Search results

1. C

Kenwood L-01T opinions needed

Thank you, Mike! :)
  2. C

Kenwood L-01T opinions needed

How would you compare and contrast a modded/refurbished Sansui TU-X1 with a modded/refurbished Kenwood L-01T in terms of sensitivity and sound quality?
  3. C

Bob's Tuner Tales

Thank you! I have some contributions/questions/threads...from back when they were still on Yahoo! Forums. I recently returned to FM after a several year hiatus (my hobbies are like that); I agree 100% in that they definitely know their stuff and are generally a very friendly lot! :-)
  4. C

Bob's Tuner Tales

My Current Top Tuners: -Sony ST-A7B (display is wonky/doesn't always lock properly) (need someone to bring it up to snuff) -Sansui TU-X1 -Nikko Gamma V (overhauled, modded, aligned) -Sony ST-S555ES (stock) -Sony ST-S555ES (upgraded/haven't heard it yet) -Mitsubishi DA-F20 (on deck to be...
  5. C

Tuners?

Have listened to/played with the following, plus some others I tried, sold, and then forgot about. I should have made a list way back at the beginning. I firmly blame Mr. doug s. for getting me invested in this hobby. :D In no particular order: Adcom GFT-555 II Philips 6731 Philips 185 Nikko...
  6. C

What is your prefrence ? Vintage or new in the under $1,000 HiFi?

Thank you for the update! I wound up picking up a Sansui X901 because I thought on the "bang for the buck" meter at under $500.00 it should sound pretty good, or, more importantly, not sound like much at all. :-) I'm hoping to find a tech within a couple hours drive of the lower Hudson...
  7. C

What is your prefrence ? Vintage or new in the under $1,000 HiFi?

I didn't see a followup as to how the big audio shootout went. Please, what did you find/what did you go with? How did the Rega compare to the vintage stuff?
  8. C

How many tuners do you have?

nailer, out of those, what were your first, second, and third top choices on sonics alone? Thank you!
  9. C

Acoustic Research AR-10pi (AR-10π)

—I heard a rumor you might have found a venerable Kenwood Supreme 500 to try them out with. ;-) Be sure to let us know if it does the trick.
  10. C

Bob's Tuner Tales

Hi, nailer! PM sent. :)
  11. C

Hello! I am looking for the best sounding tuner. I have tried: Accuphase T-100 (stock)...

Hello! I am looking for the best sounding tuner. I have tried: Accuphase T-100 (stock) Accuphase T-100 (modded) Harmon Kardon Citation 18 (stock) Harmon Kardon Citation 18 (modded) Nakamichi 430 (modded) Philips 6731 Philips 185 Akai AT-93 Onkyo T9 Kenwood L-07T II Nikko Gamma V...
  12. C

Upgrade from KA-9100?

Hi, everybody! I've been reading around on this site for around the last three years, but only posted a few times. But I think the time has come! :-) Right now, my primary source is CD and FM radio. Here are my current components: Sources: CD Player: Onkyo DX-1800, found for free...
  13. C

What's the best FLASHLIGHT you've ever had?

For those of you first stepping into the wonderful [-ly addicting] world of LED flashlights, I recommend you check out these two classic LED/light review sites for a start: The LED Museum: http://ledmuseum.home.att.net/ledleft.htm Flashlight Reviews.com...
  14. C

John in MA- you're totally correct on both accounts, the "Bose" status of Maglites, and their intellectual property tactics to block others. They are so similar, in fact, that when I mention to someone that I love vintage FM tuners, and someone turns to me and says, "FM? Isn't that for the...
  15. C

I'd have to say my favorite flashlight at the moment is the venerable Fenix L2P. Two AA batteries, and you're set for four+ hours of regulated light off Sanyo 2700maH cells. I have a Tiablo A8 on the way from Canada (originally from Hong Kong before that), which utilizes the Cree XR-E Q2...
Back
Top Bottom