Search results

1. R

Cart suggestions for Techics 1200 mk2

I am a little intimidated with aligning carts, never done it before...which is why the KAB Ortofon is something I'm considering. That being said if another cart is that much more sonically superior then it's something I would consider. I have been also looking at preamps. Was looking at the...
  2. R

Those KAB Carts are interesting. Also read about a Stanton model. Has anyone compared the KAB carts they offer?
  3. R

I like my vintage gear, but I got tired of always fussing with something so I decided on a mint 1200 mk2. The cart it had somehow got broken by one of the kiddos, that being said I wasn't all that thrilled with it anyway. I believe it was a AT. I have done a few searches and I am still...
  4. R

German made ASW Cantius M series

Yes The model I was looking at is the ML5 which is older
  5. R

Thanks Ragnar Odd not to find much on a speaker these days on the interweb
  6. R

Any feedback on these good or bad? Cant find much online, cant read German anyway Thnx
  7. R

EPI-Epicure Speaker Family

Is there any difference between EPI and Genesis drivers? If so what are they and what is better IYO?
  8. R

Correct me if Im wrong, i only saw 8 inch drivers offered on the site Thats another great tidbit, i need to look into Genesis
  9. R

I just checked out both models online...very cool Been considering Diy project but have very limited time.and 2 kids under 3 so thats not going to happen anytime soon. The passive radiators.remind me.of the klipsh speakers
  10. R

Greetings, I own (owned) several pairs of vintage speakers ADS, Dynaco, Klipsh, American Monitor... But my absolute favorite are the EPI 150's that I own. They seem to capture the vintage vibe yet are very detailed and clean, decent bass for the size. I have been shopping for some more...
  11. R

Can a missing dust cap damage a speaker?

Currently looking at some vintage speakers for sale The seller purchased the speakers missing the dust cap. Being most speaker designs were acoustic suspension in that era I read that the loss of preassure being the cap is missing could damage the speaker? Just wanted to verify if there...
  12. R

American Monitor 18XP's?

Looks more like a 15 assuming the mid drivers ar 4" like other models I'm looking at a pair of AM Model 14xp with 1 4" aqnd a 12" I currently own the model 8 with a 6.5" I have to say I am very impressed with the sound of these, somewhat EPI'ish but a little more flat overall. Really...
  13. R

American Monitor Model 8 Speakers?

http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=99668&highlight=American+Monitor Post #8 has the logo in question, different model then mine This is the only thread and basic info I can find on these
  14. R

American Monitor Model 8 Speakers?

Any info on these vintage speakers? Can't find really anything online Just picked them up for 10.00 at a local garage sale. Speakers are well built and magnet seems heavy, surrounds in great shape! It has a blue MA badge, It took me a long time of searching the net to find anything out...
  15. R

The TSA destroyed my turntable...

FED ex it with proper.insurance.only way to.go
  16. R

Dual 1266 vs 1229

It appears the 1229 is sold The seller of the 1226 wants 125.00, seems a little on the high side? A 1257 just came available with a Pickering cart for about half the price
  17. R

Dual 1266 vs 1229

1226 My appologies
  18. R

Dual 1266 vs 1229

Heard good things about Dual TT Looking at these two.models.wondering whixh way to go The 1266 has a Audio Technica cart, not sure about the 1229 but anticipating replacing the cart anyways Which model is better? Also when i test drive these what should i pay special attention to with...
  19. R

Detroit CL Heads Up - SL1200 MK2 $100

If the seller is unwilling to answer a few basic questions $5 or $100 i wont do the deal! Not sure why your getting off saying I have a shitty attitude I bought thousands of dollars worth of gear on CL, it is not too much to.ask about the history and condition of an item Best of luck with...
  20. R

I emailed the seller, said he/she still had them Replied back with a few basic questions, you original owner, condition etc. Never got a response back, yeah I think I'll pass:thumbsdn:
  21. R

Just read a doosey of a thread about this table that got closed What's the skinny, these any good? More for DJ's it seems, from what a read not a overly warm in tone? Tnx
  22. R

Vintage Audio

Funny how the gear back in the 60's and 70's were not as efficient and didn't have the frequency response of the modern gear. But nobody ever said Jamerson's bass tone sucked, or Entwistle tone sounded like crap, or Hendrix's strat sounds thin. Vintage gear also has some of the same warmth...
  23. R

The Crappiest Sounding Record I've EVER HEARD!!!

I am really unimpressed with the mix on most of Led Zepplin's albums The lsound on the later Lennon stuff is not very good I agree
  24. R

Pioneer Sx-737 Cracking Sound?

Hello all Just picked up this vintage receiver I have to say I really like the warm sound, I haven't A/B'd it to the Marantz yet but I think it will be a tough showdown. At a little louder volumes I noticed one channel became scratchy and cuts out a little bit when the music got bassy...
  25. R

Considering these used turntables in my area

About an hour after posting this the Kenwood listing was gone Hope its coincidence
Back
Top Bottom