Search results

1. turbod6

Sansui QRX-7500 No FM or AM

Guys, I have a QRX-7500 that I am working on for a friend. The unit originally had no right rear channel. After a lot of time and effort checking the amp section I found a wire off of the volume control and soldered it back on. The Right Rear channel was working again. Running it still on the...
  2. turbod6

ADS L710 Repair Help Needed

Guys, I have one L710 that sounds a "little off". I have recapped it and replaced all resistors in the cross over. I have measured all the drivers. The tweeter measures 2.7 ohms. All the other drivers measure at 5.4. Is the tweeter my problem? What should the minimum ohms be for a good...
  3. turbod6

Aiwa AD-3700U Belt Size

Guys have enjoyed reading the tape forum for years and need some help. The Aiwa AD-3700U I have is in mint condition but is missing the main flat belt. I have played it with a rubber band and it sound great. Could someone give me the belt sizes. I have looked for years on the net and have not...
  4. turbod6

AU-717, F-2722 Output Board Problem after Recap

Guys just got done recapping another AU-717 and did the power supply board first. Fired up the unit and no problems. I decided to do the output module boards. I replaced the 5 capacitors on each board and scraped off the glue. Put the boards back in and fired it up. Dreaded red flashing...
  5. turbod6

Interesting Find While Capping AU-710

Guys when finishing the re-cap of my AU-710 I found something I had not seen on my other 2 AU-717s. Attached to the terminals of all 4 15,000uf 63v capacitors is a 330uf 35v capacitor. Question is why would a tech do this, and will they eventually do harm to the amp. Should I remove them...
  6. turbod6

Help Re-capping AU-717

Guys I am about done capping my AU-717, and have a question. I have used Panasonic FC for everything on the F-2663 power supply board. I am stumped for C29, C30 which are 220uf 6.3v non polarized. Does anyone know a part number from Digi-Key, Mouser, etc. for these? I am still a novice and do...
  7. turbod6

AU-717 Capacitor Question

Guys I have question about a capacitor on the power supply board. C19,20,21,22 are all 0.47uf 50v. Like an idiot I ordered 4.7uf 50v. Can I use these or do I need to get the correct uf from Digi-Key. Thanks Jerry
  8. turbod6

Unfortunate Accident with My AU-717

Every year I play the movie The Polar Express with a projector,laptop,my AU-717,and my ADS L710 speakers for a hundred students where my wife teaches first grade. I want the kids to experience quality sound, not sound out of plastic boxes. The sound is excellent and the bells etc. sound...
  9. turbod6

Moron Fixes CR620

A special thanks to Avionics,brutal, and ecluser. You guys are the greatest! Four transitors later and my CR-620 is good as new. Avionics, B&D was great to deal with and they had all the parts I needed in stock. I ordered spares in case I fried them soldering them in. Total bill only came...
  10. turbod6

Moron Cooks CR620 Setting Idle Current

Guys, I got a mint CR620 my father found for $15 at a yard sale. It did play and sound fantastic. All the lights worked and it looked like it has light useage. I decided to clean it up today and check the idle current. I was letting it warm up a while and checked it and it was in spec. I...
  11. turbod6

Sansui AU-717 Ebay Mess

Guys I need some help. Before Christmas I won a bid on a Sansui AU-717 on Ebay for $172.50. It was supposed to be in good functional shape, not mint. It arrived not packaged very well and was damaged. The power cord was cut in two pieces. The speaker wire connectors for A & B are broken...
Back
Top Bottom