Search results

1. I

Pioneer PL-50L II no 45 RPM

OK, well I cleaned the crap outta this thing and still has the same behavior. I don't have another one to compare it to, but on different quartz locked tables I have seen, when you change speeds, the quartz lock light usually flashes a couple of times until it locks. That doesn't happen on this...
  2. I

Thanks for the suggestion. I probably could have been more thorough with the cleaning, I will give that another try. I made a list of the caps needed, I should probably check out some of the transistors also. It's strange because when I hit the switch for 45, the indicator light changes from 33...
  3. I

OK, looking for a little help from the AK brain trust. I have a Pioneer PL-50L II, very nice table and everything appeared to be fine, until I borrowed a friends "Brothers In Arms" 45RPM version. I pushed the 45 button, and the LED lit up, put the needle down, nope, it's still 33RPM. I tried to...
  4. I

RS4.5s again

I’m currently in Japan visiting family, but it seems that they match pretty good. I really need to remove them to see everything. Does anyone know if the connections unplug from the crossover, or if it just looks that way. I don’t want to break anything. Limited access to internet at the moment...
  5. I

RS4.5s again

I only have one speaker with a serial number, the sticker must have fallen off the right speaker. It's a little surprising that they would use a sticker for the serial number for a speaker this costly. Actually, also surprised they didn't use better fasteners for the drivers as well, just a...
  6. I

RS4.5s again

Hey, welcome to the RS 4.5 ownership club, I just bought a set of these last week. I found this in another thread here on AK, it shows all the revisions made to the crossovers. If you look at the schematic, the circled number you see next to the components refer to the specific revision...
  7. I

Picked up a set of RS 4.5's

Thanks so much for the replay, I figured as much, thought maybe there was some miracle product that I was unaware of. I haven't decided if I want to tackle this project or not, either way, I'll be waiting until spring to make a decision. I will probably go through the crossovers, which will mean...
  8. I

Hello TheMarco, If I recall correctly the literature from Infinity said "Mde up of solid wood and veneers", so it makes me nervous to just start sanding away. The room I have them in is not real bright, so I'm willing to leave them for now. Besides, it doesn't affect the sound, so I'm cool with...
  9. I

A small update... These speakers are incredibly good! I have them bi-amped right now, using an Aragon 4004 MKII on the woofers and a Carver TFM-42 on the EMIM's and EMIT's. I have the active crossover and am using that to bi-amp, amazing. Definitely the best speakers I have ever owned...move...
  10. I

Hello Infinity Lovers, Yes, that's correct, I found a pair of RS 4.5's for sale near me. I really couldn't believe it, I never thought I'd see a set of these that I could afford, and so close. Anyway, I was hoping to get some suggestions from the knowledgeable people here at the Infinity Forum...
  11. I

AR 9 Parts from RS Steve!! Very Smooth Transaction

My AR 9's are fully dressed and complete thanks to RS Steve! PK
  12. I

Linaeum 9B? Anyone ever heard of ?

I would love to hear those, they sure are heavy! PK
  13. I

Best $2000 or less phono preamp

Hey, I know this is off topic, and I know that you also tried the Hypnotoad 797 MC phono pre, how does the Wyn build compares to the 797? You can send me a PM, I don't want to hyjack this thread.
  14. I

Low output from PS-X600/Shure V15 IV combo.

I think the PS-X series turntables have a muting circuit, maybe there is an issue with this circuit...just a thought. PK
  15. I

AR9 Yes or No?

I can't believe they would ever sound shrill, Maybe the jumpers were missing and the woofers weren't hooked up.
  16. I

AD797 Phono Stage Build and Help Desk Thread

Thanks for the response HalfApt, I appreciate it. I was just playing with it a bit more, I set the Impedance to 60 ohms, maybe I should bump it up a little. I'm working on a Mouser order, I guess I'll add some resistors and mess around with it a little bit. I really could get by with the gain as...
  17. I

AD797 Phono Stage Build and Help Desk Thread

Hi all, I recently finished one of these from boards I purchased about 1 1/2 years ago (thanks Sachin!), I think it sounds wonderful, so I purchased another one to use with my MC20 (haven't got it yet). I hooked up my completed board to my Ortofon MC20 yesterday and I wish it had more gain. I...
  18. I

QLS-3 question

I might have answered this over at the speaker forum, I'm not an expert though there are many here. I have 2 sets of these and I guess early sets did have a rear firing EMIT tweeter. One of the sets I have, there are 2 black circles on the back, however there is no EMIT, the other set only has...
  19. I

Infinity qls-3

I have 2 sets of these and I guess early sets did have a rear firing EMIT tweeter. One of the sets I have, there are 2 black circles on the back, however there is no EMIT, the other set only has one black circle where the mid-bass coupler has a pass through from the front. They are great...
  20. I

Carver ALS Platinum Mk3 with woofer surround rot

Hey Mistereman1, one of the speakers (the right one) had a damaged crossover. Someone must have put some serious power to it, because one of the inductors was burnt pretty bad. I didn't realize it was damaged, but knew something was wrong when one side of my amplifier was getting pretty hot. I...
  21. I

Carver ALS Platinum Mk3 with woofer surround rot

I have a set of the Platinum Mk. IV and I love 'em. I had to refoam the 8 woofers also. I also replaced the caps and resistors in the crossovers. I have some pretty decent speakers in my 'collection', ADS 910's, Infinity Quantum 3's, Acoustic Research AR9's among others, these hold their own and...
  22. I

Ohm Model G’s, what to expect?

This is what mine looked like...
  23. I

Ohm Model G’s, what to expect?

They appear to have been “upgraded” to maybe Walsh 2’s, or something like that. I had a pair of model G’s and they looked like a smaller version of the Model F, kind of looked like a small jet engine. Let us know what you think! PK
  24. I

ADS L980

Hello, I've never heard the L980's, but I wouldn't hesitate to purchase if the price was right. If they are the pair in Rockford, they might be a little on the high side, but I'm not sure. They look nice, at least if they are local, you should be able to listen to them first. ADS are top notch...
  25. I

Craigslist: Portland, OR

I get the same responses in Spokane, I delete these outright. They are trying to harvest personal information, like your phone number or e-mail address.
Back
Top Bottom