Search results

1. B

Visiting Frankfurt Germany worth looking for a turntable?

Greetings, I will be traveling to Frankfurt Germany and have been trying to research my options on pricing and stores that would sell vintage as well as new tables with no luck. From what I have found it seems that vinyl is more popular in Europe than here. Also, with many good manufacturers...
  2. B

ADC cartridge stylus replacement question

Greetings, I have an ADC cartridge on a DUAL 1009f table I recently picked up. The cartridge has no other markings and is silver. It has a worn out ADC LX-i needle. These seem less common and Im struggling to find a good alternative. Would a ADC QLM 32 MKIII fit most all ADC cartridges...
  3. B

fm stereo out in Kenwood

Greetings, Ive posted another thread on this and now after checking the voltages I think I blew something, ugh... So I deoxed the pots and switches and put in led's. I thought I let the deoxit dry long enough. Maybe the led I put in to replace the fm stereo indicator blew something...
  4. B

fm stereo lamp replacement on KR 2600

Greetings, I did the ole upgrade to led's and deoxit to my 2600 and need to figure out which light to order to replace the fm stereo indicator. I’ve researched and from what I can tell I can use part number B30-0064-15. It’s called a pilot lamp 50Ma 8V. The original had the solid pin leads...
  5. B

Replaced lamps on receiver and now functions not working

Greetings, I replaced the lamps with LEDs in my kenwood 2600 (added a 120ohm resistor to hot wire) and deoxit on the pots and switches. Now only one speaker jack of the four works, the mono stereo switch only works on mono, and the red led stereo light which I also replaced doesn't function...
  6. B

How to on connecting receiver to vintage jensens

Greetings, I want to run my motorola speaker cabinet on a 70's receiver. The cab has one woofer and 3 tweeters from around 1958 best I can tell. I've been reading about replacing the crossover capacitor and what not, but I'm sure this has been done many times and discussed on here in length...
  7. B

Motorola golden voice hs621 phono plug wiring

Greetings, I recapped my motorola console and connected an iphone to it and have really been enjoying it. When I worked on it a few years back I removed the phono plug that connects to the record player. It had a white, black, orange and grey wire. I got the schematic when I was working on...
  8. B

Help me wire in a guitar jack

Greetings, Ive been working on a Newcomb amp and need some input on wiring in a guitar jack, schematic included. Ive read some and experimented, got tons of help from others on this forum, and cant get the volume right. I get sound but at full volume its just really low. The mike input is...
  9. B

newcomb amp doing something weird at high volume

Greetings, Ive replaced all but one of the paper capacitors in my Newcomb 1625M amp Im using for guitar. Ive also added a 1/4 inch guitar jack at the Aux in. For those familiar with this amp it has a mike input running through a 6v6 and a aux in running through a 12ax7. Ive attached the...
  10. B

amp, newcomb 1625m, causing speaker to buzz and break up

Greetings, I have a newcomb 1625M amp that Im using for my guitar as many have on this forum. Thing is that when I increase the volume to past say 5 it causes the speaker to vibrate like its overdriving it. Ive tried several other amp speakers, that work fine with other amps, so I feel like...
  11. B

speaker pairing for newcomb 1625 amp

Greetings, I recently acquired a Newcomb 1625 amp in great condition. Its the portable record player with detachable speaker. I added a 3 prong cord and an additional guitar jack, its main role is going to be a guitar amp. I also picked up a retro Magnavox 1960's tv speaker cabinet. It has...
  12. B

Motorola sounds hollow, where to start

Greetings, I recapped (with Orange Drops) my Motorola golden voice circa 1958 and have an ipod running through the rca input. Thing is that it sounds kind of hollow. Like its playing through a clock radio or something, if that makes sense. Based on the input from others these unit have a...
  13. B

Need some assistance identifying capacitors on newcomb amp

Greetings, I picked up a Newcomb tr1625m record player and Im making some modifications for guitar. Sounds great so far. Heres my issue, the amp has one large paper capacitor and a big paper resistor that Im having trouble reading. Ive posted the schematic. It also has the standard white...
  14. B

Adding a switch or pot to feedback resistor

Greetings, Another rookie question from me. Im close to completing my Motorola HS619 amp updates and wanted to ask about my options concerning the feedback resistor. Im basically wanting a hifi/guitar amp combo. Many folks have suggested removing or increasing the value of the feedback...
  15. B

Motorola amp questions and advice needed

Greetings, I did my first recap last night on my newly aquired motorola HS-619. Replaced the 6 paper caps with orange drops and its pretty good and cleaned up. I should mention that this is my first project with tube amps and learning as I go. Been lurking here for a while and just finally...
Back
Top Bottom