Search results

1. gladiator335

Bozak speakers ID

Hi boys and girls... Does anyone know what model are those?
  2. gladiator335

Klipsch tweeter repairs

Hi folks. Here's my predicament: I can't pry K-101-S tweeter from the horn (SF2 speakers). It looks like some kind of compound holding it and I really don't want to break it. Any ideas? Obviously screws were removed... Thanks That's the tweeter in question:
  3. gladiator335

Is there a value in vintage Edison R-5 radio?

My friend has that Edison R-5 radio (I believe circa 1929). Unit is complete with all the tubes present. Obviously not tested... Is there any value in it (as a while or in parts)?
  4. gladiator335

Inexpensive silver-faced CD/DVD player?

I am 148% sure it was a similar discussion here. But since I was unable to find it here you go again. What I am looking for is a silver-faced CD or DVD player with "higher-end" look...It is for a secondary system where I really don't want to spend big bucks to match all the gear... So...What do...
  5. gladiator335

Inside the mothersip

Me and my wife love to travel in Europe. And probaly France is definitely #1 for us. Been to alsmost every major wine region there (Rhone Valley, Provence, Champagne, Loire Valley, Bugrundy, Alsace) so this time it was Bordeaux and Dordogne Valley... Needless to say Bordeaux region makes over...
  6. gladiator335

Looking for ideas for a new rack/stand

Hi there! Currently I have a very generic walmart-ish stand for the main system. And my wife already hinted several times that "this thing"...you guessed it...doesn't match our decor. And she is absoliutely right! I've been trying to find something capable of housing my main system (Parasound...
  7. gladiator335

Ever received letter like this???

I know, I know...We all at some point had a letter from a Nigerian prince, long lost relative about to die or from the management of Australian lottery. Sent: 2019-04-14 5:07:23 PM Subject: Mitchell Hi lovely it was great to get your letter it made my day. I enjoy football, tennis and bicycle...
  8. gladiator335

Question for refoaming gurus

Folks, are 8" and 4" foam rings for Infinity CS3006 somewhat special or generic kits will do? Thanks
  9. gladiator335

Infinity speakers ID

They look familiar, but ....
  10. gladiator335

Not sure what to make of this...

What is going on here??? https://newhaven.craigslist.org/ele/d/cheshire-high-end-audio-equipment/6850672575.html
  11. gladiator335

Technics SU-Z960 volume control (?) issue

Hi there. I have Technics SU-Z960 integrated...With any source sound is quiet and distorted. However if I hook up the source to the MAIN IN (bypassing preamp) it sounds fine. Normally I would deoxit volume and tone controls and it would probably fix the problem. But this thing has electronic...
  12. gladiator335

Need help from our british boys and girls

Here is the thing: my in-law asked me for some help in building a vinyl rig. An amplifier, speakers and (possibly) turntable. Nothing fancy considering budget about 250 pounds...I can't ship anything from the US (shopping price is ridiculous) so maybe some AKer in UK can help. She lives in North...
  13. gladiator335

And yet another "What is it???" thread

Okay, okay...please don't be a smart a.. and don't tell me "Jee Dude! Those are speakers!" So...I know I've seen something like that somewhere. But Polk??? Any good?
  14. gladiator335

Speaker cable (???)

There were a lot of threads "Identify the speaker" or "Identify this receiver" and so on... Today I found this speaker cable in my garage... heavy SOB with spades on one side and banana connectors on another (for biwiring).. No markings of any kind except of AMP on the spade's end... Does anyone...
  15. gladiator335

Andalusia

16. gladiator335

Yummy Andalusia Spain

Just came back from a delightful trip through Andalusia (Seville, Ronda, Granada and Cordoba). What a beautiful country! Here are some pictures:
  17. gladiator335

What Klipsch are they???

Folks, I can't place those: They are KG-2 (I'm pretty sure) but those tweeters throw me off. I don't think they are original. Or am I wrong???
  18. gladiator335

Can anyone recognize this speaker?

Anything good?
  19. gladiator335

Sony gear on CT CL

For posterity: Not mine, no affiliation.
  20. gladiator335

Linn LP12 on CT CL

https://hartford.craigslist.org/ele/d/linn-lp12-turntable/6464031838.html Though for $1,200 asking I'd expect at least a few pictures...No affiliation.
  21. gladiator335

Polk SDA-SRS on Greenwich CT Criagslist

https://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/ele/d/pair-of-vintage-polk-audio/6456513162.html No affiliation. For the posterity:
  22. gladiator335

Speaker gurus: what are they?

Folks, do you know what are they? Paradigms badges. Look like Focus, but as far as I remember Focus grills were removable. Those are glued (?) No stickers on a back unfortunately.
  23. gladiator335

And where all those scammers are coming from????

It seems that regardless of what and where am I selling - result is the same. All kind of scammers respond within minutes. Here are a few examples: EXHIBIT 1 craigslist reply b2c6 My name is Mira and Justin is interested in buying your Yamaha stereo you are selling.You can email him right...
  24. gladiator335

Those poor poor Polks!

Why people do things like that???? :no:
Back
Top Bottom