Search results

1. ukfan4sure!

Large Advent Loudspeakers (1974)?

Early ones especially. I've never met a Sansui speaker I've liked. They tried to stuff too many speakers in a cabinet, and in my opinion (and in Henry Kloss's), that doens't bode well for sound.
  2. ukfan4sure!

MCS 3285 followed me home

I beg to differ. Considering this was 1982-84, it stacks up great if not better than many of the other name brands' models of the day. What other maker had 5 transformers powering the different sections? Cross talk was non-existent in this model at any level.
  3. ukfan4sure!

The mighty MCS 3285! With pictures! And lots of exclamation points!

Ouch... Someone call the fire department!
  4. ukfan4sure!

Zelle or Venmo vs PayPal - am I protected as a seller? User tips?

I agree it makes no sense. When I spoke to their agent (who sounded like they were from India), they said it was out of their hands now, and I would have to wait for this person's bank to make a decision. They said they had forwarded all of the case history to that bank, and as you can guess...
  5. ukfan4sure!

Relay Click Timing on a 7070?

Hey thanks. I appreciate the tip.
  6. ukfan4sure!

Thank you for your criticisms and your help. One appreciated.
  7. ukfan4sure!

I really hate making a post about this, but I need a bit of guidance. I've got a Sansui 7070 with no output. The output transisitors check out good. I'm getting an RL01 relay click (F-2625 board) at the point of turning on the unit, and I'm concerned that this would not be correct. Doesn't...
  8. ukfan4sure!

Silver-face era Pioneer SX-x2x and SX-x3x receivers with gold or bronze face

This same thing was done by Scott, and Scott received rebuke for their anodizing not matching from unit to unit. There was too much variance in coloration from vendor to vendor.
  9. ukfan4sure!

Yamaha YP-B4 Belt Drive Running Slow

Hey, thanks, I'll check it out.
  10. ukfan4sure!

Hey, thanks for the comment. As I understand it, these tables were made by CEC, and are extremely reliable. I will putz around with it until I at least get it very close. As you note, the belt will be a critical factor. One person that worked on one noted that it's a good idea to swap the...
  11. ukfan4sure!

Thanks. I ordered one from a pretty legit guy on eBay. I hope he is right, and that it's the correct dimensions. BTW, thank you for your service to our country on this Veteran's Day weekend.
  12. ukfan4sure!

Thanks, do you know of a reliable source, by chance? I realize sellers are all over eBay, but they'll send you the wrong one either in length and thickness and not bat an eye unless you complain. I am well aware of that. Many sellers will not specify if the thickness is OEM or just some...
  13. ukfan4sure!

Thanks, do you know of a reliable source, by chance? I realize sellers are all over eBay, but they'll send you the wrong one either in length and thickness and not bat an eye unless you complain.
  14. ukfan4sure!

Hopeless hoarder scores an RX-1100U

"... take it to the shed and spoon with it!..." Quote of the day! I was LMAO!
  15. ukfan4sure!

Just got this nice YP-B4 table given to me. It matches nicely to my CR-820 receiver. I do have a question, though. It is running slow. I know there could be several issues causing this, but I'd like to know if anyone here knows is there is any specific issue other than 1: Belt stretched, 2...
  16. ukfan4sure!

Markthefixer in Elmhurst hospital, not for long?

Mark, I'm praying for you my friend. Please get home soon!
  17. ukfan4sure!

Pioneer RT-707 speed issue

I've tried everything mentioned on mine except what GarryFreeman suggested. I've ordered caps for the servo board as I've heard problems can be found in the three 0.1uf 25v caps on that board. I'll mark my three potentiometers and try what Garry suggested.
  18. ukfan4sure!

BA312 Distortion Fix

I know this is an old thread, but I would like to chime in with another success story changing the 680K's to a 220K. I had a left channel distortion that appeared out of nowhere after performing a switch cleaning and a general overall going over (new LED lamps, new velum paper, and cosmetics)...
  19. ukfan4sure!

AK Almost Unreadable On IOS Phones

Thanks for everyone's reply, whether you intended to be helpful or just flame. I appreciate it. It gave me some pointers.
  20. ukfan4sure!

AK Almost Unreadable On IOS Phones

I give up. Trying to navigate AK on my IOS phone is pure hell. Too many pop ups and nonsense ads for me. I know they need the ad $$, but this is ridiculous.
  21. ukfan4sure!

2275 FM tuning meter aligment

Once in a while I come into a thread that helps me out enormously. This was one of them. Thanks for everyone's input, especially Silversleep (for the procedure) and Richiem46 (who clarified where the slug was). I took a bamboo sharpened skewer and gently created enough friction to turn the...
  22. ukfan4sure!

SX-950 rebuild/repair

I believe 95% of people replace too many parts in these receivers, ones that might have lasted another 20 years. There, I said it. :)
  23. ukfan4sure!

Luxman L-580 (early model) Sounds Lifeless and Pale... :(

Will do. Something isn't right, for sure. This beauty should be blasting out the sound, and yet sounds slightly muted and lifeless. it has virtually no dynamic range.
  24. ukfan4sure!

Luxman L-580 (early model) Sounds Lifeless and Pale... :(

Wonder if TO-220 heat sinks should be applied?
Back
Top Bottom