Search results

1. mswanson65

JBL L36 improved cross overs ?

Seems like the question was…. can the cross-overs be improved and not if there are better JBLs?
  2. mswanson65

Sansui SR-717 turntable with Shure V15 type IV cartridge.

There is one on The Bay right now for $350.
  3. mswanson65

Acoustic Research AR-4x: no sound from tweeters

I am working on a similar pair that also have no sound from the tweeters. I unsoldered one tweeter and tested it with a meter and saw that it was ok. I put the tweeter back in and started working the pots and one of the tweeters started to work. So I think the pots need to be cleaned or...
  4. mswanson65

Help Identifying Vintage Tube Receiver

Looks like a mono integrated amp?
  5. mswanson65

NickDanger55 - Great Seller

Received a record from NickDanger55. Easy transaction and great item. Highly recommended!
  6. mswanson65

Received a Great LP from reddodge053

Thanks reddeodge053 for a great record and easy transaction! Highly recommended!
  7. mswanson65

Silly question...

If it is a good enough deal buy it regardless of upgrade. I bet it is a worthwhile upgrade though.
  8. mswanson65

Is discogs safe to buy from?

Well they do have a feedback rating you could consider. I haven’t had any problems finding some titles I was seeking.
  9. mswanson65

Big Thanks to twitch54!

Thanks so much for passing some KT-88 tubes on to me. Dave’s generosity is what AK is all about. Wishing him some great audio karma in the future!
  10. mswanson65

myopia delivers

I bought a few records from myopia. They were packed great, shiny clean and in better condition than described! Thanks James. Mike
  11. mswanson65

Truck hauls a$$

I can second the motion for kudos to truck. Just received a nice Metallica reissue and shipping was fast and as described. Thanks Tom!
  12. mswanson65

Any experience with the Prima Luna Evo range?

New production Tung-sol KT-150. My understanding is the new Primaluna EVO Line adds balanced outputs.
  13. mswanson65

Any experience with the Prima Luna Evo range?

Hi, I have had a Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP power amp now for almost 4 years. I bought it used and have had no problems with it, sounds great. The auto-bias is great and allows the use of many different power tubes. It came with stock EL34 and also a set of KT-120. I didn’t like the KT-120...
  14. mswanson65

RossW is a great seller!

Thanks Ross! I bought a Dynavector Karat 17D low mc cartridge from RossW and it arrived today packed well and sounds great!
  15. mswanson65

Thanks fanghorn !

fanghorn is the best. Bought some 6922 and E88CC tubes from him. They were packed securely, shipped super fast and exactly as described. Mike
  16. mswanson65

Help identifying tube

Thanks for the tips! Enjoy the weekend!
  17. mswanson65

Help identifying tube

Hi All, I was hoping to get some help identifying this tube (see pics). All I can make out is a faint “A5”. My guess is that it is a 6A5. Any thoughts greatly appreciated!
  18. mswanson65

xbart is a great seller!

Bought a reel to reel tape from xbart. Packed great and shipped speedily. Thanks!
  19. mswanson65

Thanks hi*ball

I bought a couple records from hi*ball. They were super clean, re-sleeved and conservatively graded. He even threw in a freebie. Thank you sir!
  20. mswanson65

Thanks Reddodge053!

I want to second that. I also bought a reel to reel from reddodge052 and its great. Thank you sir!
  21. mswanson65

JVC QL-A7 Turntable. Worth Pursuing?

I have 2 of these tables and really like them. At the end of the record the arm lifts and platter stops. I am pretty sure there is no arm return mechanism. This is a step up from the mon “A” models that don’t have auto shutoff. A common problem on these is dropping of the counter weight. If...
  22. mswanson65

Sansui 1000a

I have one that I had restored by John Wargo in PA. He added separate bias pots for the power tubes and led lights. Sounds real nice. It looked to me like a complicated restore.
  23. mswanson65

hirscwi is a great seller!

Thanks Bill! Just received a Dynavector 20X2L cartridge Soundsmith retip from Bill. He was great to work with. Very knowledgeable! He went above and beyond in helping me get my SUT issues straightened out. That's what AK is all about. Mike
  24. mswanson65

Joespride is a great seller!

Just completed a transaction with Joespride. He was nice enough to part with his VPI SDS. It was packaged safely, shipped promptly! Great communication and great seller. Thanks! Mike
  25. mswanson65

PrimaLuna Premium HP or Music reference RM-200

When I ran it with 8 EL34s it wasn't so much a lack of power but more a lack of low end bass. I really liked the sweetness of the EL34s and preferred them over the KT-120s but then I eventually got the KT-150s and have settled on them.
Back
Top Bottom