Search results

1. beowolf9

Hello from the AZ high desert

Welcome from a former Tucsonian now living in MS.
  2. beowolf9

Hi from Arizona y'all!

Welcome to AK from a former desert dweller now living in MS.
  3. beowolf9

kenwood model eleven

Yep, a common failure on Kenwood timers. The old plastic coupling gets brittle and breaks. There is somewhere on AK a post on one member's fix for this malady, it involved a metal coupling that was sourced from Home Depot I believe. Maybe check the Kenwood/Trio forum for the post.
  4. beowolf9

Repair Work, I'm Getting Too Old

I feel your pain, Beatnick. Back in June, I had to R&R the transmission in my truck. Even with all the proper tools to make the job as easy as possible, my neighbor and I (both in our 60's) were pretty sore for a few days afterward. Rolling around on a concrete driveway just isn't as much fun(?)...
  5. beowolf9

Audio Newbie, Memphis

Welcome to AK. I would suggest becoming a subscriber ($25.00 yearly) and checking BarterTown for used equipment, much better than you usually find on that auction site. Enjoy your time here, we will all enable your new addiction!!:rflmao:
  6. beowolf9

always wondered how many military service men and women here.

USMC 1975-1982. MCRD San Diego, Camp Pendleton, Camp Hansen Okinawa, MCAS Iwakuni Japan, Camp Lejeune NC, MCAS Cherry Point NC. Just another Cold War Vet, nothing special. OOH-RAH!!!
  7. beowolf9

Transmission RandR next weekend

You are right on the money, Chip. Those Silverado sit ups just remind me that I'm not as young as I used to be. Hopefully I won't have to do too many more in the near future!
  8. beowolf9

I got my transmission replaced last weekend. Actually not too difficult to do in the driveway. With a lot of help from my neighbor Dave, we started about 8:00 last Saturday morning and were at the transmission shop 70 miles away by 11:45. About 2 and a half hours and it was in the back of Dave's...
  9. beowolf9

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I'm putting in a rebuilt trans with the upgrades mentioned above. I was under the truck today spraying the head pipe studs with PB Blaster to hopefully get the exhaust off without breaking the manifold studs. Going to hit them every day until Friday...
  10. beowolf9

I read your post on the head gasket shims. I suppose it may work ok, just no experience doing it. I totally agree with you about keeping my old truck going as long as possible. I'm the 3rd owner and with the trans cost I'll have about $3800 in her. A whole lot cheaper to keep her!
  11. beowolf9

Well the 4L60E trans in my '99 Silverado finally gave up last week just shy of 262,000 miles. Having one built to replace it. Getting the improved 3-4 shift solenoids and upgraded clutch packs. With new T/C the all in price is $950.00, with a 36 month 36000 mile warranty. Other than the usual...
  12. beowolf9

Hello from Louisiana.

Welcome to AK from Mississippi. I'm sure we can help your new found addiction to vinyl prosper. Buckle up and enjoy the ride!
  13. beowolf9

Sounds of the mighty piston engine. What do you like? Hate?

I'm with you EJ on the R-3350. Sounds mean at idle with the syncopation of all those large bore cylinders thumping. A real treat at WOT for takeoff with flames coming out all around the cowling. A sight which will unfortunately be relegated to history and failing memories as we get older.
  14. beowolf9

New Member from SoMD

Welcome to AK! You can check out any time you want, but you can never leave!! Glad to have another Veteran here. Semper Fi!
  15. beowolf9

Was very cool thing to see and hear a B 17 fly over my house.

The Collings Foundation out of Texas was here in Hattiesburg again this year. They come by almost every year at the beginning of their country wide tour. This year the had a B-17 Flying Fortress, a B-24 Liberator, a B-25 Mitchell, and a P-51C Mustang. I live not too far from the local airport...
  16. beowolf9

Happy Birthday to Redikilowatt!

Happy Birthday ! It happens to be mine also!
  17. beowolf9

Happy Birthday to Bassblaster!

It's my birthday, too. Happy birthday
  18. beowolf9

Realistic APM

I have an APM 500 that I use in my system. The only way I know of is to parallel it in with the speakers being used. That being said, it may work on the 'B' speaker out if turned on. I haven't tried it but may be worth a try to see if it works that way. If not just wire it in with the 'A' speakers.
  19. beowolf9

Who's On First

I remember listening to this with my dad on KMOX 1120 in St. Louis. I was pretty young at the time, but I can still hear him chuckling and almost spitting out his coffee. An all time classic that is probably lost on the younger generations. Every time I hear this sketch, it takes me back to the...
  20. beowolf9

Another victim of poor turntable packing

I totally agree with you KB. The difference now is the original packing/shipping boxes are usually long gone. Not many people kept the original stuff, so finding someone who will pack correctly is a big issue, especially with the way packages are handled by the big shipping companies. Luckily I...
  21. beowolf9

Another victim of poor turntable packing

I took a chance a while back on a TT from E-Bay. It was a Kenwood KD-5070. I politely asked the seller how he planned to pack it, to which he replied he would remove the counterweight, platter and dust cover, tie down the tone arm and pack the cart (Grado F-1+) in a separate container. After I...
  22. beowolf9

To all you veterans out there, I salute you

I'm with you Maxx. Salute to all veterans. Semper Fi! USMC 1975-1982.
  23. beowolf9

Happy Veterans Day

On board with ya, Avionic. This veteran says thanks to all veterans for serving. Semper Fi!!
  24. beowolf9

Happy 242nd USMC

ATTENTION ON DECK!! Today is the 242nd birthday of the United States Marine Corps! To all my Marine brothers I say Happy Birthday Marine! Semper Fi and Ooh-Rah!!:beerchug: That is all, Carry On.
  25. beowolf9

You'll MISS Me When I'm Gone....

Luckily here in Podunk MS we have a locally owned electronics store that is pretty well stocked with anything you might ever need. If they don't have it in stock, they can get it in a couple of days with no upcharge. When RS closed the store here, no one noticed since it became a cell phone...
Back
Top Bottom