Search results

1. bmanone

Might've just acquired a C-1...

Something wrong with those green Mylar/poly caps?
  2. bmanone

Might've just acquired a C-1...

Interesting the life rating on those Muze capacitor is only 1000 hours. If those capacitors actually failed at the rating, our components certainly wouldn't last very long.
  3. bmanone

B-2X and C-2X on CL

I don't remember any glue on mind when I did it in 2015.
  4. bmanone

B-2X and C-2X on CL

Picture of the B-2x powered on in the listing shows it in Protection mode, so it's definitively going to need some work!
  5. DSC_8406

DSC_8406

Worst B-2x power supply cap.
  6. bmanone

Yamaha B-2X 100mF lytics

Yes mine is the multi-voltage unit. This unit also had questionable looking power supply 22000uF/80v caps that I used for a while, but then replaced. Here's are three pictures of the worst ones before cleaning the muck off. The first two pictures may be the same capacitor. DSC_8385 by bmanone...
  7. bmanone

Comment by 'bmanone' in media 'DSC_8385'

B-2x Power Supply Cap leaking out the relief valve
  8. bmanone

Comment by 'bmanone' in media 'DSC_8381'

B-2x Power Supply Cap
  9. DSC_8381

DSC_8381

10. DSC_8385

DSC_8385

11. bmanone

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Yodathedog, My MX-2 pairs great with my CX-2000 (CX-1000 is the same electronically but in black) Stereo Control Amplifier. Also, both CX-2000 and CX-1000 can be remote controlled, I use a RCX VQ08640 with mine.
  12. bmanone

Yamaha B-2X 100mF lytics

Yes, I still have all four of them. They are about twice the size of the new ones I put in there. I think the B-2x sounds very good, but IMHO the MX-2 sounds better for my use case.
  13. bmanone

Yamaha B-2X 100mF lytics

rattalpha, All four of the ELNA capacitors from my B-2x test as dead shorts. My sons Peak LCR meter auto test them as inductors. When I repaired the amplifier several transistors in both channels had failed.
  14. bmanone

B-2x and C-2x

I think there is enough room to use 3 of these in parallel https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/nichicon/UFW0J333MRD/1964092 each 100,000µf @ 6.3 vdc with the added benifit of ~12A ripple current capability vs 8.31A for the ones I used.
  15. bmanone

50 pounds of Yamaha added to the sunroom

I like the meters on the front, they are black like my P2200s.
  16. bmanone

B-2x and C-2x

I can vouch for that, mine runs at about 115-119F on an open shelf (quiescent) in an < 72F basement. I bought mine non-working. I replaced all the electrolytic capacitors and and many perished transistors. It's a very good heater and an excellent sounding amplifier. Notice my avatar?
  17. bmanone

Pioneer SA-9800 display problem

Hi, I thought I add my successful experience repairing the display on my SA9800. The display meter was intermittent and finally just quit on both channels. I replaced TA7318 with a Philips ECG1498 (NTE1498) IC: Here's where it goes: and here's where the display meter is working...
  18. bmanone

Yamaha MX-2 Stereo Amplifier HCA Chip

Alonia, I'd be interested in a pair for spare parts as well, if you ever produce them in quantity. Do you plan on sharing your design details? Thanks, Barry
  19. bmanone

Yamaha B-2X recap

When I repaired my B-2x, I tested every transistor on the amp boards out of circuit. This gave me a chance to get good new solder joints for all the transistors and to find 3 or 4 bad ones on each board. I believe I documented them on my earlier posts.
  20. bmanone

Yamaha MX-2 Stereo Amplifier HCA Chip

I'd like to find an equivalent circuit that would work in it's place. A circuit diagram with component specifications would be ideal.
  21. bmanone

C4-M4 Weirding Out, Man

Check the power switch. My son's C-6 had a similar noise problem that was solved completely by replacing the faulty power switch on the front panel.
  22. bmanone

Yamaha C-2a hifi heater restoration

The D505 and D509 same diodes (as D506 & D510) on the other channel match both the circuit board and the schematic.
  23. bmanone

Bi amp with P2200 advice

Using good quality RCA Y splitters should be find one for each channel, I daisy chain mine at the amps.
  24. bmanone

Bi amp with P2200 advice

I use my P2200s in a bi-amp configuration, one P2200 amplifies left and right highs and the other does the left and right lows. Before bi-amping using the one P2200 sounded really good, bi-amping made it sound even better with improved sound stage and enhanced low level detail. The system...
  25. bmanone

CX-630, volume pot doesn't turn via remote

Is it a motorized volume control like my cx-2000? If so you might want to check for good solder connection on the two wires going into the motor. One of mine broke off and the volume control wouldn't work via the romote.
Back
Top Bottom