Search results

1. Avocado Dream

Who uses a "Crystal Radio Rocket" Avatar?

Oh! hey, thanks for thinking of me Ultra-Hog. They do come up occasionally, that one closed @ $50, couple of years ago, one went for $60. I'd like to have one some day but with one girl in higher education and another one close and vacationing in Europe right now, my toys have to take a back...
  2. Avocado Dream

Electronics vacuum cleaner -- Is there such a thing?

I also have a set of those mini attachments, used with a Shark vacuum picked up on sale for $15. Like this - http://www.goodmans.net/item.asp?n=EU-EP033&k=EU-EP033&sc=DEALTIME Kinda neat cause its real small and has a shoulder strap to carry it around with. - Dave
  3. Avocado Dream

Any Friends of Bill W here @ AudioKarma

Still blessed, still crazy too and loving every minute. Couldn't have done it without my brothers and sisters - thanks! It's true, I did get everything back and more, much more, a second chance at life. - Dave
  4. Avocado Dream

He should keep this item, relly he should...

Owed two a Spell Chequer... Eye halve a spelling chequer; It came with my pea sea; It plainly marques four my revue Miss steaks eye kin knot sea. Eye strike a key and type a word End weight four it two say Weather eye am wrong our write - It shows me straight a weigh. As soon as a...
  5. Avocado Dream

USPS needs my phone number?

Could very well be a security measure. I did notice that it got here very fast, 6 days when 10 is the rule and the seller only charged about half what most sellers charge for shipping. For the curious, it was one of those Sony pocket radios, SRF-M37v, we can't get the "v" model here in...
  6. Avocado Dream

2 amps and 2 sets of speakers?

No, it shouldn't, the preamp has plenty of output for 2. - D
  7. Avocado Dream

2 amps and 2 sets of speakers?

Sure, just put a "Y" connector on the pre-outs of the Sansui, run 2 legs into the amp section and 2 legs into the Yamaha. The preamp section can feed more than 1 amp. - Dave
  8. Avocado Dream

Plain and simple. How should I do "Digital Music" for purity of sound?

Emu-0404 USB can do that, though it's not super high end, it is pretty versatile and sounds great to me, with the added bonus of a pretty good headphone amp. I consider it my best and most used piece of gear for under $200 that I ever bought new. I can't find any clear answers either, I rip...
  9. Avocado Dream

Adding external HD for WMP use on laptop.

You can monitor multiple folders, drive letter doesn't matter. I think that you can change folders in the main window upper left, click library and the drop down window has a folder option. Not absolutely sure about this cause I'm only monitoring one folder, you would have to experiment a...
  10. Avocado Dream

Adding external HD for WMP use on laptop.

I think I understand, Open WMP, go to tools, choose options, choose library near the top of this new window, click on monitor folders near the middle of this window, click on Add in this new window, In the new window click on My Computer, your external drive letter should be in there, click...
  11. Avocado Dream

happy birthday Unican_Eric!

Happy Birthday Eric, still young enough to have fun huh? I'm jealous. - Dave
  12. Avocado Dream

A streaming site like Pandora

Excellent, thanks Eric, I've been really missing Pandora since they shut us down. - Dave
  13. Avocado Dream

Marantz 2215B Dial String Routing Diagram?

Some manuals here, http://www.hifiengine.com/manuals.php?man=Marantz I'm guessing the 2235B would be the same. - Dave
  14. Avocado Dream

Grado SR60 or Sennheiser HD280 Pro?

I've compared HD-280 and SR-80's and I like both a lot but they are very different, the 280's a little sterile, almost boring compared to the Grados but the sound isolation is the best around. Try to check out the Equation Audio Eartools RP-21, more fun, going for $99 on the auction place...
  15. Avocado Dream

Well, I would like to buy a decent set of headphones......

http://www.equationaudio.com/Professional/pro-eartools.htm and, http://www.head-fi.org/
  16. Avocado Dream

My Computer Bites The Dust Today!

I had that happen once, I cleared the bios by moving the jumper and everything came back as normal. - Dave
  17. Avocado Dream

An unusual dating site!

" A guy I dated turned up dead, plus his wife." - CRIPES!
  18. Avocado Dream

Any Info on JVC RS7?

I have an RS-5, it sounds real good, easy to work on too - all the pots are open. Found it in the trash, it had no issues at all just needed cleaning, tuner dial was bang on. Hard to turn tuner knob is not a good sign, it should be real smooth and easy, I think that I would wait for the...
  19. Avocado Dream

thoughts on Rotel RX-850

Yes, yes, I have an RX-855 that I absolutely love. I think the 850 is 30 watts, perfect for a small room or computer setup. Give it a thorough check, quality control wasn't the greatest at that time. If everything is functional, well worth the money. - Dave
  20. Avocado Dream

Allrighty then, sounds like he's on the level, I'll give the number. Thanks for the help all, - Dave
  21. Avocado Dream

Bought a small item from EBay last night with buy it now option, today the seller sent me a message that USPS requires my phone number to ship the item. Never heard of this before, had plenty shipped via USPS in the past with no phone number required. I am in Canada and the package is...
  22. Avocado Dream

Newbie with a sx-7 receiver

Being the simpleton that I am, the first thing that I would check would be the actual speaker selector switch. I played with an SX-6 for a while and found the switches to be very fragile looking though the receiver had a real nice clean sound. Just a thought, - Dave
  23. Avocado Dream

Toronto Area Pick-up?

Close to the Markham area, I'm here if you need me. - Dave
  24. Avocado Dream

2238B - no output on right channel

No, it's me, you're right. Just trying to cover the simple stuff until someone smarter shows up. I'm no tech but it's beginning to sound like a failed transistor to me, again though, wait for someone with more experience to show up, could be a diode or something. This unit is new to you, or...
  25. Avocado Dream

2238B - no output on right channel

Oops, sorry sherrema, I didn't catch the CD player part of your post. Yeah, that points to amp section, but x2 on kcollins advice, could easily be caused by a dirty switch esp tape mon. Plug your CD player in the main-in again and fiddle with the switches to listen for any changes or...
Back
Top Bottom