Search results

1. jcmusic

Pioneer HPM 1500 Replacement Woofers

Can anyone tell what woofers I can use to replace the 15" woofer in my HPM 1500 speakers?
  2. jcmusic

12AU7 and Variants

What tube in this family would be the most linear that can be used where a 12AU7 is used???
  3. jcmusic

Burning To CD From Itunes

I been trying to burn Cd's from Itunes using a CDR disc, and for some reason I am having trouble. After burning the Cd I put into my Sony Cd player and it works perfectly, then if I stop it and try to play it again my Cd player seems like it is getting stuck and doesn't want to play. When I...
  4. jcmusic

K402's On Khorn Bass Bins

Is anyone here doing this or have tried this? If so what were your findings? Are you 3 way or 2 way in your setup?
  5. jcmusic

Where To Get A FM Outdoor Antenna

I been using a FM 6 Yagi for years on my rooftop with a rotor, the plastic has become brittle and broken it is time for a new antenna. Any advise is appreciated...
  6. jcmusic

Technics SE A1000 Amp

I just picked up this amp and in reading the manual about the speaker connections it says: If Speaker Connection A or B is used 4-16 ohms. If Speaker connection A and B are used 8-16 ohms. Can anyone explain what this means, thanks?
  7. jcmusic

FM Multipath

Ok if I understand what I read correctly multipath is the same signal arriving at different times, and the only way to eliminate it is to have a tuner that can select the better signal and ignor the others?
  8. jcmusic

Sherwood Tube Tuners

Hi Guys, Which of these tube tuners is the more desirable? Also which one has the best overall sound quality? I am thinking about getting one of these to try... Jc
  9. jcmusic

New Surrounds On Wall

I am getting new surrounds that have to be wall mounted, Klipsch RP 250S. They have dual 5.25" woofers and dual 1" tweeters, so should they mount to the side or rear wall?
  10. jcmusic

12AX7 By Telefunken

Are there any 12ax7's that sound better and are dead quiet, as the tele's???
  11. jcmusic

Klipschorn and Subs

I am curious to know where people using subs with their corner horns are crossing over the subs???
  12. jcmusic

Free Software To Measure Room

Does anyone know of some free software I can download to measure my room? Must be user friendly I know next to nothing about this stuff!!! I have a SPL meter and laptop if that helps.:thmbsp:
  13. jcmusic

Using An EQ As A Sub

I am trying out a theroy of using an EQ for the purpose of adding the slightest bit of bottom at low volume, anyone else ever try something like this? I am leaving all the sliders set to a flat frequency response and just moving the ones that cover the 120-240hz area trying to add just a...
  14. jcmusic

Rectifiers

In my Super Baldwin amp it calls for the 5U4 rectifier, the amp builder suggested a 5V4 because of the soft start up and 2.0 amp draw. In the 5U4 type what have you tried used as far as the G, GB, ST shape? Describe the sound differences if you heard any. Jay
  15. jcmusic

What to use to remove oxidation

What are you guys using to clean up oxidation on vintage gear??? Jay
  16. jcmusic

Baldwin Amps By Will Vincent

Anyone here own or ever heard one of Will's Baldwin stereo amps? Jay
  17. jcmusic

Advice on xovers for Bi-Amping

Anyone here use or know about active xovers??? Jay
  18. jcmusic

The Fisher Tube Tuner

Where does the fisher 200B tuner rank in the fisher tuner line??? Jay
  19. jcmusic

Anti Cables and IC's

Anyone here using Paul's Anti Cables and or his IC's with SET amps? Jay
  20. jcmusic

Studer and Otari Mods

I wanted to share some pic's of my two decks and the mods I have done on them. First they both are wired for direct head output to an external tape pre, secondly I made a simple shelf for the electronics. Jay
  21. jcmusic

Dyna 20X 1.0 mv Loading Options

Looking for some options for loading this cartridge with a Rogue 99 Magnum??? Jay
  22. jcmusic

Help Identify These Telefunken 12AX7's

I am trying to determine the year of these tubes. The third pic is the smooth plates, I think the number is 318. Jay
  23. jcmusic

Subs for 12AT7 Tube

I have been reading where guys are using the 12AV7 and or the 5965 tubes as subs for the 12AT7. Can anyone tell me if this is doable??? Jay
  24. jcmusic

EML 5U4G Rectifiers

Anyone here try using these tubes? What were your findings? jay
  25. jcmusic

5Y3GT Rectifier

Anyone ever compaired a RCA & Tung Sol in this tube? Whay were your findings? Sonics, overall sound quality, background, laid back, or up front? Jay
Back
Top Bottom