Search results

1. Cartman

Artsy photos of your gear

fb upload
  2. Cartman

Let's See Your Great JVC Gear!

I’m really enjoying this new acquisition, I love its flat response, reserves of power and its spacious and un-fatiguing sound. It’s a pleasure to use and to behold too.
  3. Cartman

My Omni based system

I have always liked speakers that avoid firing straight at me. I appreciate the spaciousness, image height and ease of listening anywhere in the room. I have enjoyed a number of speakers with sloped baffles, including Naim SBL and Spica TC50 (which I still own and love). I also like upward...
  4. Cartman

What is your occupation?

I worked in service design and management for various government departments, Spent most of my working life on process design and improvements and/or management information tools and systems. Sounds boring but it was both rewarding and frustrating in equal measure. I retired far too early and...
  5. Cartman

Sonneteer Campion

This thread and others from Art K were a big influence in bringing Sonneteer to my attention. After a bit of a slow start, the Campion has grown on me to the point where I can't imagine ever being without it. I don't know what it is about the sound, but the Campion is a real "grower". It just...
  6. Cartman

What would you buy?

Sony PS6750 Exposure X and Epos ES14s Actually the ES14s were 1986 if I recall correctly, but what's a year when you're that old?
  7. Cartman

Show Off Your Small Listening Space

I had an MA5100. Wish I had never let it go. It was liquid velvet to listen to.
  8. Cartman

They have an upward facing Kevlar bass unit and a forward firing Vifa D27 tweeter. The cabinets are lined with carbon fibre and then perforated steel with a rubberised adhesive layer between them. Bass unit is crossover-less with just a resistor and cap on the tweeter,
  9. Cartman

Receiver and Amp nudies! Post them if ya got them!

And my Myst Tma3
  10. Cartman

Receiver and Amp nudies! Post them if ya got them!

My Sonneteer Campion
  11. Cartman

Pic of the bedroom system with speakers.
  12. Cartman

Thanks, me too. I've had a lot of different systems over the years but the Sonneteer stuff is just so satisfying to listen to and also to use and live with. Very easy on the eye too.
  13. Cartman

This is the bedroom system. Sonneteer Byron CD player into Sonneteer Campion amp. Speakers are a DIY version of some NVA cube speakers I owned, Similar to Allison Six.
  14. Cartman

To this So that's Naim CD3 into Myst Tma3 with Royd Minstrel speakers. As you can see, I also have a Schiit Asgard 2 for headphone listening, Headphones are Grado RS2e
  15. Cartman

This was my lounge system until recently. The amp has just been changed
  16. Cartman

What CD Player Do You Use?

Sonneteer Byron. https://flic.kr/p/YDuni8
  17. Cartman

Help with MA5100 lights out!

Thanks Terry. I'll replace the resistor and the lights just to be safe.
  18. Cartman

Should I be asking in the "kinks" section?
  19. Cartman

Hi I'm new to mcintosh having just bought an ma5100 a few days ago. A couple of days ago the two outer lights seemed dimmer and now they are all out. The amp seems to work ok though and the red on/off indicator still runs. Any idea what the problem is and how to fix? Also I presume the amp...
Back
Top Bottom