Search results

1. Chazzer

One of my co-workers recently asked me if I wanted "a big old cassette deck that her father...

One of my co-workers recently asked me if I wanted "a big old cassette deck that her father left." I said sure........ It turns out that it is a Teac AL-700 Elcaset. Unfortunately she had no tapes. Do you have a couple that you would/could part with? Let me know Thanks, Chuck
  2. Chazzer

Another thread asking if these large speakers look familiar to anyone...

Vandersteen 1 or 1a......I think. They look like a pair that i have.
  3. Chazzer

PSB Stratus Mini

The PSB mini was designed to be on a fairly tall stand. I have the factory stands that could/are filled with lead shot for added weight, stability, and proper height.
  4. Chazzer

Infinity rs5 any good "pics"

Yes....they are adequate
  5. Chazzer

Infinity rs5 any good "pics"

The above picture is of the same model I have and are not amplified.
  6. Chazzer

What is the value of a Teac X-10R reel to reel?

About $775.00. Give or take $100.00. This was derived from 6 Ebay completed listings just now.
  7. Chazzer

Pics of your listening space

I like the carpet. is that one you found locally?
  8. Chazzer

The rarest speakers you own or have owned?

Apogee (Acoustics) Studio Grand.
  9. Chazzer

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

February 7, 2006
  10. Chazzer

VAC PA-45 information

Here is a phone number: 941.952.9695. I think they are a smallish family run business so correspondence may be tuff. I have one of there very early tube DAC's. It's called the VAC - DAC. I have yet to try it out.
  11. Chazzer

"These Are Not The Woofers Were Looking For"

They did in fact come with the PG cones. However, if the cones are damaged there are no replacements to be had. I have a very nice pair of the DSS9's that have had the cones replaced with paper by Simply Speakers. The voice coils are original. I'm sure there are some sonic differences. I doubt...
  12. Chazzer

What was your first system?

February 1979: Sansui G9000DB, Kenwood KD-500 turntable, and a pair or Kenwood KL-888S Speakers. That's what my $1000.00 loan from American Express bank bought me as a private in the Army stationed in Germany.
  13. Chazzer

Sansui BA-5000 - fair price

Ask the owner what they want for them and go from there. I'm sure the owner has an idea. Of course the usual caveats apply......cosmetics and the ability to test. If they are still in the storage unit take a preamp, source, and speakers in case there is power to test.
  14. Chazzer

The ultimate FB audio ad

Wouldn't suprise me if it is one of "us"!
  15. Chazzer

I am interested/want the RCM :)

I am interested/want the RCM :)
  16. Chazzer

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

The RCM is A Nitty Gritty Manual machine. If you look closely you will see a red switch. That is what turns on the built in vacuum. The worn brush area(called "lips" by the manufacturer) is a peel and stick replacement.. I would have grabbed that without a second thought.
  17. Chazzer

Aspirational Vintage Speakers

I have the passive DAX units for both pair. The Active DAX is/was one that requires(d) some crossover modifications, depending on which speaker you were using, as described in its owners manual. So.....I guess I shouldn't mention the Slant 6's doing closet duty or the Magnepan MG-IIIA's under...
  18. Chazzer

Aspirational Vintage Speakers

I will second these (Studio Grands)! I currently have these as my main system speakers. I have a pair of the Mini Grands in a second system. The only downsides that I have found with the Studio Grands is that placement is key and they are a real pain to move around to get the placement right...
  19. Chazzer

Infinity Kappa 8

Really? I thought all of the above is/was a prerequisite for membership here on Audiokarma! :)
  20. Chazzer

Pioneer M-90 amp and C-90 preamp--fair price?

The voltage selector is a known weak link...its plastic. There are 2 voltage selector switches on the M-90. The one that is turned to the various voltages with a small screwdriver is the one that always fails. Mine failed. I searched for other multi-voltage units of the era made by Pioneer and...
  21. Chazzer

Best Classified Ad I Have Seen in a While

I sent this by email: Thank You for the honest ad! I will offer you 10,000 for it. All i ask is for proof that the dirt and filth in and on the unit is older than the unit itself. Proof would be a signed certificate of authenticity by Bill Nye aka The science guy. Notice the 10,000.........it...
  22. Chazzer

ISO 1 sorbothane bushing for Oracle Delphi MKii turntable

ISO 2 sorbothane bushing for Oracle Delphi MKii turntable
  23. Chazzer

Sugar Cube 2 Beta

My thoughts too. A"new" Burwen machine. However, the cost has been adjusted for inflation....$1999.99. I have 3 Burwens and an SAE so I'll be ok.
  24. Chazzer

Pionner PL-90 price check

Between $1000.00 and $2000.00 depending on condition.
  25. Chazzer

What would you Do? Speaker purchase advice needed.

The Apogee's in the corner are either the Stage or the Stage section of the Mini Grand.
Back
Top Bottom