Search results

1. audiogem

What is your Avatar??

It's a small (and cheap) "Meng Aria" .... sweet sounding chinese tube amplifier. Below is my Marantz 63 KIS CD player. .... And a glass of my favorite malt on top of it. Heaven in a square foot!
  2. audiogem

Take a look at this!

I thought I should share it with you, guys (... and dolls!) I was searching the net for a small AKAI cassette deck I came across at my today's walk to the local flea market, when I found this: [URL="http://forum.vintage-audio-laser.com/galerie-photos/topic56.html"] A French vintage audio...
  3. audiogem

New to me....Akai X-2000SD rTr

Here's mine: A great RtR (and 8track and cassette). Bought it in flea market, brought it home (my back still hurts!), fired it up .... and never looked back! Good luck with yours .... the power plug should not be difficult to replace. I hope it needs nothing more than that and a proper...
  4. audiogem

How many different tape machines have you had/have now?

... but with such temperamental function keys. It has seen twice the service men and it still is not responding to my tender touch! I can only operate it through the remote control (luckily there is one),
  5. audiogem

How many different tape machines have you had/have now?

Well .... if memory serves: HAVE: R2R TEAC A1230 SONY TC377 AKAI X2000SD UHER 520 B&O 1800 PHILIPS 4510 SONY TC630 BRAUN TG1000 CASSETTE NAKs: 700, 600, 500, 480, BX100 TEACs: V7010, A800, A450, A360, A350, A220, A170, A400 AKAIs: GX-75, GXC 46D, GXC 39D, CS 34D, CS 30D...
  6. audiogem

I think i bought too many cassette decks.....

And I thought I had a problem ...... 37 and counting ..... :scratch2: Well, I have the solution: Buy more!
  7. audiogem

so good...that you ended up buying another one ?

AR speakers ..... 7 6 4xa .... need more!
  8. audiogem

Vintage Hi-Fi Ads

Thank you, thank you, thank you..... :tresbon: No, we can't thank you enough for this great link! :thmbsp:
  9. audiogem

Sony HF-Not As Bad As Some People Say

I was testing an AKAI GXC-46D cassette deck and I randomly picked up a very old and used SONY HF cassette. When I finished recording and hit RW-PLAY, I could not believe my ears. The HF sounded crisp as a TDK SA I was testing before, maybe better. A rough diamond?
  10. audiogem

Here's an Unusual One: Eumig High-End Cass. Deck

Eumig .... they made amazing cassette decks. Their first one, the famous "Metropolitan" was built like a tank. Weighted tons. I have one of them. I'm not using it because it has an issue with the Dolby circuit, no way it can be repaired. But when I get to make it record properly, it...
  11. audiogem

What Were Some Of The Worst Speakers You Have Owned ?

(Teledyne) AR 8s
  12. audiogem

Pics of your listening space

Just ... 4 of my systems....
  13. audiogem

Top three vintage speaker, vote please!

I'll copy Snade and Robie, but I coudn't think of anything else: 1. AR 3a 2. Large Advents 3. Dynaco A-25
  14. audiogem

Your best sounding recording!

Christian McBride "gettin' to it" ..... acoustic bass at its best!
  15. audiogem

Ye Olde Shameless Thrift Store Tape Scrounger

And I thought I was the only one walking in flea markets buying any respectable cassette for sale! My preference is RTR, but they're so hard to find. If I come across a pile of cassettes and I can see any TDK SAs, MAXELL XL I or IIs, and any kind of Metal, they're mine! I enjoy listening to them...
  16. audiogem

Teac A-3340S

Right Manitoulin, PC cord, trimmed to the sides, worked (and still does) for my A 1230. :thmbsp:
  17. audiogem

What motivates us to pursue vintage audio?

The ability to buy equipment that once cost your monthly salaryX10 with .... pocket money. Plus, my wife won't let me have a 30 year old brunette in my basement listening room. :nono: For a 30 year old Marantz, she will not make a big fuss .... I hope....... :D
  18. audiogem

Refinishing vintage speakers and $$$$

Thanks very much for the info, ARguy. I didn't know the difference between British and USA made ARs. Now I'm feeling much better - the brown grill clothe on my 7s looks quite good and factory installed. If I can't find any cream coloured AR clothe, I'll leave it as it is. If you finally make...
  19. audiogem

Any 8-track collectors out there?

I've been running across hundreds of old 8-track cartridges in the flea markets. I bought several (close to 100). But I never had an 8-track deck. So I bought ....4. The first 3 didn't even light up. I plugged the 4th. A JVC 1260U player/recorder. After a little cleaning and lubing, I hooked it...
  20. audiogem

Refinishing vintage speakers and $$$$

Hoping I'm still on topic. Where do you find grille clothe as close to the original as it possibly gets? I 've just bought a pair or AR-7 s and they have a brown grille clothe! (some fool thought brown looks better on early 70s ARs! :thumbsdn: ). I'm trying to bring them back to their original...
  21. audiogem

Technics RS 630 US cassette deck

Thanks for the info Kenwoodlover. That's all I needed to know. I'll keep you posted when it arrives. Could you mention the best sounding cassettes on the particular deck? There's also a review for this deck in the russian site "analogaudio" melofelo and countzero posted (thanks guys, great...
  22. audiogem

nudie of marantz 2015

Here's mine (sorry, no nudie!) If it only had the wooden case! ...... but the sound is sooooooo sweet........ :music:
  23. audiogem

Akai Freebie-Luck Might Be A Changin

:jawdrop: An Akai GXC 570 for free? :tresbon: The TOTL of Akai cassette decks, 1977 era....... and EVER! Even if it needs a lot of TLC, what can I say? Some guys have all the luck. Enjoy your new deck - you'll never want to buy or listen to another one! :thmbsp:
  24. audiogem

Technics RS 630 US cassette deck

My good old Pionner CTF-2121 gave up the ghost (needs new heads and capstan). So I bought (e-bay) a Technics RS 630 US cassette deck (it's still in the mail, coming over from Germany). Do you guys know anything about this deck? As far as I remember (30 years back!) it was a very good deck. I...
  25. audiogem

Biggest bargains missed.

Last week in the local flea market. I spotted a pair of big Advents. The guy wanted 20 Euros (for the pair). The woofers needed refoaming, but that wasn't what stopped me. The cabinets were PAINTED black, they were ugly! I continued my walk and decided to go back and offer 10 euros. By the time...
Back
Top Bottom