Search results

1. miklemke

RT-701

I'm recapping the servo amplifier. There are 4 Sanyo 25v 0.1uf electrolytics. Are 25v 0.1 uf multilayer Ceramic Caps an acceptable replacement? If not what would you suggest? Thanks.
  2. miklemke

LEDs for lighting

I've seen a number of posts regarding the use of LEDs as replacements for the old incandescent bulbs. Many times people are not satisfied with the color of the light or the dispersion. Both of these are subject to the individual's personal taste. On the color side, warm white will be a closer...
  3. miklemke

PC5002M

A while back I found a PC5002M for a fair price on the auction site. From the pictures, it was in great cosmetic condition, which was important to me. The seller strapped it to a pallet with the only protection being a piece of foam tapped to the face and shipped it via common carrier truck...
  4. miklemke

Help Identify Parts

These are parts from the meter driver board of a Yamaha PC2002M. On the schematic, they are listed as 10 ohm resistors. I can't say that I've seen resistors that look like this before. They look like capacitors to me. Both are toast, so I need to replace them, but want to make sure I use the...
  5. miklemke

PC5002M

Can't find VR301 on the board diagram. Should be on the driver board. Found an interesting arrow down towards the left-hand bottom between C303 and C304 and right above R317. Think that is it?
  6. miklemke

PC2002M Meter Board

I recently repaired a PC2002M. Everything is great except the meters don't work. The problem is the IC on the meter board. I need a Yamaha IG00137 integrated circuit for a PC 2002M. It is for the meter driver. Same part also is used on a P2200. It goes on the meter driver board. I did post a...
  7. miklemke

PC2002M - Need help

I acquired a non-working PC2002M. Replaced caps and a bad diode on the Channel A DA amp board, removed all of the acidic glue. Channel B works fine, the power supply is fine, but channel A will not come out of protection. The voltage reading on the DA board, with the positive lead on "CT"...
  8. miklemke

Suggested Pre-amp for PC2002M

What pre-amp do you recommend for use with a PC2002M? I would prefer one that is rack mountable and has a look similar to the amplifier. Thanks
  9. miklemke

PC2002M LED Conversion for Meter Lights

I recently acquired a non-working PC2002M. One of the problems was the meter lights were all burned out. Rather than replacing them with regular light bulbs, I installed LEDS. It was relatively simple. The bulbs are feed with 12 v DC. I used a Linear Regulator to convert that to 3.3 v...
  10. miklemke

Need Help with PC2002M

I need some help trouble shooting a PC2002M. It won't come out of protection. Prior to this it was fine and took about 3 sec to come out of protection. So far, I found that it lost the +80 v DC. The-80 v DC is OK. All the fuses are OK. Thanks
  11. miklemke

NS1000M Cabinet Finish

I would like to refinish the cabinets on my NS1000M's. What was the original black finish? Laquer? Paint? Stain? Thanks.
  12. miklemke

KA 7100 Distortion Need Help

I purchased a Kenwood KA 7100 from a fellow AKer a while back. The unit has distortion in both channels from all sources. Where should I look first? Thanks
  13. miklemke

KA 7100 Transistor Substitutions

What would be recommended transistor substitutions for transistors Qi7 and Qi9 on the control board. they are 2SA640(F) and 2SC1400(E). Thanks,
  14. miklemke

Suggestions for 10,000uf 56V KA 8100 Cap Repalacements

I'm recapping a KA-8100 and would appreciate any suggestions for the replacements for the 10,000 uf 56v caps. Part numbers and sources would be great. Thanks Happy New Year to you all!!
  15. miklemke

Using LED's for replacement lamps

This topic comes up from time to time. Here are pictures of LED arrays I've used to replace incandescent lights in Pioneer equipment. In all cases, I've used "flat top" LED's. You can use any color you like, but the color will determine the dropping resistor value needed. "Warm White" is...
  16. miklemke

Spec 1 and Spec 4 on Chicago CL

There are two listings for SPEC 4's and one for a SPEC 1 on the Chicago CL. They are pricey though.
  17. miklemke

Philips DVDR 3576H Dark Picture

The picture from my Philips DVDR is extremely dark. Is there a way to adjust the contrast and brightness of the unit?
  18. miklemke

Replacement for 2SC711 & 2SC968

What would be recommended replacements for a 2SC711 and 2SC968. They are in the tuner section of an SX 828. Thanks
  19. miklemke

SX 828 Stereo Indicator Lamp

One last issue with an SX 828. The Stereo Indicator lamp won't light. The bulb was bad and has been replaced, but still no indicator. There is no voltage going to the bulb. Any ideas? Thanks
  20. miklemke

Sx 1050 Parts list

Does anyone have a recap list for a SX 1050? Thanks
  21. miklemke

SX 828 Need voltage reading from SM

I have a service manual that's very hard to read. From what I can tell the voltage on pin 4 of the power supply should be 45v. Mine reads 4v. The question is am I reading the SM correctly. Should the voltage be 45v? If so, where should I look to correct the problem? The other voltages...
  22. miklemke

SX 1250 - Need Help

I bought a SX 1250 from the auction site that wasn't quite as advertised. Imagine that. The unit had several blown fuses. Replaced the fuses and started it up with a DBT. Obvious short some where. After an inspection, the problem was missing insulators on Q1 and Q5 on the stabilizer...
  23. miklemke

JBL 035TiA Tweeter

How is the protective screen on the 035 TiA tweeter removed and then replaced? I recently acquired two, but the screens are bent. They could be easily put back into shape if removed from the actual speaker. Thanks
  24. miklemke

JBL L100 / 4311 Tweeter swap

Has anyone swapped the tweeters in JBL L100's or 4311's with the titanium 035TiA? I'm contemplating doing so and am interested in any feedback.
  25. miklemke

SPEC 2 Reed Relay

Does anyone know of a replacement for the RL2 Reed Relay, part # ASR 005C? Thanks
Back
Top Bottom