Search results

1. mzeitlin3348

AN630U - is it possible to buy this IC chip today?

Interesting ... I wonder if they indeed work as replacements.
  2. mzeitlin3348

LG TV problem ...

I replaced the power supply board from ShopJimmy and that did not fix my problem (no real surprise). I tried heating the main board (saw YouTube videos) using a heat gun on the video processor and other parts thinking re-flowing the solder could work, but that did not solve the problem either...
  3. mzeitlin3348

LG TV problem ...

Nothing like a scotch and cigar with your buddies watching a game/movie in the Loggia. It lasted 5 years and if replacing the $19 power supply board gets it working again, I'm o.k. with it. Reality is, electronics should be able to handle the heat and humidity. The capacitors used in this unit...
  4. mzeitlin3348

LG TV problem ...

I tried to find the original Su'Scon manufactured part, but no luck. A Nichicon/Rubycon cap will be better anyway.
  5. mzeitlin3348

LG TV problem ...

The extra 10 mm length (45 mm instead of 35 mm) would cause the cap to sit on top of the board instead of in the provided hole. That extra "height" would prevent the back cover from re-installing. I suspect that's why the PCB has that hole (accommodates the required headroom). I will buy it...
  6. mzeitlin3348

LG TV problem ...

I have a new power supply shipping. I can't find a replacement capacitor which fits and a new power supply was $19. If this fixes my issue, great. If not, time for a new TV. I am mostly curious at this point.
  7. mzeitlin3348

LG TV problem ...

I can't find in Digikey or Mouser cap that is close where its size will fit the board. 475 - 550 v should be fine. I need to find 18 mm diameter by 35 mm long (7.5 mm lead separation). This TV is not that old. I am assuming aluminum electrolytic. I will replace all - there is only two.
  8. mzeitlin3348

LG TV problem ...

I only see 500V in Mouser. And not the correct length (35 mm) .....
  9. mzeitlin3348

LG TV problem ...

We live in Houston, so the weather is mostly warm. We did have a hard freeze this season, but the TV started up after the freeze was over. Attached is a high resolution picture of the board you can zoom in around. The main large cap I suspect, but I can't find a replacement on digikey or mouser...
  10. mzeitlin3348

LG TV problem ...

I am looking to replace this capacitor, but can't seem to find a direct replacement (460 V rating). Will a 475 rating be o.k.?
  11. mzeitlin3348

LG TV problem ...

This is the current fuse. I haven't checked it yet.
  12. mzeitlin3348

LG TV problem ...

Interesting - I didn't test the fuse. It didn't look "bad". And I did get the LED blink red 3 times. I will check it though.
  13. mzeitlin3348

LG TV problem ...

The image shows the power supply board. There is no obvious fault I can see (no leaky or exploded capacitors). But the caps they used are of poor quality.
  14. mzeitlin3348

LG TV problem ...

I checked the remote (standard). I have the power cord unplugged right now. We'll see what that does.
  15. mzeitlin3348

LG TV problem ...

Videokarma? I didn't know. I'll try over there. In the mean time, my project this weekend is to dismount the TV from the wall and open up the back where the boards are located. Hopefully it is a cap, but if not, I'll have to test voltages on the power supply board. My hunch is the power supply...
  16. mzeitlin3348

LG TV problem ...

I have a LG 65UK6090PUA television which no longer turns on. It worked flawlessly (covered outdoors) for years until today. When I use the remote to turn it on, the TV displays a red LED at the bottom of the screen which blinks 3 times then stops. Anyone have a similar LG TV and fixed this...
  17. mzeitlin3348

'obsolete' capacitors shelf life

How long can new old stock electrolytic capacitors (axial 470uF/50v) last unused? Does it have a shelf life? I am asking because I can't seem to find this capacitor anymore. I bought several a few years ago for my Technics turntable and I am in the process of restoring an old board. Since they...
  18. mzeitlin3348

Turtable spindle weight

Spindle weights which are placed over the "spindle" and sit on the record label adding overall mass to the spinning platter & vinyl. I am asking about weights one can buy that work well with a Technics SL-D2 turntable. There are so many with so many different weights. I am curious what others...
  19. mzeitlin3348

Turtable spindle weight

What spindle weight does anyone recommend for a Technics SL-D2 ? (brand and weight)
  20. mzeitlin3348

Do turntable weights make a noticeable improvement?

Which weight do you recommend for a Technics SL-D2 turntable? I have a choice between 280g and 304g
  21. mzeitlin3348

Technics sl-d2 hinge repair - cutting plastic

I finished repairing my SL-D2 hinge. It works better than my other SL-D2 which is OEM. I ended up using an aluminum hinge coupled with a 3D printed "washer" of the same size to strengthen the screw holes and minimize stress on the dust cover. This was a very satisfying improvement over the OEM...
  22. mzeitlin3348

Technics sl-d2 hinge repair - cutting plastic

I am preparing to repair my second SL-D2 turntable cover hinge (both are broken off). What Dremel accessory works best to cut away the broken bits to create a smooth surface for the new hinges? Thanks
  23. mzeitlin3348

Turntable record weight/clamp question

My vinyl collection is in great shape - no warps where a clamp/weight is necessary. I am more interested in using a "weight" for the other benefits many seem to have experienced.
  24. mzeitlin3348

Turntable record weight/clamp question

Has anyone used a record weight/clamp on a Technics SL-D2 turntable? Any issues? I have never used one and wonder if its worth it (pros and cons) in terms of added benefit, particularly with my SL-D2 turntable.
  25. mzeitlin3348

Technics SL-D2 - hinge recommendation

Is there a preferred hinge replacement supplier to replace broken plastic tabs on an SL-D2's cover that you have been thrilled with? A link to a preferred supplier would be great. thanks
Back
Top Bottom