Search results

1. Dudeman7

Snell k.5 Monitors

Does anyone remember the Snell k.5 Monitor? There isn't a ton of information about them but what I have found seems largely positive. The size/form would be perfect for a project I'm working on but the sensitivity has me a little concerned. Would 15 wpc be enough power for them to be used as...
  2. Dudeman7

Stupid DAC Question

Looking for a DAC to use with the digital output of an Integra CD player. From the DAC, I want to feed two separate amplifiers. I know that I can use splitters on the analog outputs but I would like to avoid that if possible. My stupid question is this: Is anyone aware of a standalone DAC...
  3. Dudeman7

New 2275!

There is a gear collector local to me that has begun downsizing. Part of that process involved him selling me a super clean Marantz 2275. It has the wood case, all of the bulbs work and so far, everything checks out well. Not sure if I'm going to do a recap/restoration on it yet since it is in...
  4. Dudeman7

LP Gear Vivid Line

So, I've been going through all of the threads about the replacement stylii that LP Gear/LP Tunes are marketing as high-end, aftermarket options for some vintage carts I have lying around. One is a Pickering XV-15 and the other one is an Audio-Technica AT777. The A-T came with a Shiabata...
  5. Dudeman7

Sennheiser HD599

Recently, I picked up a set of Sennheiser HD599s for a steal and figured I'd give them a shot. Just for context, I don't own what many people would consider high-end headphones or gear. The majority of my listening is CDs and vinyl played through Marantz 2215b and 2245 receivers. I own several...
  6. Dudeman7

Tower Recommendations?

Looking for a pair of tower speakers for my 5.2 HT system. They will have to be towers due to space issues and they will be replacing HTIB Denon bookshelf speakers on stands. The Denons sound OK but they don't quite cut in in the room. Pretty much anything will be an improvement over those but...
  7. Dudeman7

Project/One DR-IIa

Bought one of these yesterday. It has a new belt and an old school Ortofon cart. (Cart is gold. Not sure of model.) I can't pick it up for a few days so I don't have any pics yet. It appears to be a late 1970's CEC-made table. It looks a lot like the Realistic Lab-300 I gave to my Dad years ago...
  8. Dudeman7

Sansui 5000a vs Kenwood KR-6200

Which would you choose and why? I have Marantz 2245 already. The other two are available semi-locally. Would the Kenwood or Sansui be a step up, down or sideways? Neither the Kenwood or Sansui have been recapped but the 5000a does have the safety updates already.
  9. Dudeman7

Thoughts on Old, A-T Carts?

Was going through some of my random things drawer today and found an Audio-Technica AT78E cartridge and an Audio-Technica AT777 cartridge with a Shibata stylus. I searched but didn't come up with much. Any thoughts on these? Any ideas of age or specs? I ordered a couple more cartridge sleds...
  10. Dudeman7

Crites TI's for KG 2.5s?

Pretty straightforward. I have had the KG 2.5s for a few years. Picked them up in a trade but I understand that they are not particularly expensive or desirable. However, they sound really good to me on my humble system. They are paired with a Klipsch SW-10ii sub so they aren't overly...
  11. Dudeman7

Dual 1019 vs. Dual 1229

I currently have a Dual 1019 that is in perfect working shape and sounds fantastic. Recently, I came across a Dual 1229 that needs a little work and I can buy it as-is for $30.00. It has the base and head-shell/cartridge sled but no dust cover or cartridge. I have resurrected six Dual idler...
  12. Dudeman7

Sony TC-W550 Worth Keeping?

I recently was given a Sony TC-W550. Both wells work but there is a fair amount of distortion on both channels. I would likely start with a basic clean and lube but I don't know if this deck is even worth the time and materials. I'm new to the cassette format and the only reason I am...
  13. Dudeman7

Dual 1019 Arm Lift

I have a 1019 and I have a problem with the arm lift not raising the arm fully off the record. It looks like the arm is engaging, it just doesn't move quite far enough. Is this a common problem with the 1019? Is it an easy fix? Thanks in advance.
  14. Dudeman7

33 1/3 Revs. 'Round the Sun

Maybe the nerdiest thing I've ever done, but I'm having an all-vinyl weekend to celebrate being 33 1/3 years old. :music: Has anyone else observed their 33 1/3 this way?
  15. Dudeman7

Realistic LAB-300

I have a Realistic LAB-300 turntable that was the first TT I ever owned. Actually, I've only had it for a couple months since I am just getting into spinning vinyl. :D Anyway, I would like to know more about this TT and I have been unable to find much info on the web. Vinyl Engine doesn't...
  16. Dudeman7

Dude From Michigan

Hello everyone! Classy place you have here. :smoke: I messed up the order of operations here, but I wanted to introduce myself properly. I'm a relative newbie when it comes to home audio/hi-fi/vintage electronics, but I know enough to know what I like. So far, that is Marantz receivers...
  17. Dudeman7

Shure SRH-240a!

Yesterday, I picked up a pair of Shure SRH-240a 'phones. I was looking for something relatively cheap that weren't horribly uncomfortable, and also sounded good. So far, I'm quite pleased with them for the $60.00 they cost. In the past I have owned $20.00, Audio-Technica and $50.00, Roland...
  18. Dudeman7

Pioneer PL-55DX Speed Issues

Hi everyone. I just picked up a Pioneer PL-55DX from my local record store for $25.00. It had a known issue in which the platter spins very, very fast. The 33/45 switches and the 33/45 speed adjustment controls don't do anything. The platter just spins, probably over 100 RPMs. So, I did a...
  19. Dudeman7

Marantz Receiver Questions

Hey everybody! This is my first post here, and I'm a relative newb when it comes to stereo equipment, but I've been a music lover and musician for many years so I do have somewhat of a knowledge base. :D Lately, I have been acquiring some vintage stereo gear and two of the pieces I have are...
Back
Top Bottom