Search results

1. dalejr

JBL L-100 restoration project ahead

I myself would not replace the foam grills. They really muffle the sound, thus many pairs missing them.
  2. dalejr

Has anyone had dealings with LPtunes?

I purchased a new stylus in which they sent me a substitute I guess. Tried to return but don't get a response on emails or phone call messages. Anybody else have issues with them?
  3. dalejr

JBL L200a

I will start looking to score some 077's/2405's. Thank you all for your input, very much appreciated!
  4. dalejr

JBL L200a

I'm thinking I will wait and try them out. I really want to get started on the cabs. Is there any threads with photos of the diaphragm and the points I will need to address. Now that I have the drivers out I am going to remove the crossovers for sanding and painting. Should I replace the caps?
  5. dalejr

JBL L200a

As for the corroded connections you speak of, where are they exactly?
  6. dalejr

JBL L200a

I really appreciate the info Bob, Thanks. So will they play fine or does it affect the sound by not replacing the foam?
  7. dalejr

JBL L200a

I don't exactly know what I will do with them, I suppose I will listen and enjoy them for a while. I have accumulated a few pairs of JBL's these will make 10.
  8. dalejr

JBL L200a

Well I don't understand, are you saying to buy them or giving me a ballpark on what they are worth with the seals intact. Will it damage them to just play as is? When I laid the speakers on their back the one had 3 of the 4 seals lying underneath the driver. Do they fall out sometimes? When I...
  9. dalejr

JBL L200a

No I don't know anything about the foam inside, is it an easy operation or do I need somebody qualified?
  10. dalejr

JBL L200a

I have dismantled drivers from cabs and taking reading right off driver. Cabinets are 20090 20092 15's are 19242 19245 85's are 24837 24842 I would appreciate any concerns I should have.
  11. dalejr

JBL L200a

No frames, not sure about flipping at this point. I am a little curious about the LE85. I tested with a multimeter and found one to be 5.9 and the other 8.3. Could there be an issue with the higher reading?
  12. dalejr

JBL L200a

It's not a question of doing better. It's JBL. So I picked them up for 1250, very nice shape but do need to be refinished. Original owner brushed on a clear coat of some sort. I will strip them sand a bit and hand rub a finish on them. I will also sand all the black on them and respray. Drivers...
  13. dalejr

JBL L200a

I appreciate your feedback
  14. dalejr

JBL L200a

I just found them on cl and if I don't take them in a hour he has another buyer.
  15. dalejr

JBL L200a

Could somebody give me some insight on these speakers. There is a pair for sale for roughly 1300, they appear to be in good condition but no grills?
  16. dalejr

Life with the SX-750

Figured walnut, I like to keep a some what stock look.
  17. dalejr

Life with the SX-750

I have re-veneered more than a dozen or so PL 530 plinths and I just pulled the veneer off. Just did a sx 737 and am trying to figure out a stain for it. Not sure if you have a laminate trimmer but they are great for trimming
  18. dalejr

SX-737 Filter caps and Bleeder resistor

I finally found some at Mouser 10000uf 63 volt, they are 40mm x 80mm. They are a bit taller but should work good. Mouser part # 647-LKG1J103MKN
  19. dalejr

1010 in the house.

Where do I get 1 of those boards?
  20. dalejr

SX-737 Filter caps and Bleeder resistor

Hello Bob, Did you ever find a filter cap for the 737, I'm having trouble locating 1 that size. Correct me if I'm wrong but is it 40mm x 60mm?
  21. dalejr

Noah Schumacher (BigVoyevoda, Hallo-Fi Electronics, Vintage Audio Restorations) Being Investigated

Noah had my mint condition Marantz 2325 for 8 months until I hassled him so much I finally got it back but not until he scavenged several parts from it including a mint steal cover because it was in the optional wood case. After taking to another tech I found out he didn't even do half of what I...
  22. dalejr

SX-1010 dial lamps - how many? how bright?

So what color Led's did you use?
  23. dalejr

Jbl Woofer Refoam

Does any one know of a reputable place I can get my woofers refoamed?
  24. dalejr

Complete set of LED lights for my Marantz 2325?

Does any one know where I can purchase a complete led lamp kit for my 2325?
  25. dalejr

buglegirl is an awesome seller

Get well soon
Back
Top Bottom