Search results

1. notsofast

FOR D U M M I E S the Maggie 8802 390r mod

Hello, I’ve read articles and looked at pictures on the Mag8802 missing balance pot resistor mod and I don’t even come close to getting it. I can do motorcycle, car, and most household electrics but I just don’t get this. Is there a step by step tutorial to help me get going on something that...
  2. notsofast

Marantz cd 430

Hello, I need a CD player for my garage component system, the Sony cdp45 I was using quit. Looking for something inexpensive and a pawn shop not far from my house has a Marantz cd 430 that I tested and it functions as it should. Are these units ok?
  3. notsofast

Bought a Fisher 101-r am/fm and haven’t a clue.

Wanted to move up from my 90b so I bought a 101-r without really knowing enough about the unit. How do I connect the outputs to my L&R tuner inputs on my preamp. The upgrade I thought I was doing from the 90b was for improved selectivity and sensitivity, hhmmm? And what is the white bakalite...
  4. notsofast

Help me, don’t know what to do

Hello again, happy holidays to all. I have two tuners in one location and one T dipole antenna, can I use “jumpers” to signal both tuners from one dipole or how should I make this work? Thanks
  5. notsofast

Sansui TU 517 vs Kenwood KT 7500

Sansui 517 or Kenwood KT 7500 which one do you like and why?
  6. notsofast

Crown IC 150 vs. IC 150A any difference

Hello it’s me, Crown preamp question; are there any differences between the Crown IC 150 and the later 150 “A” ? I know they have different finishes but I was wondering if there were sonic differences. Thanks
  7. notsofast

Crown IC-150 trouble

Hello all, I have a Crown IC 150 that has lost one channel. I’d like to keep it working, where should I send it for repairs? I live close to New Orleans but I don’t mind shipping it to a qualified Crown repair facility. Thanks
  8. notsofast

How to hook up Klipsch center channel?

Hello, I have a pair of Khorns and am considering adding a center speaker. I am using vintage stereo preamp and power amp, I’d like to know how is the center speaker powered? Does it get a combined L&R signal, mono, and can this be done properly with vintage gear. Thanks
  9. notsofast

Will I like a Sansui tu9900?

Looking for a new to me tuner, I’ve had a Kenwood kt8300 that I liked. If I get a Sansui tu9900 will I like it? Thanks
  10. notsofast

? Fisher 90b ?

Is the Fisher 90B tuner a desirable unit? Is it a good performer? Any particular drawbacks? Thanks
  11. notsofast

FM 19 stand alone tuner?

If anyone has converted a FM 19 console tuner to a stand alone unit, how much had to be done to it and how were the results? Thanks, happy holidays
  12. notsofast

Tuner cabinet interchangeability?

Will a cabinet for a model 100-r tuner fit a KM 60 tuner? And it has a bunch of flat clips that I assume you need to secure the chassis to the cabinet, any hints on these clips or a mounting process link? Thanks
  13. notsofast

KM 60 vs 90b

I am looking to get a tube tuner and I’m looking at vtg Fisher units. I’m on a budget, about a hundred bucks, and I’m trying to choose between a KM 60 and a 90b. Would appreciate pros an cons in a comparison between these two. Thanks & happy holidays
  14. notsofast

Fisher fm200-b antenna connector question

I have 75 ohm coaxial cable coming from an attic mounted antenna and I would like to connect it to my Fisher fm200 b’s female coaxial connector. However I am unfamiliar with the tuners coaxial connectors type. What is it called and is there an adapter that I can use to make this happen? Is...
  15. notsofast

Microphone input on SX 950, help

help me with two questions about the SX 950 receivers microphone jack 1) how many ohms should the mike be? 2) is this...
  16. notsofast

Car radio gets it ALL, hi $ home tuner fail

I,m just getting really tired of my car radio picking up just about everything in the air while my high buck home tuner just can't get it done. Don't want to get involved with large fm antennas, is there a neat way of pulling in fm signals to my home tuner and ofcourse I have tried a tune...
  17. notsofast

SX939 spkr control question

Can you turn off speaker play with the push button controls (of the SX939)? Some speaker button controls require at least one button to stay pushed
  18. notsofast

Cabinets horizontal, tweeters "in" or "out"

I am having to run a pair of JBL L46's horizontal on a shelf that's about 8' high. The cabinets will be closer than whats probably optimal (approx 40 inches apart). This is for my garage so I'm not going to be too picky on speaker placement. My question is, should the tweeters be "together"...
  19. notsofast

Inst pre-out & main ins on Pio. SX780

Is it possible to install pre-out and main in rca's on Pioneer a SX 780 receiver. They dont have to be on the rear plate, they could hang out on short pig tails. Thanks
  20. notsofast

7070 dolby nr/4 chn adpt, re-purpose?

Can the dolby nr/4 channel adapter rca's (2 pair, rear located) be used as a pre out and main amp in on the Sansui 7070? If no, why and if yes does it work as desired? thanks
  21. notsofast

Early Sansui 7000, power limiter function

On the early Sansui 7000 how does the power limiter work and are you better off leaving it set at the factory setting? thanks
  22. notsofast

Sansui 7000 (1971) pros & cons

Looking for a Sansui inexpensive receiver with pre and main separation. Is the early 7000 a good unit, it will be replaceing a Pioneer 780...thanks
  23. notsofast

designer cables

So I gave a little thought for high dollar cables and also gave a bit of thought to the fact that my components probably don't have mega dollar internals. Soooo I haven't had the benefit or lack there of in using upscale interconnects or nothing better than 14 gauge speakers leads. What say you?
  24. notsofast

Finally heard them, Maggie 8802

Finally got tired of looking at them (Magnavox 8802's) so I installed an off/on switch with no balance control mod, no re-cap or power fuse. Connected a pair of JBL control Ones to each amp and used my Pioneer 780's tape two output as the source...no volume control or balance or tone. They...
  25. notsofast

Help please...

I know this isn't general audio stuff, but can I get the info needed to list my equipment at the bottom of my posts automatically. thanks
Back
Top Bottom