Search results

1. mcyuke

Victor JVC M-L10 Restoration

Good work Ren, it is nice to see you tossing up a thread on some forums! I've been following along with the restore and rebuild elsewhere and it's great to have a quick reference all in one spot like this!
  2. mcyuke

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Feb 10, 2012
  3. mcyuke

NAD Owners, Let's see your systems!

I currently am playing around with a NAD 1600 Pre-tuner feeding a pair of NAD 2400THX PE power amps that are bridged and running one channel each with some Paradigm 9SE MKIII speakers.
  4. mcyuke

Show Off Your Small Listening Space

That is a great looking reading chair.
  5. mcyuke

New to Cable Modem, Oh My!

The last DSL connection I had here was 19/1 speed and it was rock solid with exceptional uptime. When the cable company started rolling out their faster packages for similar prices, with unlimited traffic, I had to give the 35/3 package a try. I actually had them both in the house for a few...
  6. mcyuke

IntoThe BadLands, Season 1 now on Netflix, Damn this is good!!!!!!

I have not started season 3 yet, I am holding out until I can sit down and watch them all in a sitting or two.
  7. mcyuke

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Yes, they are foam and as you might already know you go in through the back door to access the drivers and crossover. They are good little speakers for $10 even if they need surrounds replaced which are easy to source.
  8. mcyuke

Average Age Here?

33, born in November 1984
  9. mcyuke

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

That is a fantastic find! If I was to buy a new headphone right now the HD600, HD650 or the HD6XX from Massdrop would be my baseline purchase. Those ADS speakers are also no slouch but the Sennheisers are what got me excited as they are still pretty modern and new enough that they don't tend...
  10. mcyuke

I'm Going to "The Opener"!

The setup I've been using the most the past few years is a Shimano Stradic ci4+ 1000 paired with a 7ft Diawa Presso ultralight. It's been a great reel and has spoiled my other couple of combos as they aren't close to the feel of a Stradic. I've been thinking of upgrading that UL rod to something...
  11. mcyuke

Buckstir's Lounge ... Satisfaction ... Nope, New Additions! ..Updated!

It looks like it's still the PrimaLuna Prologue Five he mentioned a few posts ago. @buckstir How are the 1290s holding up with that amp? I'm still keeping my eyes open on the classifieds for something with more SS power than my Rega Mira or NAD 7140 have on tap.
  12. mcyuke

Yamaha A-1 integrated -- just keeps on impressing

I happen to also have an A1 kicking around that I picked up a few years ago for $100 Canadian. Pictures here https://imgur.com/a/Ukf8d It puts out sound and is in pretty good physical shape but the DC offset was looking a bit high so I put it aside and it's just been sitting collecting dust...
  13. mcyuke

Don't mess with this girl!

Poor carbon Santa Cruz, that would have been a decent ride. :(
  14. mcyuke

Sony DA555es

Here is a manual for the DA555es, https://docs.sony.com/release//STRDA555ES.PDF
  15. mcyuke

You don't sell one shoe, why sell one speaker?

Don't worry, he did end up ordering another speaker and followed up with an excellent review of the pair. :)
  16. mcyuke

Spotting audio gear in the movies, TV, etc.

Here is a stereo I spotted just now while I was watching the new season of Marvels Jessica Jones from Netflix. Only have seen the one speaker so far, along with a turntable, cassette deck and what looks like a receiver. Anybody have a clue what those speakers and components are? They seem...
  17. mcyuke

What is 'too far' for a Howard's treatment

This thread is of interest to me also since I have a pair of L1290 speakers that I would love to spruce(walnut?) up a bit. Mine are in pretty good condition all around but I have some sides and the tops that have dried out and bleached a bit. Perhaps if I ever get around to sending the tweeters...
  18. mcyuke

You can quite often catch glimpses of the gear in the background when they are on the main floor. It's always stood out pretty well to me since the Mac gear is usually lit up and the speakers are pretty noticeable with the exposed drivers! Here is another quickly found image on the internet...
  19. mcyuke

Backing up the media files. What are you doing to safeguard your music?

I have my music library of close to 2TB of lossless files in three different locations in the house. I have a folder on my main computer on a 6TB drive that I use as my daily play drive along with a copy of that folder on my server that has some redundancy features of its own. I also just...
  20. mcyuke

I went and got a couple pictures from the end of the first episode of Counterpart where it shows the cartridge and a better side view of the turntable.
  21. mcyuke

I actually grabbed a screenshot from that episode and uploaded it a while back to share on another community. There is a Cambridge Audio network player sitting on top of what I believe must be one of their integrated amplifiers, with a Thorens table? sitting on top of the stack. Later on in the...
  22. mcyuke

Let’s see those table lamps - vintage or modern

Yes she served me the other morning, her name is Eileen.
  23. mcyuke

Monster Tannoys have landed!

Haha, I just read his comment up there about the Wife friendly comment and I was about to say well just take my cinder block suggestion and drape some black cloth over them. Nice to see a few of us have the same mindset about things! Hey, even painting some nice looking blocks in whatever...
  24. mcyuke

Monster Tannoys have landed!

Those are some real monsters. Myself I'd try getting them up off the floor a bit, even if it is with a few cinder blocks for a temporary solution. I'd also love to hear those in a large room on a big clean solid state amp with some acoustic treatment in the key locations. Any more info on...
  25. mcyuke

Where in the hobby would you like to go in 2018?

One thing I'd really like to get in the house is an integrated or power amplifier that has more power and is a couple steps above the Rega Mira and NAD 7140 I've been currently rotating out of my system in the living room. That system is currently running a pair of ADS L1290 and I'd like to try...
Back
Top Bottom