Search results

1. Bonder

Has anyone found a pair of speakers and said "I'm done"?

I paid $900 CAD, all caps in the crossover had been replaced with Solens. I just needed to refoam the woofers.
  2. Bonder

Has anyone found a pair of speakers and said "I'm done"?

After owning 30+ different speakers over the past 40 years I stopped looking about 6 years ago after buying a pair of AR 9's.
  3. Bonder

Your Favorite Singer / Songwriters... Go!

Greg Brown John Hiatt John Prine Jason Is bell Janis Ian Lyle Lovett
  4. Bonder

Please Post Your Vintage AR Speakers

My AR 9's with felt removed.....
  5. Bonder

How many run a subwoofer w/ their 2 channel stereo?

I run a 10 inch Velodyne Mini Vee with my bookshelf's to get that fullness in my music... The key is not to over do it IMO.
  6. Bonder

AR90 Speakers Found Curbside. What do I Have Here?

Contratts! Good Karma
  7. Bonder

ar 10pi

Nice pickup! Those are one of the few speakers left on my list to try...
  8. Bonder

paradigm tweeter replacement

I'd give Paradigm another call, whenever I've called them to inquire on old parts they've always been quite responsive. Keep an eye on Kijiji and Canuck Audio mart, these parts come up from time to time. Good luck.
  9. Bonder

smaller sub

Just picked up a Velodyne Minvee 10 inch sealed sub for my den, it's a perfect compliment to my standmounts (Monitor Audio RX1's).
  10. Bonder

Show me your AR speakers!

Thanks Stimpy, yes refinished these last year by taking the black felt off with a heat gun and a putty knife. Confirmed walnut is under the black paint, a light sanding removed the paint. Drugolf, sad to say but I recently sold the SX-5580 as I just wasn't using it, it was a tough decision...
  11. Bonder

Show me your AR speakers!

Have had my AR9's for a few years and have stopped looking for something to better them, very non fatiguing, not to mention the bass being spot on.
  12. Bonder

The first compact discs arrived in American stores on this day in 1983!

First cd's I purchased were Bob Seger's Night Moves and AC/DC Highway to Hell. My first player (Technics SL-P8) lasted about 10 years until the laser went and couldn't be replaced, or at least that's what my shop told me.
  13. Bonder

Cerwin Vega T15 rebuild / repair

Nice, that should shake your house to the rafters! How are the foams on the woofers? Might want to keep an eye on them in case they start to fall apart, easy enough to fix though.
  14. Bonder

Best glue ( in Canada ) for CV surrounds

I use Ailleens tacky glue, you can get it at Michaels....
  15. Bonder

Cerwin Vega T15 rebuild / repair

Nice Find, those are quite rare. I'd pull the mids and test them without the crossover, those are very hefty mids, hard to imagine they're blown.
  16. Bonder

show me your AR9's

Yes, they came off in one piece, i used a heat gun and a putty scrapper, slow and easy.
  17. Bonder

show me your AR9's

Here's my "naked" AR 9's, removing the foam/felt didn't change the sound to my ears... I love the look of these.
  18. Bonder

Wharfedale E90

That's a great pair of speakers, hard to find today. Can you post a few pics? The surrounds might be able to be re-glued fairly easily, the spiders will require a more experienced touch. If you intend to keep these for awhile I'd consider taking them to a reputable speaker shop unless...
  19. Bonder

Kenwood KA-9100 / KT-8300 value

Yes that's a very good deal assuming they're in good shape.
  20. Bonder

Cerwin Vera Grill Cloth

Give these guys a call, they're reputable and reasonably close. http://www.simplyspeakers.com/
  21. Bonder

Cerwin Vera Grill Cloth

What color are those clothes? Black or brown? Usually there's lots of options on Ebay unless you have a local stereo shop that may have something in stock that might work.
  22. Bonder

original Bose 301s worth restoring?

I'll bite and go against the flow here, for $40 I'd buy a pair of 301's every day of the week if they only need foam. An additional $10-$15 investment in foam and 30 minutes of your time and you can flip them for a 300+% return all day long. OK, perhaps 300% is optimistic, but I can't see how...
  23. Bonder

Please recommend an integrated amp for this situation

I'd consider a Sansui AU 5900 or 6900, the nice thing with those amps is that they have 2 AUX jacks...so a bit more flexible if you want to connect a laptop or phone to the amp. Plus they're purty:thmbsp:
  24. Bonder

Sony STR-7065

Try using some basic toothpaste to clean the face plate, there's enough mild abrasive that might clean those spots up without scratching, etc.
  25. Bonder

Cerwin Vega 15T Can Somebody tell me the value?

It's a 15" down firing woofer. Here's a bit of info from my archives.
Back
Top Bottom