Search results

1. zoso7374

Help me choose my next Amp. $1000ish budget

So update to the thread. The carver has been sent out for this service and upgrade package. I am still open to the discussion though, going to look at some of the things mentioned here. Thanks for the input everyone!
  2. zoso7374

Help me choose my next Amp. $1000ish budget

I am powering some Bowers and Wilkins 801's. Here are my choices: Option # 1 - My current amp, a Carver M4.0. I would get the full work up from Rolland Barr which includes: Chassis Refresh Repair all issues Touchup all poor solder Install all factory updates Replace 100% of the...
  3. zoso7374

Turntable record clamp...

Bought this exact one last week and I love it. Works great for slightly warped records with VISIBLE improvement in tracking.
  4. zoso7374

Abbey Road Mo-Fi vs Japanese Press

That is interesting because the MoFi that I do have almost sounds muddy with bass in the clean passages.
  5. zoso7374

Interesting read. Haven't heard many comments on the Japanese versions though. Hmmmmm :scratch2:
  6. zoso7374

Anyone have an opinion on this? I have a decent original press copy, which blew the new reissue (2012?) out of the water in a shoot out. Then I bought a MoFi version on eBay, and it turned out to be a dud. Looked perfect, but played terribly with skips and deep pops. So back to the...
  7. zoso7374

Show me your favourite pictures of your turntable!

Giving this a bump, cmon fellas, as a photographer and a vinyl head I really enjoy these.
  8. zoso7374

Anybody 'really' happy?

Very happy with my current setup. Once I added the B&W's, I was pretty much where I want to be. I am debating adding the matching B&W subwoofer, but that would just be gravy. I have even tried subbing an Ortofon Blue for my AT 125LC cart, but the AT won in a shootout.
  9. zoso7374

Show me your favourite pictures of your turntable!

Technics 1200MK2
  10. zoso7374

Zerodust from the Bay

The Zerodust is absolutely a must-buy!
  11. zoso7374

Record Store Day - First Listening Impressions

Oh and I should have mentioned $9.99!! For RSD that is a bargain for a 12".
  12. zoso7374

Record Store Day - First Listening Impressions

I picked up a ton of stuff, but one that really jumped out at me was Fela Kuti Sorrow Blood and Tears. Best sounding Fela recording I have heard, just had me captivated. And I have heard MANY Fela records, and they are generally very solid sound quality (not counting live recordings or early...
  13. zoso7374

Cataloging LP collection

You can do a bulk upload via CSV for selling vinyl, but not cataloging your own.
  14. zoso7374

VPI made my day!

I have also dealt with Matt at VPI, and he has been really nice. I bought a second hand VPI 16.5 and it developed a crack in the top piece of wood. He told me it would be about $50 to fix if I could drop it off (I live about an hour north of their HQ). I told him I would think it would be...
  15. zoso7374

Sgt Peppers capitol purple dome

Just thought I would add a bit to this puzzle (though not DIRECTLY related). My buddy had an Abbey Road 2012 pressing, and we compared it to my VG+ (at best) original US stereo press. We were both VERY disappointed in the 2012 remaster. Just flat and lifeless compared to the original US press.
  16. zoso7374

Vital vinyl

Beatles - Abbey Road Beatles - Let It Be Naked Pink Floyd - DSOTM Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here Steely Dan - Aja MoFi INXS - Kick Michael Jackson - Off the Wall Nilsson Schmilsson That is a good start.
  17. zoso7374

NJ to Baltimore

Making this trip next weekend, 6/23. If you have anything that need to travel, I can probably fit it in my Jeep Liberty. I would just like a couple of bucks to help me pay for gas on my trip. Lemme know if I can help.
  18. zoso7374

Radian Research 8-3 replacement woofer

You still looking for this? I just replaced them, but I realize how old this thread is, haha.
  19. zoso7374

Your "Go-To" Album?

I'll go first. 1.) Depends on the party. If things are getting weird, Kraftwerk will only fuel the fire. I have also been dabbling in Passing the Peas by the JB's and Brass Construction Self Titled. People loosen up real quick in all three scenarios. Instant good times. 2.) Pink Floyd -...
  20. zoso7374

Your "Go-To" Album?

I am interested in three categories. 1.) Party time - You have a few people over, and you want to get this thing started. Drinks (fancy or cheap) are flowing, it's your moment to impress. What album do you put on? 2.) "Let me show you how great my stereo sounds". When someone is either...
  21. zoso7374

Adcom 555 mk II

Found an Adcom 555 mk II on CL for $350, got it down to $275. I am going to use it to swap out my 535 that is powering my JBL 4311B's. Good value? Good choice for my 4311B's?
  22. zoso7374

Help me setup my Adcom and JBL's

I would ideally like to go with the Adcom 545 @ 100wpc and around $200. I also see the Adcom 5400 @ 125wpc and about $300. Will the 545 suffice? Will I see a lot more benefit out of another 25-50 wpc? If I have to wait a bit and save for the 5400 I will if it is worth it. I am also assuming...
  23. zoso7374

Hjames . . . how would I biamp the 4311's?
  24. zoso7374

Sorry, meant to mention that I am running JBL 4311B's. My bad.
Back
Top Bottom