Search results

1. Earlsays

New felt on old Victrola

I changed out the 100+ year old felt lid bumpers to match the new felt on the platter….I sanded a bit to remove the remaining glue and felt. Looks okay, but this highlighte the stain that needs to be redone. old wood stuff - try never ending project. I will probably do more cosmetic...
  2. Earlsays

Looking for an amp, speakers, something decent.

Well, one thing I have noticed, compared to twenty years ago, all this stuff is bringing way more money….people know what they have these days.
  3. Earlsays

I would LOVE some Mcintosh gear - but how in the world do you find those deals? I don’t know rich guys who upgrade
  4. Earlsays

1921 Victrola VV-90

yours is an older fancier model than mine, but ultimately quite similar - mine does t have the label on the back - I have seen that, mine has a solid back with no removable panels, no decals. There might have been a label at some point, my dad refinished it in 1973, and it still wears that...
  5. Earlsays

1921 Victrola VV-90

I inherited this 1921 Victrola VV-90 a couple months ago. My dad bought it at a flea market in 1973. It’s been a part of my life forever. It worked when I got it, but needed some attention. I sent the motor, the platter, the reproducer off to Pensilvania for restoration. Here’s some before...
  6. Earlsays

it makes me incredibly happy that someone knows about Doctor Dirty!
  7. Earlsays

Hey folks, I used to post here a couple lifetimes ago…back then, I was a big fan of late 60s/early 70s Sansui speakers….I still like them - but I wouldn’t want another set….those lattice grills look good, but I think I could do better with something else. I haven’t owned ANY stereo gear since...
  8. Earlsays

I bought a turntable

Hey folks, I finally got around to buying a better than entry lecel turntable. I bought an Audio Technica LP120XUSB - I like it so far - I have it hooked up to so,e Edifier speakers for now. I plan on an integrated amp of some kind, old Samsun or something….nothing is dialed in her, but I’m...
  9. Earlsays

Hey everyone, it's been a while

I don't know how many people still post on here, that may remember me, I was pretty active here from 2006-2010...life happened, moved to TX, built a life, met a lady a few years ago, got married in 2016, and two months after I got married, I found out that I had a severe Hiatal hernia...My...
  10. Earlsays

Kenwood KM-207 needs repair

I have owned this thing for ten years...it had seen very light use by it's original owner, and was part of a complete system from 1988... Over the years, I have used it quite a bit, real happy with it. At this point, it has been narrowed down to the amp, and KC-207 preamp. In 2009, I started...
  11. Earlsays

song mentioning jackson browne

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> It took a while, but it finally came to me...this was the song I was thinking of all those years ago...
  12. Earlsays

KM-207 right channel issues

I also have the matching preamp...I know how to solder...somewhat...tempted to upgrade
  13. Earlsays

KM-207 right channel issues

I have a KM207 power amp hooked to a KC207 preamp, original owner bought it new in 1988, barely used it, and I acquired the setup in 2007, and it has seen almost daily use since then. In 2009 the dual red power LEDs on the face plate quit working, however, the LED power meters still work...
  14. Earlsays

Somebody has to know this...Robin Williams...

I FOUND IT!! Only took eight years since the beginning of this thread, and 20 years since I last saw it...but here it is!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsIh5z7oYyY
  15. Earlsays

an old audiophile friend had spun a last record

I had a friend like that ten years ago...I was in my 20s, he was nearly 70...although it was not audio or music, but cars...he had cancer, he died in 2008. I think about him every day, and I miss him every day.
  16. Earlsays

Does anybody here have a bar in their home?

The Ford Super Duty Bullshh-- Bar is open!!
  17. Earlsays

Who here has a traffic signal?

It has glass lenses
  18. Earlsays

Who here has a traffic signal?

Always wanted one of thee....found a great deal, somebody made a very elaborate sequencer circuit, has a hand drawn schematic inside dated 1995, seems to be pretty well done, however, has very loud relays. This thing is very heavy, the base is extremely solid...the light itself isn't light...
  19. Earlsays

Help me hang this mirror

hahaha Yes, a couple, actually... I like the 2x4 idea...so, if I screw a board into the studs, would I be okay to run some screws into the board, and use the existing mounts on the mirror? If you notice, the existing mounts sit in the corners, which are somewhat reinforced, I really...
  20. Earlsays

Help me hang this mirror

Today, I bought this massive mirror, it's about 60" wide 40" tall 6" deep, and weighs about 75 pounds... Here's the back Here's a close up of the mounts, one on each side, on top... Here's the wall anchors, they are rated to hold 51 pounds Will they hold...
  21. Earlsays

what is this, what should i do with it?

What about this...it would be expensive as hell, but... Super nice, very expensive exotic looking turntable on top Really cool tube amp and preamp behind the glass Two of those tall flat speakers next to it, Herman Miller Eames lounge and ottoman That would be interesting, probably...
  22. Earlsays

I bet there where supposed to be two of them. There are two sets of threaded holes inside, so, it had two shelves at some point. It will get a model rocket inside, and some other NASA related item on top.
  23. Earlsays

It's not upside down - the side on the floor is nasty looking black unfinished with plastic "feet" on all four corners - the top is painted up real nice...I flipped it around the other way and it looks even weirder. It's just very bizarre.
  24. Earlsays

I found this at a consignment furnature store. I have no idea what it is or was originally used for, and I am not sure what I will use it for, but its neat - any insight or ideas? I was thinking a NASA rocket in the glass and a nice turntable on top
Back
Top Bottom