Search results

1. P

Sony XA 9000 ES issues

Player has trouble playing hybrid SACDs on two channel only. Plays fine on multi-channel, but my system is two channel only, so... Whirring sound and nothing happens, except a "TOC error" message on occasion. Before I send it in for repairs is there anything I can do to make sure the...
  2. P

the "I wish I could hear this for the first time" thread

Toshiko Akiyoshi/Lew Tabackin Big Band "Tales of a Courtesan (Oriantan)" LP. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_a_Courtesan_%28Oirantan%29
  3. P

Prelude MTS drivers

All is well that ends well Well I replaced the driver in the noisy speaker last weekend and listened to a lot of piano this week as the noise was heard mostly on piano music, and all is now well with the speaker in question. Strangely enough though the mystery of the "faulty" driver is still...
  4. P

Prelude MTS drivers

The drivers were delivered today. Seems there was no fee for brokerage or customs duties, unless the invoice will be sent separately by DHL. Total cost for two 3.5 CMMD drivers with Pay Pal fee and shipping is 311.11 euros or about $406 CND. Does anybody know where I can get a service...
  5. P

Prelude MTS drivers

Hi, I have found a pair from Germany. The price factoring in the shipping, brokerage and duties will be steep, but it is orders of magnitude less than finding anything comparable as replacement speakers. Thanks to all for the help. A special tip of the hat to StimpyWan for providing me...
  6. P

Prelude MTS drivers

Thanks, I can't even figure out how to remove these drivers from the tower, although I haven't really tried as yet. Called Harmon and the call was transferred to the parts department. Had to leave a voice-mail. No one called back. I am not holding my breath. Sent an email to the UK...
  7. P

Prelude MTS drivers

Jt 45, They are CMMD drivers and it is 3.5 inches in diameter. I left a message at the Canadian distributor asking them to see if any replacement drivers were available for some of the newer speakers using such a driver and asking whether it might be a substitute for the original one. No...
  8. P

Prelude MTS drivers

Thanks, Seeing as though they have no replacement parts, can the drivers not be repaired in some way? Thanks! PS I guess that Harmon attitude settles any notion I may have had of finding a nice pair of Revel Salons!
  9. P

Prelude MTS drivers

Thanks. I dealt with the Canadian distributor here in Montreal, JAM industries. They are always very helpful. Harmon, on the other hand, excludes inquiries by people not in the US from their product support section of their site. I have sent emails to Harmon and to two repair facilities...
  10. P

American Pickers

Sorry I can't stand those guys. The Canadian equivalent has two guys whose personalities appeal more to me. The fellow with the long hair and cowboy hat has a twinkle in is eye. I just find the American Pickers to be, respectively, annoying (the taller guy) and dull (the stockier guy)...
  11. P

Prelude MTS drivers

I have been hearing a sort of rattling noise from one of my speakers for a while now, usually when listening to piano music at the start of and during a crescendo. It is audible, but not very loud, so that it takes a while to admit to one's self that there is something actually wrong...
  12. P

Opinions on JVC TTs

Table delivered earlier this morning in very nice shape even for something that started out life in 1978! I have no cart for it as yet (just ordered one from J&R) it spins at 33, it spins at 45, the brake works, the arm lift works and everything seems fine. So this eBay purchase was a...
  13. P

What TT's do you folks have

Rega P9/Rega1000/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, and just in this morning a JVC QL-A7 for which I just ordered a Shure M97Xe.
  14. P

Opinions on JVC TTs

I just bought a JVC QL-A7 which should be delivered by the postman any day now. I don't know where you guys go to get the bargains. I got mine at a good price (well subject to giving it a good look when it gets here...) but the prices I see on E Bay and other sites are now, to my mind, very...
Back
Top Bottom