Search results

1. K

March is Cerebral Palsy awareness month, please wear Green

A request from all AK members! March is Cerebral Palsy Awareness Month. In March we wear Green. This CP Warrior wants to spread CP awareness and great sound to all. Thanks to everyone. This is important for my family, my community, and all Cerebral Palsy Warriors far and wide, and national and...
  2. K

I will be retiring from this forum! Thanks for everything!

Hi all of AK, I am retiring from this forum except for reading it, will post occasionally. Will read it regularly but not be active here. I am retiring from active public life. Tried to be someone I am really not supposed to be. But also someone who is on SSI, very fixed income. So call me a...
  3. K

Recommend me some Osibisa albums (vinyl please)

Musical friends and gurus, Just heard my first Osibisa track. I want to hear more. Recommend me some great LP discs to search out, and get a start on this fine band. Thanks!!!
  4. K

I have a new to me vehicle (shared with Mom) aka Toyota Sienna thread!

Hello out there in AK land, I have a new to me vehicle. I now own a 2006 Toyota Sienna LE minivan (128,000 miles and change). Thank you Geico, #1 stepbrother (who found it for us in Western NC and test drove it for us) and #2 stepbrother who helped test drive it, and who's generous gift helped...
  5. K

Best USB Audio Interface for PC

I am interested in the best USB audio interface for my laptop. And I would prefer it to cost less than $200. I will not be playing MQA or higher bitrates than 24/96
  6. K

HD Radio and my thoughts on the medium!

My main focus and expertise is on audio and audio plants. And new media and electronic repair on same. I have an idea, which gives us the best of every world, and satisfies every radio listener technically. This will make radio it's best and solve 98% of technical issues. HD Radio with no analog...
  7. K

8 track playlist!

Hello to all 8 trackers out there on AK. What Stereo 8 tapes are you playing? I am playing Jimmy Buffett's classic album, "Son Of A Son Of A Sailor". Original GRT Stereo 8 duplication from ABC Records master tapes.
  8. K

1966 Fisher Custom Electra amp removal question?

I need to remove the power amplifier from my 1966 Fisher Custom Electra to repair a hum issue in the amplifier? Tips and tricks? Suspect the electrolytic filter caps are open. Any other suggestions. Does this on all inputs. Tuner/Preamp is OK.
  9. K

I am now in the Fisher family once more! Avery is in my living room!!!

Hello, all Fisher forum friends and Fisher enthusiasts, After several years without Fisher in my life, a little Fisher Karma finds it's way to me, and is local to me on top of that. And at a reasonable price, and part early Christmas Gift. I went to Habitat Restore in Oak Ridge, as I do on...
  10. K

Android music player apps!

Who here has Android? If so, which music player apps do you like best for playing files off of micro SD cards? Would prefer something which handles .wav files. Interested in your thoughts and commentary.
  11. K

JC Penney Penncrest Console (1962-1963)

Hi all AK folk, Does anyone have any JC Penney Penncrest consoles from 1962-1963? Looking for schematics, service information, or Sam's Photofacts pertaining to this era. I now own a nice one. Thanks!
  12. K

Sandy G update!

Sandy G wanted me to pass this on. He had PC issues again, fixed. And also had to get him and Lauriann healed up from the Flu mess. He'll be back in a while. So, trying to keep you folks updated on him. Thanks!!!
  13. K

USB DAC budget recommendations please!

Hi to all AK and the PC audio and server brain trust. I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T410 i which is a great laptop, but needs a better DAC partner for music playback, the on board sound is not quite to taste. What is the best USB DAC I can buy for less than $100. I am interested in your thoughts...
  14. K

VinylDavid's mother passed away! Prayers and condolences thread!

Sad news here in AK land, VinylDavid's mother passed away last night. This thread is for best wishes, prayers and thoughts for him. He's a great AK'er and friend. Let him know he cares for you. He likes you folks !
  15. K

Who does tonearm rewiring at reasonable prices?

Hi all AK people, I have a tonearm in need of rewiring, nothing fancy or exotic. Who can do this reliably for reasonable money? It's a broadcast tonearm.
  16. K

SandyG status update!

SandyG is having computer issues, so don't worry if you don't hear from him for a while. He just called and wanted me to post this status. Calls are welcome and he says he'd enjoy that. Will update as things evolve.
  17. K

Marantz CDR 500 owners, what blank media do you use?

Hi, I am a new Marantz CDR-500 owner, used machine. What media do you Marantz CDR owners use, what is reliable with them?. Your opinions of the recorders? I welcome your perspectives on this recorder and all other Marantz Professional standalone recorders which use CD-R/CD-RW media. Thanks!
  18. K

Sony reel to reel portables! Who owns them, your thoughts!

Hi all, I inherited my late Stepfather's Sony TC 801 reel to reel portable. Mono 1/2 track. 1 7/8-3 3/4 IPS. Built like a brick outhouse, estimated to be early 1960's vintage. 5" reel size. Who owns one of these machines or it's cousins? How do you like it? Restoration tips? Chime in if you...
  19. K

Can anyone do Durham, NC to Knoxville, TN or to Athens, TN!

I have a pair of speakers I want to buy in Durham, NC. Is anyone headed to Eastern, TN, say to at least Knoxville? I'd like to hear from you if possible.
  20. K

Cassettes revisited and re-evaluated!

Gentlemen, I have been revisiting the cassette medium. And with seriousness. And a lot of things I used to say about the shortcomings of the performance of the media, I must say with HX Pro, and on Onkyo and on JVC machines and even no NR, I must take back much of my old thoughts. Later era...
  21. K

New manifesto and what I am made of!

Gentlemen and ladies of AK, In around 2 weeks, I am celebrating a major milestone. 52 years of overcoming obstacles, naysayers, and of living life my way and on my own terms. Things a 1964 preemie was not expected to do. So, excuse me if I am cocky. And doing everything so called experts said I...
  22. K

Sandy G Status Report!

Attention all AK members and lurkers, Sandy G (Benevolent Despot) had a PC failure this morning. So, he's without a PC until next Monday as the Best Buy techs can't get to him sooner. So, he just called me to let you folks know. So, don't be alarmed.
  23. K

Merry Christmas to everyone at AK!

I wish all AK forum members and lurkers here a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year. May everyone be happy, healthy, and wise, and may the audio be great, and the friendships here the best. Above all, may we all remember that Christmas should be a time of joy and of peace. Look forward to...
  24. K

Any climbers here on AK?

Hi all great AK folk, Anybody here climb? Rock wall indoors or outdoors? I am now climbing once a month with an adaptive group. Under the aegis of Catalyst Sports and meeting at RiverSports in Knoxville. Today was my second climbing session. I am getting further up the wall, gaining...
  25. K

I will be lurking on AK for a few days, family emergency!

Hello all AK members. I will be spending a little less time on AK than normal for around 3-4 days. My 92 year old grandmother I lived with since 1991 has passed on to the other world. So, please bear with me as I am in transition.
Back
Top Bottom