Search results

1. R

Panasonic RQ-115 Portable

Here is the schematic. I have already replaced C20, C21 and TR6
  2. R

Panasonic RQ-115 Portable

Hi everyone. I know the Panasonic RQ series from the 1960's might be considered, "toys" to some, but I have several RQ-114, 115 and 116 of these capstan drive models. I enjoy refurbishing these and getting them back to working order. Basically the 114, 115 and 116 are all the same transport and...
  3. R

TEAC A-1250 7.5 IPS playback slow

Got it! There have been so many posts I forgot that was there...…………...
  4. R

BINGO!!!!! We did it!! (Notice how I said we - couldn't have done this myself.....) Removing the 4 spark killers did the trick. Both high and low speeds are now right on and sound great. Thanks to all..... Now, moving on. Can anyone recommend a source for the film version of those spark...
  5. R

I removed the one bad spark killer that smoked and melted but haven't tried removing them all, (or lifting one leg on all.) That was my next thing to do. I will do that next. Thanks to everyone for all their suggestions and help. I will advise. Didn't even think of trying reverse mode.
  6. R

I did wonder if that was a possibility. There doesn't seem to be much left.
  7. R

Thank you, yes, I have checked both of those. Frequency selector set at 60 Hz and voltage at 117 VAC.
  8. R

OK, someone wanted real numbers so I did calculations and came up with a 7.5 IPS tape speed of 2625. The 3.75 IPS tape speed is 3000, (or VERY close). When I put on a new belt there is no change. When I put the belt, (new or old) on the 50 Hz pully, (just for kicks - simulating a larger pulley...
  9. R

Two things: One, I believe that the spark killer that failed is across the contacts that are closed for the 7.5 IPS Two: I did notice earlier that I did see sparks on the contacts when the speed switch is turned with power supplied.
  10. R

Would that have caused my speed problem?
  11. R

Put on a new belt, using the correct pulley location and it still played slow. I put the old belt back on again using the 50 Hz pulley location and it was back up to speed. But I did notice that in that orientation it plays WAY too fast on 3 3/4. Remember I said way back in the beginning that...
  12. R

Yes its 60 Hz. I didn't see a way to set the back tension in the service manual. Maybe the belt is just stretched out.
  13. R

Just for kicks I moved the belt to the larger side of the capstan motor pulley and it plays perfect. I'm not real sure what goin on there but I think thats the side for 50 Hz not 60 Hz. Confused. But it plays PERFECT. I compared it to another machine and an online digital version and its dead...
  14. R

I tried pushing the pinch roller closer, it slowed it down more. I pulled it away a bit and it sped up but I think that was just the take up reel pulling it. I tried a different known good run cap of the same value, no change. I actually removed and disassembled the capstan motor and lubed the...
  15. R

No grinding. Lubricated the capstan motor, pinch roller, flywheel bearing etc. No help. I guess I'm not convinced that the cap would cause a consistently slow problem.
  16. R

I have a TEAC A-1250 that plays a bit slow on 7.5 IPS. I can tell by playing a commercially recorded Beatles tape from Capitol. I know what the Beatles are supposed to sound like and this is slow. Not really slow, just a little. Playback on another deck is fine. I have checked the 50 / 60 Hertz...
  17. R

Akai 202D-SS blows main fuse

Its going back to the owner - as is. This tread is done. Thanks all. Posting a new thread about a TEAC A1250 with slow playback.
  18. R

Uh well...…..Don't know if I want to continue troubleshooting this unit. The reverse still doesn't work - even with all the cleaning. Wasn't quite sure how to clean the contacts in the reversing relay. I sprayed some contact cleaner on the contacts and exercised the relay back and forth. No...
  19. R

Ya know, I was just looking at that J 18 when I took a break and checked email. It is a removeable plug and I took it off and cleaned the contacts and reconnected, no luck. I did what you said, shorted pins 1 and 3 and I got the audio from the left side on both left and right. Both VU meters...
  20. R

. According to the service manual, (and I can see the heads), there is one full erase head, one 4 track erase head and ONE 4 track play / erase head. Forgot to mention that I did try to clean the switches again. I completely removed and thoroughly cleaned the 2 / 4 track slide switch. I also...
  21. R

Nightly update: Still having front channel right side playback issues with no sound. All other channels OK. I was fiddling around inside and noticed when power was on and playback engaged, (no tape), I did hear some hiss in the front right side thru headphones. Further investigation showed that...
  22. R

OK, the saga continues! Here's another update: I cleaned all the slide switches and tried to clean the relay contacts, (what a pain there!), and had the following results. Now I only have one channel that's out. YEA! Front Right. The other 3 came up nice and loud after cleaning the slide switch...
  23. R

OK, here's an update. With the help of a dim bulb tester, (that I built just for this), I was able to isolate several problems. They all were in the CR-PC board, (MU-1007). I found and replaced a shorted capacitor, shorted diode and broken resistor. Now the unit no longer blows fuses, powers up...
  24. R

Hi, I have a very nice Akai 202D SS that blows the main 2 amp power fuse immediately upon power up . I have isolated the lower preamp section from the upper mechanical section by disconnecting the large Molex plug on the right side. This leaves power to the lower section but not the top...
  25. R

Simon and Garfunkle double tape?

To answer a few inquires, no I do not want to sell the double tape. Thanks anyway though!!:rflmao:
Back
Top Bottom