Search results

1. triodegeek

New Tekton Double Impacts..WOW

Sorry, I don’t know what I’m doing. Any update on your impressions of the DI’s?
  2. triodegeek

Can McIntosh MC-7270 Power B&W 801 series 80's?

Okay, okay. I'm convinced! Just placed an order for a MC7300. So I picked it up a notch in the power category. But...is it as good as the 7270? Seems a little newer. Has balanced inputs. It's been fully serviced in April of this year. After I receive and connect I'll update the thread as to how...
  3. triodegeek

Well...How did it sound?
  4. triodegeek

Geez! "He who dies with the most toys wins." You win!
  5. triodegeek

Nice! I'm more of a road race guy. Thanks for the info!
  6. triodegeek

Haha. OK, but since I'm also a gear head, I get your analogy for Tony. It's like a good ignition system. Doesn't add anything by the numbers, just does everything overall better. It's pretty clear how the McIntosh crew feels. I'd like to hear from some of the B&W fanboy's.
  7. triodegeek

I mean, if I just needed gobs of power I could buy 2 Emotiva XPA-1's for less $ than one used MC-7270...but is it really better?
  8. triodegeek

Vertically biamped??
  9. triodegeek

Haha. Great minds...
  10. triodegeek

I'm dying to try out a McIntosh amp in my system. I just don't know if I can afford one that will power B&W 801's. They're the 2nd version of the series 80's, with protection on the crossover board and the "fibercrete" heads. I've read a lot about the Mac's being under rated on power. MC-7270...
  11. triodegeek

The ferrofluid dilemma: fact or fiction?

Hey Mike, whats the procedure for changing FF in the 104/2 tweeters? I'd like to do mine!
  12. triodegeek

What's your best thrift store speaker score?

B&W 801 series 80, pair. $50
  13. triodegeek

Is my Clearaudio Virtuoso done!??

Thanks and good points. I should have mentioned I only had it a week! It came with a Marantz TT-15s1 I got new in the box from an Audiogoner, so going back the dealer is sort of out of question. I wrote to Clearaudio, no response...yet
  14. triodegeek

Is my Clearaudio Virtuoso done!??

HI, Was changing cartridges around this morning and pulled one of the pins on the back of the cartridge straight out while trying to remove the tonearm connection. Of course, I tried pushing it back in (wishful thinking), but no continuity to gnd. Is there any hope for repair or is it toast...
  15. triodegeek

Mitsubishi LT-20 Replacing Lamps w/ LED's Attn DIYer's

Thanks!! You were my inspiration.
  16. triodegeek

Thanks for the suggestion. I used the 25VDC from the main power supply board. Used existing wiring to Record Size Light Emitter, hijacked the DC @ the supply end, added 1200 ohm(1/2 watt) resistor on light emitter circuit board in series w/ 2 LED's. 3MM LED's fit in there perfectly.
  17. triodegeek

Replacing all the sensor lamps in the Mitsubishi LT-20. Tonearm position and horizontal position lamps no big deal, step down the the DC supply voltage with a resistor and off you go. My issue is with the Record size light emitters. They're wired to 25V AC supply. 2 of them wired in series, 12V...
  18. triodegeek

Hi, bump...sorry

Hi, bump...sorry
  19. triodegeek

Mitsubishi LT-22 turntable opinions

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L8BR76A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  20. triodegeek

Thanks for your response. I do have 1 more question. I love the red light on the Reflector...

Thanks for your response. I do have 1 more question. I love the red light on the Reflector Light Emitter. How did you do that? I was gonna replace those w/ red LED's but popped the hood and noticed they are wired to AC in series. Did you use a red filter or use red LED's and tap the DC supply...
  21. triodegeek

Hi Vincei, the pictures of your Mitsubishi LT-20 are awe inspiring! When mine grows up I want...

Hi Vincei, the pictures of your Mitsubishi LT-20 are awe inspiring! When mine grows up I want it to be just like yours. I also have an AT150mlx to mount. Do you like that combo? I have a couple questions, What size resistor did you use to achieve the proper voltage for led's? Where did you...
  22. triodegeek

My B&W 801 Restoration project.

Here are some close-up's of the logo. Clearly, photography is not my bag. I did the best I could, hope it helps. The side of the scale closest to the logo is in MM.
  23. triodegeek

Another Super High End Phono Stage! No expense spared...

What kind of symptoms will I experience as the supply voltage or current dips too low? Has anyone determined what the voltage / current failure threshold is? I'm using 2 6V lantern batteries in series for each rail. I'm down to +-10.8V. Just curious.
Back
Top Bottom