Search results

1. mr_fred

Today's JAZZ playlist

on Now playing: Carlo Mombelli "Travels- Moving The Spirit"
  2. mr_fred

Today's JAZZ playlist

Greetings everybody -- I've been traveling and then under the weather, but here are a few recent listens -- There are some great alternate tracks to the original release on the complete Jack Johnson, e.g. "Right Off (Take 10)" I think I've posted this one before -- Paolo Fresu is...
  3. mr_fred

Today's JAZZ playlist

4. mr_fred

Keith Emerson dead at age 71

http://variety.com/2016/music/news/keith-emerson-dies-dead-emerson-lake-palmer-1201728226/ R.I.P.
  5. mr_fred

Today's JAZZ playlist

R.I.P. Keith Emerson: http://variety.com/2016/music/news/keith-emerson-dies-dead-emerson-lake-palmer-1201728226/
  6. mr_fred

Today's JAZZ playlist

The Pat Metheny Group of the 1970s-1990s* were wildly creative and popular. One song of note is "Third Wind" (on the "Still Life Talking" album). First below is a nice version of it from a live performance in Japan, featuring some first-class percussion work. Following are some covers of the...
  7. mr_fred

Today's JAZZ playlist

8. mr_fred

Today's JAZZ playlist

9. mr_fred

Today's JAZZ playlist

10. mr_fred

Today's post-rock playlist

11. mr_fred

Today's JAZZ playlist

"People That You Never Get to Love" - Claire Martin Wow, I don't really know her music -- that was wonderful. They are closing out the hour with this swinging cover -- really smooth: "The Pink Panther Theme" - Plas Johnson W/Patrick Williams
  12. mr_fred

Today's JAZZ playlist

Billy, I'm liking your new photo setup with the TT. :D
  13. mr_fred

Today's JAZZ playlist

Yesterday evening we listened to this -- there is just a wonderful mood in this album:
  14. mr_fred

Today's JAZZ playlist

Clark Terry, Bill Evans, Sadao Watanabe -- a great online/automobile HD radio playlist this early morning to go along with a half-decaf Americano from:
  15. mr_fred

Today's JAZZ playlist

GOT SUBWOOFER? Just listen... the video is out of synch... Jaco: he set the bottom end of the stage, forever.
  16. mr_fred

Today's JAZZ playlist

YT typo -- the title is "Footprints" (plural)
  17. mr_fred

Today's JAZZ playlist

"We were children once, playing with toys."
  18. mr_fred

Today's JAZZ playlist

This post ends my trombone LP set. I had this album in mono already (the second image, Columbia CL 1161), and recently I got it in stereo (the first, Columbia CSRP 8009). To my ear, the stereo separation is a bit too extreme. The piano is solely on the left, the drums are solely on the right...
  19. mr_fred

Today's JAZZ playlist

There was an interruption of this forum earlier today and some posts were lost, according to this thread: http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/was-there-just-a-hiccup.703818/ That said, I am NOT complaining -- just explaining. I think the folks who run AK are magnificent at this...
  20. mr_fred

Today's JAZZ playlist

Some more drums for you all ...
  21. mr_fred

Today's JAZZ playlist

Here is another excellent entry in the MCA Jazz Heritage series, including this famous number:
  22. mr_fred

Today's JAZZ playlist

23. mr_fred

Today's JAZZ playlist

Oh -- that's terrible news. I shopped there many times, in the many years I lived in Illinois. It's the end of an era.
  24. mr_fred

Today's JAZZ playlist

Back
Top Bottom