Search results

1. turbod6

Sansui AU-717 Post-Rebuild F-2663 Smoke

Foo. I just looked at the multi voltage unit I have. The transformer no. is 4002580. The 120V unit is 4002582 like crv00 has above. What are your transformer no.'s ?
  2. turbod6

Sansui AU-717 Post-Rebuild F-2663 Smoke

Foo. Your F-2663 board you are showing is a single voltage unit with 2 fuses. The board you are talking about is a two voltage unit 120/250 volts. It has 4 fuses total and has the two pins on the left and right side. On mine the 2 wire connector unit has the 2 purple wires connected to each...
  3. turbod6

Sansui QRX-7500 No FM or AM

It is a QRX-7500
  4. turbod6

Sansui QRX-7500 No FM or AM

Guys, I have a QRX-7500 that I am working on for a friend. The unit originally had no right rear channel. After a lot of time and effort checking the amp section I found a wire off of the volume control and soldered it back on. The Right Rear channel was working again. Running it still on the...
  5. turbod6

2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

AU-717,228020353,turbod6 AU-717,217110157,turbod6 AU-717,217111920,turbod6 AU-710,219010099,turbod6 TU-717,847091255,turbod6
  6. turbod6

Need guidance on Sansui AU-717 rebuild

Guys, the reason the board is missing fuses and 4 terminals is that it is a single voltage unit. I have 4 AU-717s and two are single voltage and two are multiple voltage. I discovered this years ago when I needed two transformers. :) Jerry
  7. turbod6

Sansui AU 717 in mid-Missouri

He had all the screws and parts etc. in bags and marked. Very pleasant to deal with. I could have talked to him all night long.
  8. turbod6

Yes that was him.
  9. turbod6

I did buy the AU-717. The unit was really clean and looks untouched . The unit was taken down to the chassis. The transformers and the 4 large capacitor are about the only thing bolted down. I have one parts unit and 3 good working AU-717 to use if I get in a bind putting it back together...
  10. turbod6

I talked to the guy with the AU-717 2hr. ago. The unit did not have any output or bias before he took it apart. He does not remembered where he has it stored at his house. I am going to go look at it tomorrow, if he can find it. I will let you guys know how it goes.
  11. turbod6

ADS L710 Repair Help Needed

Thanks for the suggestion,John. I will take a look at it after I put the other midrange in. It will be fun to play with. Jerry
  12. turbod6

John, I switched out the midrange speaker from the good L710. The speaker sounded great. So I have already purchased a speaker off ebay. Thanks for you help! Jerry
  13. turbod6

I will check over all the joints. Thanks John, Jerry
  14. turbod6

I did just test the other tweeter, it read 2.7 also. I think my mid range speaker is faulty. I can hear it playing but it seems weak, muffled. I think acquiring a different mid range would fix it. Thanks for the help guys
  15. turbod6

Guys, I have one L710 that sounds a "little off". I have recapped it and replaced all resistors in the cross over. I have measured all the drivers. The tweeter measures 2.7 ohms. All the other drivers measure at 5.4. Is the tweeter my problem? What should the minimum ohms be for a good...
  16. turbod6

Integrated amp/receiver with mic mixing input

The Yamaha CR-600 has a mic. input, and mic. volume control on the front. This is a very reliable unit, and 35 watts per channel. I have owned mine since 1974. Jerry
  17. turbod6

ADS L-620 Speakers

I have a set of L620's. I paid $60 for them 4 years ago.They are very well built. Well worth the money! They are little shy on midrange because they are a 2-way speaker. I have my ADS L710's stacked on the L620's and played together they sound fantastic! The L620's are a good start in the...
  18. turbod6

Aiwa AD-3700U Belt Size

Guys have enjoyed reading the tape forum for years and need some help. The Aiwa AD-3700U I have is in mint condition but is missing the main flat belt. I have played it with a rubber band and it sound great. Could someone give me the belt sizes. I have looked for years on the net and have not...
  19. turbod6

AU-717, F-2722 Output Board Problem after Recap

Guys after putting in the 3 diodes my Bias Current was adjustable again. Can diodes cause that much havoc? I checked the mV in the speaker terminals and it was back! Everything was set to specs, and is stable no noise either! :music: Thanks for everyone's time,knowledge,and help. This...
  20. turbod6

Thanks Avionic, you helped me with my CR-620 awhile back. Your expert advice is always appreciated.
  21. turbod6

Bassnutt, I see 3 diodes on the output board, D01,D02,and D04. Are all these 1N4148 ? Thanks Jerry
  22. turbod6

John I just replaced all the caps on the board nothing else. I am still a novice, and wanted to take one step at a time. Do you think bad diodes would cause this problem? Can you give me the values for the diodes on F-2722. I am not very good figuring them out from the service manual part...
  23. turbod6

Guys I replaced the fusible resistors last year. I have checked the orientation of the caps 5 times all look ok solder joints are good. What values are D01,D02,and D04? Could one diode disable the ability to set the bias within specs? Before the caps were put, in the mv for both channels...
  24. turbod6

Guys just got done recapping another AU-717 and did the power supply board first. Fired up the unit and no problems. I decided to do the output module boards. I replaced the 5 capacitors on each board and scraped off the glue. Put the boards back in and fired it up. Dreaded red flashing...
  25. turbod6

Interesting Find While Capping AU-710

Thanks Hyperion, I just removed them.
Back
Top Bottom