Search results

1. Nitro

Technics SL-V5 speed fluctuates with uneven records

If it's belt drive you might try replacing the belt, oiling the platter bearing, motor bearings
  2. Nitro

What songs do you want played at your funeral?

Alone Again, Naturally
  3. Nitro

HK T-60 resurrection

I got a Harman Kardon T-60 turntable back around 2007 off craigslist with a couple of boxes of records cheap. Since then I moved from Wisconsin back to Florida, and 2 more moves since then. After I got my SX-1250 recapped (ty Mike Greggs), I finally pulled it out of the box and ordered a belt...
  4. Nitro

Record cleaning problem... help, please?

Goo Gone and lighter fluid are the same thing. Dissolves most glues used on sticky labels. Will not hurt some things that alcohol will.
  5. Nitro

Anyone tried the DEFT cartridges from LP Tunes and LP Gear?

Stumbled across the DEFT cartridges at LP Tunes and LP Gear. Anyone have any experience? The DEFT 2 supposedly has a microline stylus for $99 at LP Tunes, higher at LP Gear. I don't work for either site. Thanks
  6. Nitro

What's your poison?

this? not my listing...
  7. Nitro

Finally got one.

Got a PD-F908 off facebook couple days ago. Sounds pretty good. It takes a long time to fill up though.
  8. Nitro

Cerwin Vega 12-TR history, information anything?

found couple more items today
  9. Nitro

More than one has a set. bond has 8 12TRs and some 15s, Thor has some 15s
  10. Nitro

The T has only drivers on the front and bottom. The TR also has a rear firing tweeter. I bought a set new about 1978 while I was in Germany, TR version. They were also supplied with a cerwin Vega db-10 bass booster. You can really get some bass with the db10. I drew out a schematic for the 12...
  11. Nitro

At long last, SX-1250 resurrected

I got my 1250 back about 2005 from a craigslist ad, some guy in North Carolina or somewhere. It was sometimes a little slow coming out of protection. Around 2010, it finally refused to come out of protection. I searched on the web for years for someone to recap and repair it, not wanting to ship...
  12. Nitro

Back to the vintage low watt receivers. They are addictive!

Try one of the small CR Yamahas
  13. Nitro

Repairing CV 12TRs

Wasn't me that had the cones, it was another guy.
  14. Nitro

Did Buddy Rich play drums at your middle school?

I was in 10th grade in 72/73 in Lawton Oklahoma. I don't remember exactly where I saw him, but Buddy played in a small concert there. I was in band at school from 4th grade through a semester of college. Another time, I didn't go, but the band director (who played trumpet) played at some event...
  15. Nitro

Help IDing? I am guessing Cerwin Vega 15T

if there is a 15" woofer on the bottom, yes, if there is also a tweeter on the back, 15TR
  16. Nitro

Sony AX301 Amp??

http://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/sony/ta-ax301.shtml says it's 110 watts per channel
  17. Nitro

Removing labels from record jackets

Googone and lighter fluid are the same thing. With around 1500 records, most having stickers, lighter fluid has worked for me with no cover damage ever. However, if the labels are the lick and stick kind, I have not found anything yet that will remove them without damaging the label. Use tissue...
  18. Nitro

What's the best / easiest way to convert vinyl to digital?

Nero Wave Editor is free and pretty simple to use. I have done the sound card to receiver thing a couple hundred times. There are differences in the quality sound cards produce. Haven't used USB sound card but doubtful about them. Laptop would be pretty slow compared to a decent desktop (gamer...
  19. Nitro

Nylon headshell washers -- where to find them?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=&FVSEARCH=nylon+washer
  20. Nitro

cs 99a or hpm 100 ??

Traded 99s for the HPMs in my avatar pic. Much better bass, but I suppose my clear ones may sound different than normal ones since they have no insulation inside, can't tell that they need any though. the 99s sound nice, but aren't in the same zip code as HPMs.
  21. Nitro

Tiny Black Particles of Doom... or, Is This Normal?

is that turntable belt drive??
  22. Nitro

I paid for a Soundsmith Strain Gauge cartridge yesterday.

Uh, air conditioning is usually less than $6000 unless you have a really big house.
  23. Nitro

Direct drive vs. Belt Pros and cons?

From a manufacturing standpoint, belt drive is simpler, less engineering cost, less production (labor) and material cost. That is why the "high end" ones these days are belt drive. Higher profits.
  24. Nitro

Pioneer PL-450 Turntable

The runout may not be far enough over to engage the return. Try a different record first.
  25. Nitro

This guy has some serious gear head issues..

He's been around for at least ten years.
Back
Top Bottom