Search results

1. F

SX-1280 sudden drop in FM signal strength

Nope, it's definitely not the antenna. I tried a couple of different types with exact same results. Rabbit ears, wire dipole, etc. Also I did try the 75 ohm input with same results. This is the only receiver I own right now and I don't have a parts unit to try swapping things so I guess I'm...
  2. F

SX-1280 sudden drop in FM signal strength

I have a SX-1280 that has worked perfectly for the couple of years I've owned it. I turned it on yesterday after sitting a few weeks and now the signal strength reading has dropped a large amount from what is normal. I only pick up a couple of strong local stations in stereo now( the light...
  3. F

Project One Mark 1500 nudies!

Hello herbd2, as a fellow Project One fan and not living far from you I felt the requirement to wave a hand and say hi! It's been quite some time since I've been on here but I've been in search of a Mark1500 for several years now. Saw a couple on ebay a while back but it always seems they...
  4. F

Mach One 4024, 4024A, 4029 Information and Upgrades!

resistor values I haven't seen much talk on this, so I have to ask has anyone run into out of spec issues with the original resistors and needing replacement? Also are these indeed 2ohm and 8ohm(for the 4024's)? The "K" after the ohms symbol on each one lead me to believe they were 2000 and...
  5. F

sounding better now Well I sprayed contact cleaner through the slots in the back of the pots and got them working nice and quiet. While doing that I noticed a screw missing on the rear access panel for the mid so just being curious I took it off, and found a post-it note in there w/ the model...
  6. F

7A7 and 10A9 are the codes and from what I've read yes that's the correct way to read them.
  7. F

Just wanted to say Rntlee's pair isn't all that unique- my pair of 4024a's have mismatched bottoms also. The one date coded 1977 is veneer and the one painted is 1979.
  8. F

dull sounding 4024a I have a pair of 4024a's. One is date coded 1977 the other 1979. First for the record I just wanted to say the newer one actually has the two screws on the back for the midrange support. Someone posted earlier that this didn't show up until the 4029 came out. I've owned...
  9. F

tape monitor/duplicate switch position question

Yes, I suppose I could try the "experiment and see what happens" route, but I was just afraid this was a feedback situation just waiting to happen. I figured there would be enough sx receiver owners out here to simply say when these are flipped this way this is what happens, etc. etc.
  10. F

tape monitor/duplicate switch position question

I'm the new owner of a sx-980. A previous receiver I had years ago, a Project One Mark 1500, had what I consider a more logical layout for the tape monitor/duplicate switches making it impossible to have both monitor 1 & 2 ON at the same time. On the 980 I see this is very easy to do. What...
  11. F

Vintage Phillips World Radio

Very interesting looking unit. I agree with Sandy G: It aint no R-390A, but it looks good and certainly has lots of knobs to play with for only $10 bucks! Heck yes I'd pick it up. I really wouldn't depend on it / use it for my "main" shortwave receiver, though. Get something much more modern...
  12. F

Solvents/detergent to clean faceplate?

Windex! I'm surprised no one mentioned it yet, but I use Windex and plain white paper towels on aluminium faceplates with 100% success. Never any trouble with the lettering, and nicotine stains completely dissappear. A toothbrush works great for the crevices on switches and knobs. One place...
  13. F

What did you grow up with?

spoiled early to good sound In the early 80's my dad had a Project One Mark1500 receiver with matching Mark150 equalizer, Technics cassette deck, Technics turntable, Akai 4000DS(mk2?) reel to reel, Realistic 8-track deck, Pioneer VP-1000 laser disc player (when no one knew what laser discs...
  14. F

Just thought I would wave a hand to ya since I'm literally right across the lake from you. Has...

Just thought I would wave a hand to ya since I'm literally right across the lake from you. Has that new Vintage Audio store on Wells St opened up yet? I got a business card from the guy when I was at goodwill a while back.
  15. F

Project One Mark 800 Pics

Pacific Stereo I'm not 100% sure but I think they were sold by Pacific Stereo stores in the Chicagoland area at least.
  16. F

New project one 1500

There's more info on it elsewhere on this site, but yeah the Mark1500 was the top of the line model, distributed by a company called Playback, Inc. out of Lombard, IL. A lot of people seem to be pointing towards Pioneer as far as construction similarity. I used to own one years ago, and would...
  17. F

Project One

Project One fan mbeigh, so how and where did you find it? I have a Mark440 which has the funky "hybrid" tuner (analog AND digital readout), but I am still on the search for another Mark1500 after growing up with one that my father had but one of the channels slowly died. I still have the...
  18. F

Sony SLV-998HF VCR intermittent tuner

My Sony SLV-998HF has intermittent tuner operation. Sometimes the tuner works for a little while, then I start getting scratchy video and audio, then picture goes out completely(blank grey screen). Stereo and SAP indicators will go out at same time as if input signal was lost when in fact it...
  19. F

akai 4000DS capstan question

Looks like I need those washers. The one washer that is on mine between the roller and "cover" has a smaller inner dia., must not be the correct one? As for the other picture, I don't have the strange looking part with the U-shape hole between the sleeve and base.
  20. F

No, I've never replaced the pinch roller. Not sure what you mean by "slim", when I look at photos of the same machine on the web it looks the same to me. Also you mention does it rub against the sleeve- it fully engages properly during play just fine if thats what you mean. Only problem is...
  21. F

Pictures in the mail. Hi Vintage TX, wanted to let you know I finally got the pictures in the mail Saturday,(March 4). You should get them soon. Thanks
  22. F

I haven't disappeared Just wanted to let you know I'm still searching for a digital camera to borrow. If all else fails, can I send you a couple of regular photos via snail mail?
  23. F

Defunct Audio Companies List

Project One? Does ProjectOne qualify as a brand? Also, to backup our member Ultra-hog;- Realistic? Come on guys, radioshack did make SOME (wish I knew how to put that in italics) good stuff. I have the old Realistic MACH ONE speakers, (sealed enclosure, 15" woofers, horn drivers) and I have...
  24. F

I loosened everything up, by the way the ball is still there, but the axle keeps moving WITH the ledge at the same time.
  25. F

By center screw did you mean the allen screws?
Back
Top Bottom