Search results

1. NOSValves

Tung-sol 7591

Well looks like New Sensor must have listened to what I have been spouting off about on the EH7868 for years...I heard through a grape vine that they have or are about to release under the Tung-sol name a 7591....and from what I was told it is the EH7868 rebased to be the exact same size and...
  2. NOSValves

Oh the Joy

One of the Joy's of being in the biz...manufacturers allow you to squeeze them for free tubes and other components for evaluation :thmbsp: Too early to form an opinion just got a chance to get them hot... my NBS prototype preamp is on the bench for some tweaking so it maybe a few days before I...
  3. NOSValves

Can sound quality be measured?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-20113895-47/can-sound-quality-be-measured/ I've met a lot of audio designers in my time, and all of the best ones have one thing in common, they have great "ears." They know what good sound sounds like. The opposite camp is populated with engineers that...
  4. NOSValves

January SMAC meet?

When and where is it? Also is it known when/where the February meet will be? Craig
  5. NOSValves

Merry Christmas tube heads!

Hope all you guys and gals are having a wonderful Christmas!
  6. NOSValves

Dynavector tube gear

Anyone know that the phono cartirdge company Dynector made tube gear in the late 70's? I had a customer drop off 4 different pieces a week ago and man is this stuff well built... He dropped off a DV3000 Gold preamplifier, DV8250 stereo power amplifier and a pair of DV8100 mono blocks. All 4...
  7. NOSValves

Jay....

I was feeling generous this morning and wrote this up but the thread got locked before I posted it..... But then I am what I am and wrote what I wrote LOL!!! Anyway here is my suggestion for your bias setup Well Jay it's knew days and I'm feeling generous. for biasing if you want a single...
  8. NOSValves

EICO 2200 tuner Schematic

Anyone happen to have a 2200 schematic or even better a service manual? Craig
  9. NOSValves

Question for AL K.

Al, I have a spare set of Lascala bass bins and lately have been wondering if an easy way exists with my ALK Jr. crossovers to add them to my existing setup. So if there nnyway to mod the ALK Jr. to run two Lascala bass bins? Just thought it might be a fun little thing to play with...
  10. NOSValves

RS-232 schematic anyone?

Anyone happen to have a Scat for the Pilot RS-232 stereo power amp by any chance ? Thanks in advance Craig
  11. NOSValves

Not much response?

I'm surprised at how few folks have commented on what the liked at the Fest this year. I always look forward to reading different peoples opinions on the different systems. I'd comment but I spent about zero times in rooms other then my own...
  12. NOSValves

Happy New Year!

To all my Tube freak buddies!! Even you PakProtector ;) May we make an effort this year to not read each others posts LOL!!
  13. NOSValves

Fisher KX-100 Schematic

I could of sworm I have a copy of this schematic around here but I'll be darned if I can find it. Does any Ak'er happen to have one they could email me? craigostby@comcast.net Thanks Craig
  14. NOSValves

AKfester's

Some one was by my room Sunday snapping pictures of my setup. I would love to have a copy of those photo's but for the darned of me I'm completely blank on who it was? Not surprising since I was completely burned out by mid day Sunday. Any way it would be great if you could email me the full...
  15. NOSValves

Mojo what happened with your project?

I was just flipping through here and realized I might of missed the outcome of your project. Craig
  16. NOSValves

KX100 Schematic

Ak'ers anyone have a KX100 schematic or a good working model that you could peak under the chassis and get me a power tube cathode resistor value from? I have 2 of these amps to rebuild and wouldn't you know both have burned up power tube cathode resistors...
  17. NOSValves

SET guy's

There is a thread on the Klipsch forum where a guy is looking for a cost no object USA made 2A3 based set of amplifiers. My mind came to a blank. Mind you he is not looking for run of the mill like Wrights and I personally don't care for what I have seen come out of the Cary camp. Welbourne...
  18. NOSValves

6C33C-B dual triode

It really was one heck of a nice sounding amp for the price of admission especially if SET is you cup of tea (If it is SET you have me wondering now). I'm not sure about the 6C33-B being a dual triode? I believe it was used in the Russian Migs as some type of Scope tube? The imformation on this...
  19. NOSValves

ST70 Historian's

I have a aftermarket ST70 front end board here that changes the tube compliment to a 6GH8 rather then 7199 the PCB is green all connections are Identical to original. I also believe the circuit is pretty much dead on Identical to original except the pin out change. Anyone have a clue who the...
  20. NOSValves

Tubino check this out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47093&item=7316484025&rd=1
  21. NOSValves

In Search of.......

I'm searching for a couple schematics for a Fisher preamp 400C and amplifier SA-300 I have a pair on my bench that were touched by a ape so I have to get a point of reference to see what is what. Thanks in advance if anyone has a line on them...
  22. NOSValves

"6moons" Reviews the BlueBerry - Just Out

Check it out pretty good read http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/juicymusic/blueberry.html
  23. NOSValves

Before you fuse your cathodes check this out

Pretty interesting read. http://www.audionote.co.uk/tweaks/art_fusing_valves.htm
  24. NOSValves

JJ Telsa 7591 deal

Anyone interested in the new 7591 tubes from JJ Telsa I have a deal worked out for a slight break. Just email me at craigostby@comcast.net and I will reply with the information. Craig
  25. NOSValves

Thought I would share this thread here also !

I'm going to do this in parts and keep posting them to this thread as I get each section done so if you find this interesting keep checking back as I update this thread. First up is the replacement of the always bad Selenium rectifier I have never seen one of these that wasn't putting out...
Back
Top Bottom