Search results

1. Spektre

Degritter record cleaner

Only the drying cycle is noisy. Cleaning wise it doesn't work miracles, ticks that are probably pressing defects will still be present but with a slightly reduced volume. It usually takes me 3-4 cycles depending on the record to get a record mostly silent but I have records that refuse to get...
  2. Spektre

Degritter record cleaner

In my opinion the fit and finish of this unit for $3000 doesn't quiet have the polish I was expecting, its good but not outstanding, I haven't taken the unit apart so maybe much of the best engineering goes deeper, under the skin. Using the Degritter is simplicity itself with the on off/ dry...
  3. Spektre

Degritter record cleaner

I've just acquired one of these and I'm currently putting it through its paces. There are a lot of things I like but unlike reviews I've read there are some definite shall I say let downs, not a rave review but not a bomb either. DSC04927-2 by Spektre posted Sep 5, 2022 at 7:09 PM
  4. Spektre

Show us your cartridges and/or tonearms!

This is my SME V and Shelter 9000, originally mounted on an Avid Acutus but now residing on an SL1200-GRDSC04924-3 by Spektre posted Sep 5, 2022 at 7:08 PM
  5. DSC04927-2

DSC04927-2

Degritter
  6. DSC04924-3

DSC04924-3

SL1200-GR SME-V Shelter 9000
  7. Spektre

Graham Chartwell LS3/5a

Art, back in the early 90's I worked in a BBC local radio station, that's where I first heard (Rogers) LS3/5a's. Man did I love those little speakers and I tried just about every make of modern mini monitor to try and capture/ better their sound starting with Harbeth's. I've never owned a pair...
  8. Spektre

PMC DB1 Gold

Thanks slippers, at this point I'm not buying a lot of new gear with the exception of phono cartridges which still hold some fascination. Incidentally, I haven't taken more photos of the DB1's because they aren't really a beautiful speaker to look at, at best their appearance is functional !
  9. Spektre

PMC DB1 Gold

Larabee my PMC's are long broken in. I've owned them a couple of years now and heard changes over the first 3 months of listening. Seeing as I'm tired buying and selling gear I'm going to stick with these, in the mini monitor world I haven't heard something I prefer.
  10. Spektre

PMC DB1 Gold

Sorry I've taken so long getting round to this. Haha, Slippers, I have been a world traveller for sure, not by choice or even my work but by circumstance which I won't go into here. I am very pleased to be living in a small town in Oregon though. Spoiler alert, I have since my November update...
  11. Spektre

PMC DB1 Gold

I thought I'd resurrect this as I never did get around to giving a review. What I'd actually like to do is take this in the direction of a comparison with a speaker most audiophiles have heard here, the KEF LS50 Meta which I also own. This is my second outing with both of these speakers in...
  12. Spektre

Official Kef LS50 owners thread

This is my second time of owning the LS50, this time the Meta in titanium. With the previous version one of the things that bothered me was what I perceived as a rolled off treble, I’m hoping the Meta is a little more extended. Both PMC and Q Acoustics tweeters were airier with my amplifier.
  13. Spektre

Audiolab 6000CDT

Hi Art, yeah, moved here just 3 weeks ago, maybe we’ll finally get to meet :)
  14. Spektre

Audiolab 6000CDT

I've only compared it with all in one CD players and the biggest difference for me is a 3 dimensionality that I've not experienced before with the silver disc.
  15. Spektre

What do you do when your better half is out of town?

Arrange delivery of an expensive piece she would never approve of.
  16. Spektre

New Technics sl-1210gr made in Malaysia.

I thought the GR's were only manufactured in Japan so I haven't heard of Malaysian Technics. I owned a modern P3 and now have a 1200GR, they are slightly different animals in terms of sound. This is a generalisation and personal to me but compared to the Rega and even the Avid I still own the...
  17. Spektre

REGA PLANAR 2 VS PLANAR 3

I owned a 2016 P3 a few years back and for it was just okay. I think it needs matching with a full sounding cartridge rather than something on the lean side of neutral. Its presentation is clean and a little lite in the bass compared to what I'm used to but I think with could sound amazing with...
  18. Spektre

Sorry its taken so long to reply, Stereo Haven in IL.

Sorry its taken so long to reply, Stereo Haven in IL.
  19. Spektre

Most Attractive Turntable?

My own Avid Acutus is beautiful to me (currently boxed because of space) I've also got a thing about the functionality of the SL1200 I own. Two very different designs and philosophies but both delightful to see and hear. Line Magnetic and Avid by Spektre posted Nov 20, 2017 at 4:36 AM Line...
  20. Spektre

What cartridges are we using?

Benz Ruby Z on SL1200GR Shelter 9000 on Avid Acutus Reference.
  21. Spektre

Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport

My Schiit Modi has burned in and I'm not noticing a lack of treble detail now, its still smooth but with enough bite to wring out detail. Right now I have it hooked up to the Audiolab via a starter $7 toslink cable ( I have a decent coax coming) and this relatively inexpensive combo murders...
  22. Spektre

The slot loading mechanism is supposed to come from a car audio CD transport, as such its meant to be able to handle vibration caused by road surfaces. I can't remember where I read this but it was probably in relation to the 8300 CD that shares the same mechanism. I have to say to my ears this...
  23. Spektre

LFD owners thread

I heard the Mistral a while back in Portland and thought it was a lovely sounding amp, I thought the designer created a balance of virtues made it hard to fault, congrats Art.
  24. Spektre

I've heard that the Modi changes character but its just a placeholder until I can buy the M DAC +, I think this transport deserves a better DAC than the Modi as a final destination.
  25. Spektre

The Modi arrived today and I hooked it up to the Audiolab CDT, straight away I was met with a huge and weighty 3 dimensional sound that I'd only ever experienced via my old Audiolab CD 8200. In some respects its better, more precise, more separation between the various musical strands and good...
Back
Top Bottom