Search results

1. lizard84

Threshold NS10 Preamp

I’ve got a chance to pick up a Threshold NS10 preamplifier, looks like a very nice piece, anyone have any experience?
  2. lizard84

Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital Dac/Headphone Amp

Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital by lizard84 posted Apr 8, 2018 at 11:59 AM I’ve had this dac a short while and will expand on my impressions as I roll up the hours of usage. I bought it based on reviews I’ve read and for its DSD and MQA capability’s. At $399 it seemed like it could be a good bridge...
  3. lizard84

Long time coming

CV181-Z’s & Mullard GZ34 by lizard84 posted Feb 7, 2018 at 6:44 PM Don’t know why I waited so long but damn, worth every penny and they just came out of the box. Pre is a Modwright LS100, it’s like Jacqui Naylor is in the room looking me in the eye.
  4. lizard84

New Life for Tidal?

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-ms-tidal-sprint-20170123-story.html Sprint just agreed to acquire a 33% stake in Tidal
  5. lizard84

DSD at HD Tracks

Content is light but it's a start.:thumbsup:
  6. lizard84

McIntosh & Maggies

Do they work well together in a system? I have had maggies, loved them, I have a mc7270, it have served me well. I just haven't experienced both together at the same time. I'm awaiting another set of maggies and wondered what other McIntosh owners have found.
  7. lizard84

Grover Huffman

Anyone have any input on these speaker cables, interconnects and power cords? I've decided to make some major system changes, Modded speakers/Amp and cabling. John, the maker of Magnestand's has written me that these are the speaker cables, interconnects and power cords he recommends...
  8. lizard84

22 1/2 Minutes = 1350 Seconds

An LP's biggest pita problem, others? pops, clicks, dust, dirt, storage. Before we start, wikipedia is free encyclopedia built collaboratively so linking up there to validate an opinion you hold dear doesn't hold water, if you insist it does please seeks help. Typing TOTL is banned from...
  9. lizard84

ifi Nano idsd 1st Impressions

I've been enjoying my ifi Nano idsd since Wednesday and I'm been blown away by the sound. I purchased it specifically to listen to high resolution audio on an iPhone via the Onkyo HD player app as a mobile solution for high quality listening when on the road. Right now it has less then 10 hours...
  10. lizard84

Why Not DSD64?

Why are a lot using DSD128 vs DSD64? DSD seems to add euphoric distortion that is pleasing to the ear, one could argue much like using a tube preamp like I am using, looking at the wave forms 64 seems to have the most so why 128 or 256? Just curious, I'm still not sold on converting of PCM...
  11. lizard84

I Love my $1299 Player...

A little equal time for a $1299 Oppo 105D that's worth every penny.:D I bought a Oppo 105D last year and it sounds awesome! It's built like a tank and sings like a pro. It's a player, it can be a preamp. It plays CD's (the feature I use the least as I rip my CD's to SSD drives) Blu-ray...
  12. lizard84

Evolution Continues

Sold the MMG's, not enough room, switched old XPA-3 for a Gen 2 and moved it to center/surround duty. Added 3 Salk WOW1's and Salk/Rythmik sub, McIntosh MC7270, Modwright LS-100,, Furman PF-15i power conditioner. Other than adding a phono section to the Modwright and switching out the 7.5...
  13. lizard84

Modwright LS-100

I posted these elsewhere on audiokarma but thought they may be of interest here. http://audiokarma.org/forums/showpost.php?p=7997865&postcount=135
  14. lizard84

Changes afoot

Out with the Maggies, loved them but the room was too small. Using Audioengine P4's speakers for now (they hit way above their weight class by the way) until my Salk's are finished in early September. 3 WOW1's and a Salk/Rythmik sub all in fiddleback walnut. Emotiva is being demoted to...
  15. lizard84

MC7270 Gain level starting point

Silly question #1: Picking up my 7270 this weekend, being it's my first mac I'm at a loss concerning gain levels, starting point at 12 o''clock? Will be pairing it with a Modwright LS-100
  16. lizard84

Never owned a McIntosh, but...?

Never owned a McIntosh but am thinking about a local buy, What's a MC7270 worth these days?
  17. lizard84

Tube preamps opinions $2500 and under

Looking to add a tube preamp into my system and want to get some opinions on my short list and any omissions I may have missed. I want to stay in the $2500 & under range. Current amp doing front and center duty is an Emotiva XPA-3, I don’t want to get into a debate on the ups or downs of the...
  18. lizard84

New additions

Changed turntables, Pro-ject Debut carbon with speed box & acrylic platter, plus a Panasonic 65 inch plasma. Still need some serious cable management and some room treatments. More to come.
  19. lizard84

Bed/Tube Room

Starting to put together a system in the bedroom. Jolida FX-10 amp Pure i-20 for connecting iPad or iPod Audioengine P4's Toshiba HD-A30 HD-DVD player for CD player (pulled from storage till I get something better)
  20. lizard84

Vincent SA-31 or Parasound 2100 Pre Amp

Looking for a new or new to me dedicated preamp and these two are on my short list, I have done a search and found some old threads but I'm interested to see more current opinions. The Parasound 2100 is perfect in the sense that it has a HT bypass, but I've heard great things about SA-31 from...
  21. lizard84

More stuff

More stuff, Akai GX-230D Wife not amused with the trend. Oh well...
  22. lizard84

Akai GX-230D or Akai GX-4000D

Akai GX-230D or Akai GX-4000D Which one do I buy? Both in great shape.
  23. lizard84

A few adjustments

Added oak stands to Maggie's, picked up a second Sansui SR-313 on eBay but local so I could pick up, this one complete with box down to the warranty card and a Shure m91ed. Also brought an ortofon om10 super to try. Still need to get some better pics.
  24. lizard84

1st Turntable in 30 years

Picked up a Sansui SR-313 today, works 100%, looks about 80%. Has new belt Stanton Pickering cartridge with new stylus (according to seller) Sounded fine at demo. I've got about 200 lP's I haven't used in over 30 years, most with about 2 or 3 plays on them because I would tape them and play the...
  25. lizard84

Lizard84's System

Magnepan MMG's Magnepan MMGC Boston Acoustics A100 Series III surrounds Advent New Advent Loudspeakers stacked with woofers together feeding 80hz down. Yamaha RXV667 for Pre amp and surrounds, two sub outs input into Yamaha HTR-5940 in straight setting feeding the stacked Advent's. Yam 667...
Back
Top Bottom