Search results

1. Texas42

Marantz Model 500 - Your Thoughts

10 years late to this thread….but so it is. I just picked up a Marantz Model 500 amp in a trade today. Haven’t had time to do anything with it yet. I was told it was recently serviced within the past year. I think it is stock as the lights look a bit dim (to me) so might be a good candidate...
  2. Texas42

Chronology of Speakers you've owned?

One more update as I’ve gone through a few pairs since last update. Current speakers are now: Chartwell LS3/5A (1978 models) KEF 107/2 Zu Omens (again) Gallo Reference 3.0 Emerald Physics CS 2.7 (open baffle with external XO/EQ Sold in the last year- Revel Performa F208, Vandersteen 3A Sigs...
  3. Texas42

I think so, he was living in Richmond KY and moving up to Michigan or Wisconsin I believe and traveling back and forth. I also bought some Alta Audio Rheas from him. Very nice guy.
  4. Texas42

Wow, those look like the same Gershman Sonograms I currently have. I wonder if they are the same pair? Before them the list starts with: Gershman Acoustics Sonograms From here things get a little cloudy, but there were JBL 4312's, Bose 901 series I or II, can't remember. Before them is a...
  5. Texas42

Carvers, probably top 30%. I like Open baffle speakers and these were the first of that type I've owned. I did like the Platinums a bit better than the Silvers.
  6. Texas42

Not MAD actually...maybe fickle to a certain point. I just like experimenting with different speaker designs. Also I was in the military for 23 years which required a lot of moves and I've found new room acoustics often affected what sounded best in a given room. I actually have an audio...
  7. Texas42

Haven't updated mine in a while and I might be forgetting some of them (sad to say some 'were' quite forgettable!) The 3 sets in Bold (ATC, Klipsch and KEF) are my current speakers. Acoustic Research AR-9 Acoustat Spectra 11 ADS L-590 Advent (stacked) Alon Model IV X2 Altec (Onken build) Horn...
  8. Texas42

Adding to my previous over-sized list from where it left off from about a year ago: Tyler Acoustics D1s Emerald Physics EP 2.3 Zu Omens Revel Salon 1's (and several models from my previous list I've owned before and continue to revisit)
  9. Texas42

Going to finish with my final list, updated. I've been through way too many speakers but at least am finishing with some of my all time favorites. Currrent speakers are: Klipsch Klipschorn, Tannoy DC8 ti, KEF 107/2, B&W 801 Matrix Anniversary Edition and KEF 104 (original version). Speakers...
  10. Texas42

What artist/band had the biggest influence on your musical taste?

For me (in order) 1. Moody Blues 2. Kansas 3. Yes 4. Pink Floyd Excellent musicians, good melodies, great prog rock.
  11. Texas42

Klipsch Forte value?

I've owned dozens of Klipsch speakers, to include darn near every model they have ever made. Owned the Forte's (both I's and II's) several times a well and keep an eye on their pricing. The most I've seen Forte's sell for (locally, via CList or other private sales) is around $600 in near mint...
  12. Texas42

Sansui G-901 and Subs?

I will give her a shot. Thanks much for the reply!
  13. Texas42

Sansui G-901 and Subs?

Ok, as I mentioned in a previous thread, I just obtained a Sansui G-901 and trying to find the best sounding speaker I can to work with them. I finally hooked them up to a pair of big Onken designs (Alec 511B horn, XO, etc) and they do sound great, although I can hear some horn hiss about a...
  14. Texas42

Anyone recognize these ball speakers?

Those are the Gallo Nucleus Micro with Gallo Stands. I've owned them before. Great imaging but you need a sub (Gallo or otherwise) to balance them out. You can check them at Gallo's website; roundsound.com
  15. Texas42

Back to Sansui

Forgot to include a pic of the receiver I am referring to.
  16. Texas42

Back to Sansui

Well, I started this crazy hobby back in 1979 with a big Sansui G-8700db receiver and some forgettable (really, I can't remember the model number) Sansui speakers. I've owned 100s of pairs of speakers since then running the full gamut of mainstream to exotic high end. Nostalgia though has...
  17. Texas42

Wow, haven't been on the board a while and realized I started this thread almost 10 years ago. I would have to do some serious head scratching to update my list from that point. I'm not sure if I haven't doubled my original list since then with at least another 60-80 pairs of speakers. I am...
  18. Texas42

Infinity Modulus Speakers followed me home...

I have two pair of the Modulus Sats (one with the proprietary stands) and one of the Modulus subs. Really a hard to find system and sounds extremely nice. Wish I didn't have so many pairs of speakers at times so I could really take the time to enjoy them again.
  19. Texas42

Mac service in Texas

No, just replaced all the lights and cleaned up some oxidation that resided in it (bought from the original owner who had not used it in a few years). On the C-29, I also had the lights replaced as well as the faceplate as it arrived smashed in shipment. Also had him clean all the switches and...
  20. Texas42

Mac service in Texas

Sorry, I know I'm late to this conversation, but Bjorn's Audio/Video in San Antonio (3 hours drive from Houston) is one of the country's oldest (and biggest) McIntosh service centers. I took both my MC-7300 and C-29 for service and in both cases not only was the work accomplished perfectly but...
  21. Texas42

Need Service Manual for RT-909

Looking for original or pristine copy of the Pioneer RT-909. I have a copy scanned but the schematic isn't real clear (as it has been reduced and enlarged too many times I think). I have it in being serviced but the repair guy says the schematic is very difficult to read so thought I'd just...
  22. Texas42

Good source for RT-909 Capstan Rollers?

Looking for a place to buy a set (2) capstan rollers for my RT-909 I'm trying to get up and running again. Not sure if these can be purchased as new OEM part or do I need to scour ebay for a used set?
  23. Texas42

Need schematic for RT-909

PM back at ya....thanks..
  24. Texas42

Kevin, Thanks for the link, but it doesn't seem to accept the listed Password. I'm logged in correctly and am using the username and password listed for this database. Any hints would be appreciated (I check upper/lower case stuff, etc).
  25. Texas42

Anyone have a schematic for an RT-909 they can copy/scan or fax, etc? I particularly need the schematic for the control board. Appreciate an assist from any Pioneer collectors out there.
Back
Top Bottom