct speaker hook up with a vintage receiver

Thanks for all the replies. I ordered a set from our friendly used parts flea market site. Kudos to you dc270! Thank you sir. Joe
  11. Muzzerfuzzer

Blue, find a photo of the back of one. You'll see it immediately.
  12. Muzzerfuzzer

I just got my hands on an SX-727. I was very pleased to get it at the price I paid ( $75 ) but when I got it home and took a peek at the speaker connections I freaked. Help me out brothers !
  13. Muzzerfuzzer

ar-2 grill cover removal ?

I thought about doing that too Ken, but gosh, I didn't want to take away anything from what they were originally. I was lucky to find a pair of usable mid/tweets in an orphan that a local guy had for cheap. They are both original, functional AR2s now, and Oh Oh Oh MMMMMMMMM. I hooked them to a...
  14. Muzzerfuzzer

ar-2 grill cover removal ?

I started my AR2s today. I found this thread to be quite helpful. Finding the staples wasn't easy since they match the grill cloth rather well in color and their thickness is close to that of the grill cloth threads. I pulled them all with a quick yank with pair of small Crescent rounded long...
  15. Muzzerfuzzer

Snell A/iii questions

HOLY CONE MASS BATMAN ! I just saw this. http://www.snell.no/forum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=1309.0 @GordonW I sure hope the cones are reusable. So that's why the rounded rectangles of resin are there? Whoda thunk it !
  16. Muzzerfuzzer

Who would have ever thought

@just dave You have a nice rack!....system.... I bet. :)
  17. Muzzerfuzzer

I'm she sick n can't go :(
  18. Muzzerfuzzer

Heck fire ! I came here by accident lookin for a commie rifle ! Look what you guys did ta me ! :( Now I can't afford to buy a 22 :(
  19. Muzzerfuzzer

Sansui's little practical joke?

LOL... ok I have one too :( Actually 3, all 5000a.
  20. Muzzerfuzzer

Sansui's little practical joke?

Pfft, the brothers from Nippon know that Sansui guys do a lot of trading. :D
  21. Muzzerfuzzer

76 Vinyl Recordings With A Cabinet

I found this on a Gun Forum that I'm a member of. I'm working on something else atm, so maybe I can at least help a guy out. https://www.carolinafirearmsforum.com/index.php?threads/wts-76-more-vinyl-records-a-cabinet-to-put-them-in.12944/#post-226073
  22. Muzzerfuzzer

Snell A/iii questions

I took the other woofer out. I'm leaving it intact. It's rubbing too, not quite as bad, but I suppose any rubbing isn't good ...LOL. It'll be coming with the left channel driver. Could you please PM some sort of ballpark number so I can budget these repairs? Thanks, Joe
  23. Muzzerfuzzer

Snell A/iii questions

@GordonW Here's some photos ^
  24. Muzzerfuzzer

Snell A/iii questions

This shows how bad the spool was deformed. Is that a cooling gap, or a factory defect, or the result of excess heat? @Audio Fan to include .
  25. Muzzerfuzzer

Snell A/iii questions

Back
Top Bottom