Search results

1. Dudeman7

Jamo Speakers

A friend of mine has a pair of Jamo Concert 8s. They sound very, very good. I would buy a pair in a second if I came across a good deal on them locally.
  2. Dudeman7

CD laser lens tweak (black marker?)

This is interesting to me. Do you recall if it was a specific type of marker? Would any black marker do? Also, I would think that the size of the clear part of the lens in the center would be significant to get right.
  3. Dudeman7

Dual 1019..all quiet

That's great! Dual 1019 is still my favorite turntable I've owned and I use it daily. Once restored, these things just run and sound great doing it. Congrats on the successful save!
  4. Dudeman7

Headphone advice

Audio-Technica ATH-M50X. They are around $150-$160 new. They have healthy bass response that gives you the impression that you can feel it in your whole body. Very detailed and clear, too. I use them in my home studio for tracking bass and drums and they never disappoint. The tracks I record...
  5. Dudeman7

tried HT speakers on my HiFi...somewhat surprised.

Those KLH brand revive speakers are terrific. I didn't have quite enough space for the Kendalls so I bought the KLH Quincy instead. (The Quincys are slightly smaller than the Kendalls and only have one woofer. They reportedly sound very similar to the Kendall. In fact, some reviews said they...
  6. Dudeman7

Dynaco A-25 New Replacement Woofer

Bottom vent. They are also not a mirror image pair. I just spoke with the owner this weekend and he said he thinks the sound is opening up a bit with use. He is very happy with the way they sound. Very warm, rich and non-fatiguing, just like Dynaco A-25s should be. I have a single, orphan A-25...
  7. Dudeman7

Why no love for Dual 1209?

There is a 1209 sitting on a shelf in my basement, waiting to be gone through and fixed up. More likely than not, I will send it to the guy who specializes in fixing these old Duals. I'm excited to hear and see it in action and to compare it to my 1019.
  8. Dudeman7

DIY Cork platter mat

Very cool! Thanks for sharing your process here. I made a cork mat a few years ago but it wasn't a two layer one and I didn't think to make a cutout for record labels. Might have to give it another shot using your method.
  9. Dudeman7

What vintage speakers are you using with your Marantz receiver?

Marantz Imperial 5-Gs being powered by a Marantz 2240. Terrific pairing that gets a lot of things right. 2215b powering a pair of Klipsch KG-2.5s with Crites Ti tweeter diaphragms and a powered Klipsch subwoofer. The sub helps a ton as the low powered Marantz isn't using all of its headroom to...
  10. Dudeman7

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

Marantz 2275 and 2215b
  11. Dudeman7

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

Newly acquired 2240 and a pair of Marantz Imperial 5-Gs. The 2240 had the original box, styrofoam packing material, manual and the plastic faceplate protector. Happy to have this one in my collection!
  12. Dudeman7

Orphan speaker thread

I have an orphan Dynaco A-25. It has proven quite difficult to find a mate for it which surprised me considering how many were made. The only singles I seem to find are in awful shape, way too expensive or both.
  13. Dudeman7

Dynaco A-25 New Replacement Woofer

I recently replaced the badly damaged original woofers and tweeters in a friend's A-25s with those GRS speakers from partsexpress. When I fired them up I thought "Yup, those sound like Dynaco A-25s". The screw holes are different but it was a relatively straightforward swap. Better this way I...
  14. Dudeman7

Incoming Dual 1019

Congratulations on the 1019!
  15. Dudeman7

What are your favorite full range speakers with vintage solid state power???

Marantz 2215b with Marantz Imperial 5-Gs. Sounds pretty darn good to me! Plenty loud and detailed enough do justice to the rock music I listen to most.
  16. Dudeman7

Marantz 6300, want one how?

Currently I'm using a Project/One labeled, CEC-built turntable in my secondary system. It is quite similar to the Marantz and I'm pretty sure it has the same tonearm. This one cost me $65.00. I'm perfectly happy keeping this one, as well as my $1,200.00. Those Marantz decks are beautiful for...
  17. Dudeman7

Marantz 6300, want one how?

I went and checked one out locally a few days ago. It's in pretty rough shape. Missing a fair amount of finish on the wood along the front and top and it has a P-mount cart in a 1/2" adapter which would have to go. The guy was nice enough but he wouldn't budge from his $1,200.00 asking price. I...
  18. Dudeman7

Marantz Imperial 6 are GREAT Speakers!

This is before the badges arrived. I am super impressed with the Imperial 5 and I know from listening to a friend's Imperial 6s that they are pretty similar sounding. The non-fatiguing nature of these speakers is marvelous and the realism is better than it has any right to be. There are...
  19. Dudeman7

Marantz Imperial 6 are GREAT Speakers!

Bumping this one again. I came across a pair of Marantz Imperial 5-Gs a couple weeks ago. Ended up getting them in a trade. Cabinets looked good and all drivers work well. I had to replace the grill cloth and badges but that was pretty easy. I've been listening to them on my secondary setup and...
  20. Dudeman7

Cerwin Vega AT12'S - bring them back from the brink.

That's awesome! I know Cerwin-Vegas have a reputation for being party speakers but the ones in my main system at home do a lot of things surprisingly well. I play a fair amount of classical, acoustic blues and jazz on my VS-120s and I really don't feel like I'm missing out by not having...
  21. Dudeman7

Cerwin Vega AT12'S - bring them back from the brink.

Nicely done! Good for you keeping them out of the landfill. Someone out there is sure to want them to rock their house!
  22. Dudeman7

stupid me got a Relistic LAB-300 turn table

The LAB-300 was the first turntable I ever owned. Been through a number of other ones since. In hindsight, I probably could have stayed with the LAB-300 and been perfectly happy. My old one lives with my dad now and gets played daily. Still working perfectly and sounding good, too. I hope you...
  23. Dudeman7

Your favorite "little" receiver ever?

Marantz 2215b for me, too. I have had one for many years and I just picked up a second one last week. There's something special going on with these little guys that the bigger bros in the family seem to be missing. I find myself listening to the 2215b over my restored 2275 quite often...
  24. Dudeman7

The Fantastic Polk Audio T15's

I moved my T-15s out of my home theater setup in favor of KLH dipoles. The KLHs are a better fit for my space and personal preferences. The T-15s are on loan to a buddy along with a vintage Akai receiver and an old, Project/One belt drive turntable. That very inexpensive setup sounds very good...
Back
Top Bottom