Search results

1. S

Sansui_Master: Please read this message.

I guess I should be flattered if I'm compared to Mr. BeatleFred. But if the truth be told, well, I am but a mere "Sansui Master", not even worthy of fetching his slippers. BeatleFred is a Sansui 'god' :thmbsp:
  2. S

Wasnt BeatleFred mixed up with that crook Henry Louis, having similar Ebay id's? Easy to jump to conclusions. The Walrus was Fred :thmbsp: 'The Sansui Master has spoken' :smoke:
  3. S

4 ohm speakers on a 8 ohm receiver?

I could do it if you didnt mind waiting a while to get it back, a Sansui Master does have a busy schedule as you can imagine :D I presume the D11 youre referring to is the same one you had mentioned a while ago in the archives. If you are eager to have it fixed, there are very knowledgeable...
  4. S

If you knew who I was, you would already know that I am perfectly aware of those things and its not necessary to tell me. But its not important to know who I am, so Thanks for your concern anyway. Geez, dont any of you guys watch the Super Bowl and have a few beers to lighten up? 'The...
  5. S

I am afraid that someone else other than I must be the: BRYSTON MASTER, surely such an individual is out there? Gosh, I'm starting to feel like Caine here in the old tv show, 'Kung Fu', where all the folks in the town just dont want to acknowledge how awesome of a MASTER he is, and good 'ol...
  6. S

Hi Paul: I read your message, thanks for the explanation. As far as taking on the role of the Moderator from your predecessor, well, I think its best not to really get into that too much. The departure of the former Mod was a mistake on the part of other people who just didnt want to...
  7. S

Oh finally, someone with a sense of humour, Thank You. :thmbsp: C'mon now gentlemen, you know that you cant dislike me. Try as you might, you know you cant help but come back and read what I wrote and be in awe of my friggin' awesome Sansui knowledge, and its ok. Every now and then, its...
  8. S

There is nothing to ponder or mull over. It was already understood by me right from the start that Sean expressed concern about using the receiver, and that is why I advised him to ask the speaker manufacturer for an impedance curve. (which up to that point, no one else had come along to offer...
  9. S

What a surprise.

Aw golly gee, Alan, for a guy who cant sing, he sure 'fooled' alot of people for the past 40 years, how dare Sir Paul swindle us like that! I will say, he sounds darn good on my Sansui's though, go figure :thmbsp: 'The Sansui Master has spoken' :smoke:
  10. S

Oh yeah?, well since you seem to like Statistics, how many G series receivers have blown up in the past 29 years that were merely connected to 4 ohm speakers? Thousands of thousands of G models were made in the span of about 4 years, and 29 years is plenty of time to come up with an accurate...
  11. S

Looking for info on sansui headphones

Ok Paul, If you feel compelled to try and correct me by picking apart my every word, I will clarify that the word "never" be replaced by "seldom" in my previous message. Does it make much of a difference?, I think not. And if you did read what I wrote closely, you'll notice that the QH-44...
  12. S

What a surprise.

Sansui made many of these type of models in the 80's, so I wasnt expecting that the one shown in the link is the exact one you saw, but that it was very similar, which you just confirmed. The reason for the amp to look different is because it could be an integrated amp or a receiver, or perhaps...
  13. S

:nono: Yee of little faith in Sansui G series models, hang your heads in shame! What does it say on the front panel?" PURE POWER Yeah, thats right, dudes, PURE POWER :banana: And the model in question, is just one step down from the top-of-the-line G-9700, so me-thinks there is more than...
  14. S

Toasted Almond's Thread on The Last Waltz

Here's another great tune, beautifully sung by Rick: Unfaithful Servant, I hear you leavin' soon in the mornin' What did you do to the lady, that she's gonna have to send you away? Unfaithful servant, you don't have to say you're sorry, If you done it just for the spite, or did ya do...
  15. S

Looking for info on sansui headphones

I dont think the SS-20 or 50's are the ones you're trying to remember (he stated they were not the typical bulky white plastic "kopfhorer's" (thats German, for headphones). Sansui did make other headphones that were very nice looking and a bit more distinctive than the models mentioned above...
  16. S

What a surprise.

Just from what you describe with the logo, its almost certainly from the 80's, and I have a hunch it looks something like the (integrated) amp in this auction (enlarge the pics to get a better view), (and by the way, the serial # in the back will give the year/month of manufacturing date, there...
  17. S

Toasted Almond's Thread on The Last Waltz

I tip my hat to everyone here who shares the same appreciation as I have for The Band. They were truly great and the five of them together were such a magical combination of musical talent, its just incredible. How I wouldve loved to have been a fly on the wall back in '67 when they lived in...
  18. S

Just dreamin'

The first answer that comes to mind would be to use the preamp model that matches the BA-F1, and that would be the low height/long depth-shaped CA-F1. They arent seen too often for sale, so your other choices in the Sansui family would be: C-2302, C-2301, CA-3000, CA-2000, C-2102, C-2101, and a...
  19. S

A toast to Bubba

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved dog. I realize how sad the feeling can be as we do become very attached to our pets, and it takes some time to readjust to not having them around anymore. But try and focus on what a good owner you were, which I'm sure made Bubba feel...
  20. S

9090db: fixable/need help finding parts

Since you stated that your brother was the reason for the amp malfunctioning, is he willing to pay the cost to have it repaired? Although the desire to fix the amp on your own is commendable, heed EW's advice, (he knows what he's talking about), and you might consider sending the receiver to...
  21. S

Care and Maintenance of Cassette and Reel to Reel.

Mr. Vintage TX: Does a bottle of 99% pure isopropyl retain its strength indefinitely? In other words, I would like to know if the 1 pint size bottle I bought several years ago and kept stored away from sunlight, can still be safely used now and can still efectively clean the tape heads (on...
  22. S

AU-20000 Question

Just like all the other models in the series, (BA-5000, BA-3000, CA-3000, & TU-9900), the AU-20000 meters glow green. However, if the original bulbs were replaced somewhere along the way with ordinary substitutes, the meters would glow a yellow color when the amp is on. Always remember, the...
  23. S

B-1000 Amplifier Question

Reginald: Dont automatically assume that since things didnt work out with your Sony receiver, you will get the same results with a Sansui power amp . Though, I realize you do need a preamp of some sort to try out the B-1000 with your speakers. Well, if the C-77 is available for a very...
  24. S

G-9700 on ebay...910.00!?!

No doubt, the G-9000 is truly a great receiver. But the x700 models are certainly good as well. If you happen to be a fan of the G series, and want to add an x700 model to the collection, the smart thing to do would be to avoid paying an exorbitant amount for a G-9700 (the theme of this thread)...
  25. S

Favorite Dire Straits Song?

"Wild West End" from their classic 1st album which is an absolute late 1970's masterpiece.
Back
Top Bottom